Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20150420 - 以法除苦善養心

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20150420 - 以法除苦善養心 Empty
發表主題: 20150420 - 以法除苦善養心   20150420 - 以法除苦善養心 Empty周二 9月 01, 2015 5:30 am

20150420 - 以法除苦善養心 Serving as Living Bodhisattvas to Benefit Our World

We see the images of living bodhisattvas. They are ordinary people in this world, but what they do is really extraordinary and also very moving.

They are able to do so much touching work because there are people living in suffering beyond our imagination.

In this world, there’s indeed much suffering that we can’t even imagine.

Seeing how people suffer in this world, the Buddha teaches us the reality of suffering. If there were no suffering in the world, Buddhist teachings would not be needed. With the help of Buddhist teachings, we can train to become living bodhisattvas.

We heard young, adorable children from one of our kindergartens in the U.S. make vows to lead their lives with mindfulness.

To create a peaceful world, we in the U.S. must awaken first. Grandmaster and everyone, please see how we lead our lives with mindfulness.

If we use too much water, water will run out. So, just a little water is enough. Turn off the light to save electricity. Don’t throw plastic bottles away because they can be recycled. I’m helping my mom rinse the rice. The used water can water plants. Hello, Grandmaster. Please don’t worry.

There’ll be more and more people doing what we just showed you and the U.S. will become more and more beautiful.

For a peaceful world, we in the U.S. must awaken. Grandmaster, I love you.

They said they in the U.S. must awaken in order to bring peace to the world. How are they going to do that?

They started with caring for the Earth by doing recycling work, helping their parents with house chores at home, cherishing water and electricity, etc.

See, children can learn, so we should guide them from a young age. Our U.S. volunteers are really mindful. Hearing their report yesterday, I was very moved.

What moved me even more is that since July last year, they’ve been listening to my Dharma talk every day. During this period, they’d experienced major snowstorms.

Despite such harsh weather since last July up till now, the total attendance of our volunteers to my Dharma talk has reached over 100,000.

This is truly not easy. I’m truly very moved. This is really no easy feat. What’s even more touching is their effort to share the Dharma with others. See how they send Tzu Chi’s publications to prisons and to go interact with the inmates. Many of the inmates were inspired and wrote letters to share with our volunteers how they’ve changed.

Some donated stamps to Tzu Chi and others expressed that they hope to receive more of our publications as they find them very useful.

Many are resolved to reform. Their minds have become free, and they are determined to help others from now on.

I’m sure that their future will be filled with hope, light and beauty.

In recognition of our volunteers’ service in Santa Rosa, California, the mayor has designated a Tzu Chi Day.

Apart from doing various work to serve the local community, our volunteers also care for the homeless and share wholesome teachings with them.

Many have even been inspired to lead a normal life again. No matter who people are, this is how our volunteers share true principles with everyone according to their aptitudes and levels of understanding, so they can easily take them in and benefit. Seeing how our U.S. volunteers not only learn the Dharma, but also pass it on to others. I’m really very moved. Our U.S. volunteers serve several countries in the world. So, like the children said, they must awaken and lead their lives mindfully. Only then can they have pure minds, and help bring peace to the world. This is very important. That’s why I told our U.S. volunteers yesterday that I hope they can nurture their wisdom. With wisdom, their minds will not be tainted when they go amongst people to serve.

Seeing what they’ve done, I’m very moved. This time, in order to better serve our volunteers from abroad, Tzu Chi members in Taiwan have come together and taken up different work.

Supt. Chien from our hospital in Taichung also brought his staff to the Abode to help. They came to Hualien by train last Friday.

When they arrived, it was already 8 p.m. They helped prepare the meals on Saturday. Be it the supt., asst. supt., doctors, or department heads, they gave of themselves to give us a hand.

Many of the dishes were prepared by them. They took the 6 p.m. train back to Taichung on Saturday.

When they came to say good-bye before they left, I could still smell food on them.

It was truly very moving. This was the second time. Asst. Supt. Hsu came to help. He said last year, he also helped in the kitchen.

I remember last year he told me that he’d never chopped vegetables for over 1,000 people to eat.

This year, he’s learned to use a spatula which is truly very remarkable of him. In life, there’s nothing one cannot do.

As long as we try, we can do it well. I’m truly very grateful. I’m grateful to Tzu Chi members in Taiwan for working together to serve our volunteers from abroad. This is indeed very moving.14:21:41
回頂端 向下

20150420 - 以法除苦善養心
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: