Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20141231 - 體悟無常 用心造福Pooling Everyone’s Love Together in Times of Disaster

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2495
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20141231 - 體悟無常 用心造福Pooling Everyone’s Love Together in Times of Disaster Empty
發表主題: 20141231 - 體悟無常 用心造福Pooling Everyone’s Love Together in Times of Disaster   20141231 - 體悟無常 用心造福Pooling Everyone’s Love Together in Times of Disaster Empty周六 4月 11, 2015 12:07 am

Tropical Storm Jangmi has caused much devastation in central and southern Philippines. Seeing that, I’m very worried about the poor as well as those who haven’t recovered from Typhoon Haiyan yet. I’ve learned that up till yesterday, the temporary housing we built for Haiyan survivors in Palo were still slightly flooded. It is said that heavy to intense rain are anticipated. Exactly how heavy and intense will the rain be? It is very worrying.

The tropical storm could reach Malaysia by Saturday where Tzu Chi volunteers are now busy carrying out relief for people affected by flooding. Ji Yuan, the head of Tzu Chi Malaysia, is in Kelantan, organizing our relief effort. Directors of our branch offices across Malaysia are all working closely with him.

Each and every of our volunteer groups has also mobilized to help. Apart from those who have been severely affected, most of our volunteers are helping with our relief effort, including those who haven’t been affected or have only been slightly affected. Even the locals whose houses have been flooded came to give us a hand.

受災戶 Ruzina Bt. Zawawi: We’re not done cleaning our house yet, but I still come with my family to help. It’s a difficult time. I’m happy to help. Our volunteers in Selangor and Kuala Lumpur also went to provide aid to people taking shelter at a local school. There are over 2,000 people there. I truly cannot imagine their living conditions there. Fortunately, many people have come together to help the people in Malaysia.

Here in Taiwan, we’ve also been working hard to prepare instant rice. Yesterday, Malaysia Airlines helped to ship 300 cartons of instant rice to Kuala Lumpur for us free of charge. China Airlines will also deliver 850 cartons of our instant rice, reusable utensils, bags for relief goods, etc to Penang for us at half the transportation fees. Our volunteers will then bring these supplies to Kelantan. See how many people have given of their love to help with our relief work.

Otherwise, how are we to send our supplies from Taiwan to Malaysia? It is the busy travel season and the airliners are doing their best to help as they know it’s urgentto deliver these relief goods to Malaysia. Such is the power of love. Seeing that, I’m very grateful and moved. At a time like this, such love is especially touching. All this has come about because Tzu Chi volunteers have been serving people around the world for a very long time, and their work has been seen and affirmed by others. That’s why many people are willing to lend us a hand.

So, we truly need to make vows to help others. And when opportunities arise, we should seize them to give of ourselves. We should also learn the Dharma so we can understand that in this world filled with much impurity, there are many people suffering and they need living bodhisattvas to go their aid. That’s why I’ve been encouraging our volunteers in Malaysia to recruit more living bodhisattvas, and they’ve been working very hard to share Tzu Chi with people in order to recruit donating members. The point is not to solicit donations, but to form affinities with people and inspire them to give with love.

Why do you think the Buddha asked his monastic disciples to beg for alms from door to door? By doing so, many families had the chance to get to know his monastic disciples, learn about the Buddha and his teachings, and take the Buddha’s teaching to heart. So, begging for alms is a way to inspire people. Likewise, if we recruit more donating members, more people will be inspired to give rise to love and together, our goodness will reach Buddhas, Bodhisattvas, and the heavenly beings above. That’s why we need to inspire love in more people.

So, every day, we should speak kind words and share Tzu Chi with others. For example, we can share with people how many volunteers we have, what work we do, and then invite them to join us in doing good, speaking kind words, etc. This is what I hope everyone to do at all times. Now, some of our volunteers in Malaysia are carrying out relief and others are recruiting people to help with our relief effort.

That’s why we’ve seen people who are slightly affected by the flooding pitching in to help with our work. I really hope that more people can give with love like this. We also see our volunteers in areas not affected by the flooding taking to the streets to solicit donations. This is to remind people that there is a disaster and we need to help those affected.

Our volunteers in Singapore also went to Malaysia to help. They travelled all the way to Malaysia as they were determined to help. Indeed, with a vow comes strength. Without making vows, we’re not able to do anything. Our volunteers in Singapore are determined to help and that’s what they’ve done.

They don’t consider it hard work. Seeing how people are helped, they are full of joy. Such is the wonder of the Bodhisattva Path. So, we truly must diligently walk on this path. How are we to help others? If we haven’t learned the Dharma, we must do so now so we can enrich our minds and have upright thoughts. Then, we’ll be able to give up our selfishness and nurture an abundance of love in our hearts. And when opportunities arise for us to help the suffering, we’ll be ready to do so.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: