Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

2014/12/15解脫人生覺有情 To Be Free and Enlightened

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2495
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

2014/12/15解脫人生覺有情  To Be Free and Enlightened    Empty
發表主題: 2014/12/15解脫人生覺有情 To Be Free and Enlightened    2014/12/15解脫人生覺有情  To Be Free and Enlightened    Empty周五 4月 10, 2015 8:59 pm

At this time every year, what makes me most happy is to see our newly certified Tzu Chi volunteers committing yourselves to making your heart the heart of a Buddha and taking my mission as your mission. We really should learn the Dharma and have the same compassion as the Buddha. With this compassion opening up our hearts, we can realize what life is really about and be free of mistaken views and wrong thinking.

The Buddha’s heart is one of great wisdom. We need to accept the wise teachings the Buddha shares with us to help us see through our illusions. Then, we too can be wise and know clearly life’s laws and principles, so no matter what adversities or tragedies happen, our hearts can be at peace and free.

This morning, Tzu Chi volunteers accompanied the parents of their fellow volunteer to come and see me. This volunteer was Mr. Xu Mingquan. He had had a car accident. At the hospital, he was pronounced brain dead. Mr. Xu’s parents are incredibly wise. Although they were deeply in pain, his mother said to the doctor, “Please try to save our son.” “If this is not possible, we will accept the outcome and let him go.” “Only when we let go can our son be at peace.”

She is such a wise person to help her son become a person who can save other people. She gave the permission to donate all of her son’s usable organs. His organs have been donated to help many patients. She was able to do this because she had the Dharma in her heart, so she could immediately make the best decision for her son.

Volunteers accompanying her were very touched by her enlightened love. We see how strong the parents are in coping with their son’s death with wisdom. His children are also very sensible. His wife is as well. Thank goodness that this family has the Dharma in their hearts, so that they are able to deal with the sudden death of their loved one.

When I was in Dalin, I also received news about a Tzu Cheng volunteer from Changhua. He was a very diligent volunteer. For more than 10 years, he already knew that he had a liver condition. But he did not seclude himself just because he was sick. Instead, he actively served people and did any tasks needed. He was truly a diligent bodhisattva. He often told people that he was ready for the final moment.

He could go at any time without any attachments. He often reminded his family members and fellow volunteers not to mention his condition to me, so as to not worry me. When his condition worsened, he was hospitalized in Dalin Tzu Chi Hospital. He said that he wished to see me for one more time. However, he had another wish, which was to not worry me, so he didn’t want me to know his condition.

Therefore, he waited until the day I and my monastic disciples came to Dalin. At that time, he and I were the closest. I was in Dalin, and he was inside the Dalin Tzu Chi Hospital. But, he did not want me to know his condition. He didn’t want me to worry. He waited until I returned from Dounan after attending the Year-end Blessings Ceremony to certify new Tzu Chi volunteers.

It was around noontime when we arrived at the hospital, and my monastic disciples went straight to his room to talk to him. After he received blessings from my monastic disciples, he passed away peacefully.

He joined Tzu Chi after the 921 earthquake in Taiwan in 1999. When Tzu Chi volunteers wanted to visit earthquake survivors or go to the construction site to help with rebuilding, they needed a ride for the group. Since he had a bigger car, he always told them: “Whenever you need a ride, just tell me.” “I will always drive and go with you.” From first helping the volunteers and being inspired to undergoing training to become a Tzu Chi volunteer, he had been volunteering actively until he passed away. I believe he must have returned to this world as a baby already.

His wife told me: “He was smiling when he talked to me.” “The last thing on his mind was Tzu Chi.” “He encouraged his fellow volunteers to seize the chance to learn the Dharma and practice it in their life as it’s so rare to be born as a human, and to encounter the Dharma.” “He kept on encouraging them to do Tzu Chi’s work.” He set a good example for others by actively serving people.

For his life, ever since he joined Tzu Chi, he set right his life direction and lived his life to the fullest. There was no activity in Tzu Chi that he did not participate in. He was truly a remarkable living bodhisattva.

I see that his whole family has accepted his passing without attachment. His wife immediately went back to volunteering. This shows the love and diligence of this couple. His children also said that they will continue their father’s mission. This is because of the power of love. People with enlightened love are called living bodhisattvas for they have awakened and yet live a life fully engaged with others. This is the power of love.

All in all, to live a life with enlightened love is very different from being lost in desire and pleasure. Inevitably, we will all pass away one day. Such is the law of nature. Therefore, we should be at peace with whatever comes our way. With such a broad heart, Tzu Chi volunteers and their family were able to let go of their attachments. This is just how Mr. Xu’s mother feels. This morning she met with me. I asked her, “Do you have a hard time letting go?” She answered. “Master, I have to let him go for him to be at peace.”

She told me the same thing that she had said before with such ease of mind. I asked her again, “Your son supported recycling, will you be a recycling volunteer?” She replied, “Of course.” “Both my husband and I will volunteer.” I asked Mr. Xu’s son and wife, “What about you?” His son said, “I will take on my father’s mission.” Therefore, from one volunteer, his entire family now becomes volunteers because of their love for him as he left this world without attachments. This is very good
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: