Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20150515人間菩提 ~ 轉苦為樂人間度 Relieving Suffering and Making Good Use of Our Life

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20150515人間菩提 ~ 轉苦為樂人間度 Relieving Suffering and Making Good Use of Our Life  Empty
發表主題: 20150515人間菩提 ~ 轉苦為樂人間度 Relieving Suffering and Making Good Use of Our Life    20150515人間菩提 ~ 轉苦為樂人間度 Relieving Suffering and Making Good Use of Our Life  Empty周五 10月 02, 2015 5:09 am

“We really need to come here to understand people’s needs. It’s not to show off that we’re doing good, but we need to let more people know that there are people in dire need of aid.”

Seeing the people in Nepal, our hearts go out to them. Yesterday, our relief team in Nepal went to a school founded by a Rinpoche for children from remote villages in the Himalayas where there are no schools. Feeling for the children, the Rinpoche founded schools in Kathmandu so these children from the mountains can received an education.

But their school was damaged by the quakes this time, and the children can now only stay in a tent set up in an open area of the school. See how Tzu Chi members have put a smile on the children’s faces and calmed their minds.

These children are very adorable. They’ve suffered a lot, and we really don’t know when their suffering is going to end. When can they have a proper place to settle into and resume their normal lives? We really don’t know.

We also see soldiers, policeman and volunteers helping to clean the streets with their bare hands. Working with their two hands, when are they going to finish the cleanup? And with the small excavator they use how long will it take them to clean up the area?

Seeing these images, I truly worry for them. If people continue to live in tents how are they going to cope with it emotionally? When it rains, the tents are flooded. In the tent area, there are no bathroom facilities. People have to cook outdoors and eat with their hands. How much longer can they live like this? This is the living conditions of quake survivors in Nepal now.

Life is truly filled with suffering, but suffering is brought about by our actions. What exactly have we done collectively that has brought so many disasters to the world and so much suffering to people? In cultivating ourselves we need to constantly reflect upon this. In life, how long can we live?

“Originally, we needed other people’s help. But having come in contact with Tzu Chi, we are inspired to help others.”

We see Lin Ye in Taiwan. She was diagnosed with leprosy when she was six years old and later moved to Lesheng Leprosy Home. She was very positive and kindhearted and had formed good affinities with many people.

When we were raising funds to build our hospital in Hualien, I visited them at the leprosy home. Seeing their difficult living conditions, my heart went out to them. Many people considered the leprosy home a hell on earth but to me, it’s like a pure land beyond heaven. Hearing me say that, their hearts were opened.

During that period of time, when I went to Taipei I’d pay them a visit. This karmic affinity with Tzu Chi has inspired them to give with love---When they learned that we were building a hospital, they wanted me to stop providing financial aid to them. But I insisted on continuing our aid to them. In the end, they became a great support in helping me raise fund to build the hospital. They were truly bodhisattvas who touched me deeply. They made lotus flowers to raise fund and we even composed a song to honor their effort.

Seeing what Lin Ye and Uncle Jin, another resident in the leprosy home worked so hard to help me, I was very moved and I still am. Tzu Chi volunteers have been caring for them. Lin Ye had taken part in many of Tzu Chi’s events and was even invited by our overseas volunteers to share her story with others.

“I’m also a patient with leprosy. On TV, I’ve seen people in other countries who suffer worse than us. At least, we still have food to eat. We may not lead a well-to-do life, but it’s not bad, either. So, instead of complaining about our plight, we should be grateful.”

See how she was not troubled by her illness or her appearance. She had a very beautiful heart. She was not held back by her appearance and her illness was not an obstacle to her. With such an open mind, her life path also opened up. See how she went out to interact with people.

Having heard her story, many people were inspired to better themselves.

“I’m blessed to have joined this big family of Tzu Chi. I’ll cherish this opportunity, which is rare to come by, and make good use of my life. Tzu Chi has “recycled” me, so I’m able to find a new path in life and start life anew. It’s not too late yet”

Everyone has a different life’s purpose. Lin Ye, with leprosy, had come to this world to inspire other people. Two days ago, she passed away at midnight. When I learned of her passing, I was a bit sad, but I give her my best wishes.

In this lifetime, because of her condition, she had suffered a lot. But when she comes back in her next life, I’m sure she’ll be reborn in a healthy body and bring with her the wholesome teachings she’d learned to inspire more people. She had formed good affinities with many people. So, in her future lives, I’m sure she can inspire more people.

In this world filled with impurities, we need more bodhisattvas around. I’m sad to see her pass but death is a natural course of life. No matter how grieved we are, we should wish her our very best.

How long can we live in this world? So we must seize time to help the suffering around the world. The more we give, the more we gain. All that we gain will become the Dharma in our hearts.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: