Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

人間菩提—20150427人道關懷繫因緣 Humanitarian Relief for Nepal

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

人間菩提—20150427人道關懷繫因緣  Humanitarian Relief for Nepal               Empty
發表主題: 人間菩提—20150427人道關懷繫因緣 Humanitarian Relief for Nepal    人間菩提—20150427人道關懷繫因緣  Humanitarian Relief for Nepal               Empty周五 10月 02, 2015 4:26 am

Every day I search my heart and ask myself: Why is it that the world we live in is full of so much suffering and why has the climate become so unbalanced? Why is the land constantly being damaged? Why are there conflicts and fighting among people? I have been asking myself these questions every day to search for answers. We tend to think the world is safe and peaceful.

If we enjoy being safe and well in our community, is it a true peace? Living under the same sky and on the same land, we should share mutual care and concern. We must nurture great living-kindness and great compassion for all in this world and live in harmony with Mother Nature. Such is truly our aim and purpose of practicing the Dharma.

If we are not aware of the affairs of this world and are always thinking about only our personal gains and losses, how can our world become safe and peaceful?

We also saw the birthplace of Buddha. ‘Kingdom of Kapilavastu” as stated in the Buddhist texts or knows as ‘Nepal’ in the present day. Recently, a very strong earthquake measuring 7.8 in magnitude hit Nepal. The damage it caused was indeed shocking. Buddhist texts stated that all things undergo the cycle of formation, continuation, deterioration and annihilation.

Who would have expected that the architecture gradually erected over centuries would, in an instant, be completely destroyed. Villages around the quake’s epicenter have been totally flattened and decimated. Seeing scenes of the devastation reminds me of Taiwan’s 921 earthquake in 1999. That time, the scenes were just like these. At that time, phone calls kept coming in, from very early in the morning. Some were from people assuring me of their safety.

Some were reports on the disaster situation. What was most heart-wrenching was the call that asked for body bags to store dead bodies. The very first time, our relief volunteers asked if Tzu Chi’s hospital could contact the manufacturer of body bags and order 500 body bags. I said: “Five hundred? So many?” “Yes, they’ll be needed.” Was the reply.

Less than 10 minutes later, another call came to say that 1,000 were needed instead. I thought, “For real?” The emerging picture of the disaster’s severity was terrifying. Then came the third call. An additional 1,000 body bags were needed. In all, they asked for 2,000 body bags. This was back in 1999 when a powerful earthquake struck Taiwan.

Right afterwards, we received report after report of the quake’s devastation. Every call that came in brought heartrending information.

At that time, I said that my grief and anguish was to such an extent that there were just no words. I had no words left—what was there to say? This time, it’s the same. But, I am very grateful that staff of Tzu Chi very quickly gathered together to search for every possible local contact to find a way for Tzu Chi to go in to bring aid. I am truly very grateful that yesterday a disaster relief team was immediately formed.

I am grateful to the following physicians from our medical mission who are living bodhisattvas to take the lead in going: Supt. Chien from Taichung Tzu Chi Hospital, Supt. Chao from Taipei Tzu Chi Hospital, Director Wang from Hualien Tzu Chi Hospital, and Director Lee from Dalin Tzu Chi Hospital. These four physicians have a heart of Great Love.

They are among Tzu Chi’s first team of 15 people for this disaster relief mission, which departs today for Nepal. Also on the team are staff of Tzu Chi Foundation and a Tzu Chi volunteer from the U.S., who is originally from Nepal. Mr. Damai Lama flies from the U.S. to join the team at his home country. Speaking of Damai, in November 2013, he went back to Nepal for a visit. Back in 1993, Nepal was devastated by a flood disaster.

That was about 22 years ago. Damai heard that Tzu Chi had been to his home country and built four Great Love villages for the flood affectees in three counties. The construction of the Great Love villages commenced in 1994 and was completed in 1995. A total of 1,800 houses were built in the four villages. To respond to this powerful earthquake, Tzu Chi Taiwan has immediately organized a relief mission. I am truly grateful that whenever there is a disaster in the world, all of Tzu Chi’s missions respond.

Our medical and cultural missions have mobilized. In the charity mission, departments for volunteers resources and program development are also responding. I hope this first team will arrive at their destination safe and well. To meet the urgent needs of survivors is like rescuing people from fires, but we have to be mindful of aftershocks which continued during the whole day yesterday. I hope the first team will arrive safely to carefully assess the local hardship in detail.

When this first team arrives at the disaster zone, medical care will be the most urgent need. Therefore, Tzu Chi’s medical team must quickly get there to save lives without any delay.

Yesterday, Supt. Chien and Supt. Chao contacted each other to prepare medical supplies in Taipei. Yesterday, they quickly readied medical supplies. For this disaster relief, there will be mid-to long-term aid. The road ahead for our work is very long.

Therefore, we need everyone to sincerely pray for the people in Nepal and hope that the country will be safe soon so that medical and rescue teams can smoothly go into the disaster areas for provide relief. In fact, rescue team from many countries are already at or are heading toward the disaster areas. Yet, blocked roads and aftershocks hinder their entry into the disaster areas.

They need to overcome a lot of obstacles because time is of crucial importance in rescuing people’s lives. All in all, life is full of impermanence and suffering. We need to seize the opportunity today to do all we can and to make our history for the future.

回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: