Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20150317醫療訪視‧明辨是非 Spreading Love Far and Wide

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2495
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20150317醫療訪視‧明辨是非 Spreading Love Far and Wide  Empty
發表主題: 20150317醫療訪視‧明辨是非 Spreading Love Far and Wide    20150317醫療訪視‧明辨是非 Spreading Love Far and Wide  Empty周六 4月 11, 2015 1:25 am

All around the world, there have been many disasters caused by erratic climate conditions. So, we must be aware and vigilant. Apart from that, we must also take good care of our hearts and minds. Yesterday, we saw the footage of our hospitals in Guanshan and Yuli. See how our doctors, nurses, and Tzu Chi volunteers go to the mountains and out-of-the-way places to visit people in need of medical attention.

During their trips, they see how people are affected by various kinds of suffering in life. Our medical staff and volunteers not only visit them regularly to bring them medical care and supplies, but also help to bathe them and clean their houses. Seeing how people suffer, they do all they can to help and care for them. for example, when they see how people's houses have become run-down, our medical staff will work with Tzu Chi volunteers to repair or rebuild their homes so they can live in safer and more convenient conditions.

This is what Tzu Chi members do year in, year out and how they carry out our missions of charity and medicine together. They make vows to help those in need and they take actions to do so. All this is because they've seen how people suffer and they're determined to relieve their suffering. At the same time, they also hope to sow a seed of love in people's hearts so that the seed will sprout someday. This is the spirit behind Tzu Chi's work.

In this world, there is too much work for us to do. So, we need many people to dedicate themselves with all their hearts and love. but as we work to bring peace to people's hearts and inspire them to walk the path with us, we ourselves also need to be very prudent in everything we do. We must uphold precepts and abide by our guiding principles. Many people have asked me: "How do you manage Tzu Chi?"

I always reply, "With precepts and love" All that I hope is that Tzu Chi member scan abide by precepts without going astray and care for people around the world with a big heart. This is what I've been sharing with them all along. It's been decades since I renounced the lay life. Over these 50 or so years, I've been cautiously taking care of my actions, words, and thoughts. In this world, there are many people in suffering.

Some suffer from mental afflictions, some suffer from physical illnesses, and some suffer both physically and mentally. Apart from that, there are also people suffering from natural disasters and manmade disasters. How are we to help so many suffering people in the world? The only way is to keep spreading love far and wide by going amongst people to serve. Only then can love become widespread worldwide, not just in Taiwan. To achieve that, those of us in Taiwan must give with love first.

Only then can our love shine forth to bring peace and harmony not only to Taiwan, but also to other parts of the world. See how overseas Taiwanese people serve in their countries of residence. Take Malaysia for example. At the end of last year, Malaysia was affected by flooding Tzu Chi volunteers across Malaysia immediately worked together to carry out relief work.

They launched a cash-for-work program to invite the locals to clean up their own community, and now they're building temporary houses with the building materials they've acquired locally. During this period, they'd discuss with me how to carry out relief, the direction of their work, etc. All that I've passed on to them is Tzu Chi's ideals and spirit, which they've carried out locally. Our volunteers in Malaysia have spread Tzu Chi's love to the locals.

While serving those in need, they'd share with them how Tzu Chi was founded and started with scarce resources, and how our volunteers are now serving worldwide. We also see how our recycling work has been carried out in Malaysia. Having watched Da Ai TV and seen how our recycling volunteers work hard to sort recyclables and thus reduce the amount of garbage in Taiwan, a school teacher was inspired to take up recycling. When she first started collecting recyclables, her students even nicknamed her "Teacher Garbage"

But she ignored them and continued to do her work. Now, her efforts have been affirmed. She is the one doing recycling, but she gave the credit to Taiwan as she said she was moved by the recycling volunteers in Taiwan. With her efforts to promote recycling, the whole school is now doing recycling. Parents, the principal, and government agencies have all affirmed her work.

Everyone, one person alone cannot do all the work in the world just like how one cannot eat all the rice in the world. So, we need everyone to come together and work hand in hand for people in the world with love, which is inherent in every one of us. Only then can everyone in the world receive our love, come across life's truths, and be inspired to give and be inspired to give. When the world is filled with love, there'll be peace everywhere. When we awaken to life's truths, every path we take will be smooth and we can spread love far and wide.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: