Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

人間菩提—20150506賑濟災區再接力 Bringing Aid to Nepal in a Relay of Love

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

人間菩提—20150506賑濟災區再接力 Bringing Aid to Nepal in a Relay of Love Empty
發表主題: 人間菩提—20150506賑濟災區再接力 Bringing Aid to Nepal in a Relay of Love   人間菩提—20150506賑濟災區再接力 Bringing Aid to Nepal in a Relay of Love Empty周五 10月 02, 2015 5:02 am

In this world, everything undergoes the phases of formation, continuation, decay, and annihilation. Take Nepal for example. As the birthplace of the Buddha, Nepal is a popular pilgrimage site. So, it has attracted many foreign tourists. Nepal is also home to many historic buildings, some of which were built over 2,000 years ago. Over time, these building had gradually decayed. After the earthquake this time, many temples, palaces, etc. have tumbled into ruins.

Very soon, the debris will be cleared away and there’ll be nothing left. Isn’t this a good example of how things form, abide, decay and annihilate? In this world, all tangible things, after coming into being will abide, decay, and eventually demolish. It’s just like how people undergo birth, aging, illness, and death. Life is impermanent. This is the truth we must deeply reflect on. It’s been days after the quake hit Nepal.

On the second day, many Tzu Chi members expressed their wish to go Nepal. They brought more than one ton of medical supplies with them. Their trip to Nepal was full of twists and turns. But eventually, they arrived in Nepal safe and sound.

The day after they arrived, they visited the local government to acquire their permission for them to conduct medical services locally. Having been granted a permit, they started to work with the local hospitals to conduct surgery for patients. It’s hard enough to perform surgery in other countries, let alone a country that has no diplomatic tie with Taiwan. But we could feel their earnest hope for us to join them. Members of our first and second relief teams have truly worked very hard over the last few days.

They’ve treated over 1,000 locals and operated on 12 people. They even help deliver a pair of twins. The mother was 41 weeks into her pregnancy. To receive a cesarean section surgery she needed to be anesthetized. Coincidentally, Director Lin on our second relief team is an anesthesiologist. With his help, the mother gave birth to the twins safely. The mother’s smile brought joy to everyone in operation room. All the doctors and nurses were thrilled to see the twins.

Our doctors also went to a cancer hospital to help operate on a woman with fibroids. This is how our doctors worked with the local doctors to conduct surgery on patients together. After the quake, many people suffer from very serious fragmented bone fractures, so our doctors also helped conduct several fracture operations. They’ve truly done a lot to help. Doctors on our first relief team left Nepal yesterday. At our videoconferencing yesterday, Supt.

Chien told me that they had to go out early because they wanted to donate the medical supplies they brought to Nepal to some local medical institutions. By doing so, they’ve formed good affinities with the local hospitals. This is what they’ve done in Nepal. Please stay longer in Nepal. I’m grateful to everyone from Taiwan. They’re a big help to us this time. We’ve brought to Nepal the love from people around the world, especially Taiwan.

The second relief team is coming back to Taiwan tomorrow, and our third relief team of 41 members is leaving for Nepal today. The third team includes 12 medical professionals, our Tzu Cheng members and commissioners, interpreters, and our documenting volunteers. They’re leaving today. Director Lin the anesthesiologist on the second team will stay to accompany the third team.

Being there for days he is familiar with everything there and can help guide the third team of 41 members. Other team members in charge of administrative work and surveying quake survivors’ needs will also stay. So, our work there will be handed down smoothly so the future teams will continue to work closely with the locals. After surveying the quake survivors’ needs, we’ll distribute aid supplies to over 7,000 families in the next few days.

So, Tzu Chi members in Nepal are now busy preparing material supplies for the coming aid distributions. I’m happy to see that two days ago we started to set up large military tents for the quake survivors. Each tent can accommodate 40 people. The local can now have a more comfortable shelter to live in. Yesterday, we shipped our portable beds to Nepal.

With the military tents and portable beds, the quake survivors’ living conditions will improve a lot. Otherwise, seeing how they’ve suffered, I’m truly very worried for them. So, I hope that people around the world can give with love and donate what they can to help Nepal. Tzu Chi volunteers in 21 countries and regions are now raising funds for Nepal.

They take to the streets and serve with the same loving heart to invite people to donate what they can. After the quake this time, there’s still much work for us to do in Nepal. So, we need everyone to give with love. Those who can give are truly blessed. So, to be blessed, we must take action to give. I really hope we can do more for the people in Nepal. I also hope that our first aid distributions for the more 7,000 families can be conducted smoothly.

The aid distributions will be conducted in two days and I hope everything will go well. Tzu Chi members are busy preparing aid supplies now. This is what they told me during our daily meeting. In all, everything is the working of karmic conditions. When an opportunity arises, we must seize it to give of ourselves. Such is an act of bodhisattvas who work to benefit others with love that knows no boundaries.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: