Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20150703人間菩提 ~ 忍辱心平精進行 Helping People with Compassion and Forbearance

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20150703人間菩提 ~ 忍辱心平精進行 Helping People with Compassion and Forbearance  Empty
發表主題: 20150703人間菩提 ~ 忍辱心平精進行 Helping People with Compassion and Forbearance    20150703人間菩提 ~ 忍辱心平精進行 Helping People with Compassion and Forbearance  Empty周五 10月 30, 2015 4:53 am

We see that in India, in a region of Bengal state, heavy rains caused the hillside to move, creating landslides overnight. Mud and debris quickly buried homes while residents were sleeping inside. Such is impermanence in life. Night time is supposed to be a time for a good sleep. All of a sudden, rocks, mud and debris came and buried everything on its path. This is truly indeed impermanence even land is fragile.

We also see a ferry that capsized after departing from Ormoc City in the Philippines. Mr. Alfredo Li, CEO of Tzu Chi Philippines, happened to be in Ormoc yesterday for the construction of transitional shelters which is still in progress. He quickly organized local volunteers and visited a hospital and other places to deliver care and emergency cash to the people who are impacted by this incident. Seeing this news is indeed heartrending.  

If Tzu Chi volunteers were everywhere, whenever an emergency or a disaster happens, their power of love and care can quickly heal people in suffering. We truly need the power of love in this world.
From the news on Da Ai TV, I see that Liberia is once again finding cases of Ebola. This sparks tension for the world.

Indeed, our world is full of disasters. In Shaanxi, China, the most intense heavy rains in 60 years have caused floods. All in all, when we look around the world, disasters resulting from the imbalance of nature’s elements can happen in an instant.

Also, the fire at a Taiwan water park after a sudden explosion of colored powders injuring hundreds also happened in an instant.  I’m grateful to our medical personnel for making a concerted effort in treating the burn patients with such fast mobilization, total devotion and dedication. Medical personnel of all departments work together mindfully and efficiently. When they described how they were devoted to treating the burn patients, I can feel their compassion as they take the patients’ pain as their own.

We also see that Dr. Wang, a plastic surgeon, posted an article on Facebook describing in details how he helped one of the burn patients. He could not bear for this patient to suffer more, so he took care of her mindfully, even buying her a lip balm with his own money and applied it to her cracked and dry lips.
“He bought and put a lip balm on my sister’s lip. At the time, we didn’t know that her lips had become dry. Thank you, Dr. Wang, for this extra care. Thank you very much for taking care of my sister.”

“What I described is what the medical professionals are doing. I just want to tell everyone what the nurses, doctors and medical personnel at our entire hospital are busy with, how much we have done for these burn patients and what our contribution is.”

“Some of our colleagues were scheduled to leave on June 30. Yet, they took initiative to stay and came to this unit to offer their help instead of staying in their original units. A few nurses actively offered their helps. Some came to the burn unit to help on their off days or as soon as they finished their night shifts.”
With such selfless virtue, many nurses mindfully devoted themselves to save lives including nurses from Hualien Tzu Chi Hospital. They are specialized in taking care of patients with major burn injuries.

When Director Chang called to ask one of the nurses for her availability to go to support Taipei Tzu Chi Hospital, this nurse’s mother said to her, “Just go. I’ll take care of your children. Now is the time to save life. Timeliness is of the essence. Off you go.”

At this critical moment, Director Chang asked the other nurse the same question, “Can you go?” She replied, “Sure. I can go as long as there is enough staff to cover the unit here.” Her colleagues said to her, “Just go. Don’t worry. We’ll cover for you.” They then quickly packed their belongings and set off for Taipei.

Look at how united everyone is. With the support from their family and coworkers, they devote themselves to Tzu Chi’s medical system to help the burn patients. Right now, Taipei Tzu Chi Hospital really needs additional medical personnel to care for these patients. I’m touched to hear that medical personnel step up to fulfill the needs.

I also heard that Supt. Chien made a special visit to Taipei Tzu Chi Hospital to boost the morale of doctors. To most of these doctors, Supt. Chien is considered a senior teacher. To see him made a special trip to encourage them, they all feel freshly energized and ready to face their work.

Truly, every one of them is doing their best. Doctors, nurses, and other professionals perform their duties and stand by the patients at their bedsides to safeguard their lives. However, they’ve sustained critical injuries. Now, we’re doing our best to reduce their pain and discomfort in recovery. However, our most important focus is their family. Truly, the families are feeling very helpless now. Their hearts ache, and they feel helpless. They don’t know what they can do to help.

To relieve their deep grief and heartache requires someone to be with them to give them support and care. In these few days, since the night of the accident until now, Tzu Chi volunteers have been helping.
More than 600 Tzu Chi volunteers came to help on the first day and more than 1,000 in the subsequent days. They visited various hospitals to give care to the patients and their families.

Thought it wasn’t easy to gain permission to visit the families in other hospitals, Tzu Chi volunteers use their power of love with patience and perseverance to keep trying. Practicing forbearance is what a bodhisattva supposed to do. This is why in the six paramitas, one of the virtues is forbearance. We must practice it diligently.

To Tzu Chi volunteers, you must watch Da Ai News to stay updated on what Tzu Chi is doing to help in this accident. Those who did not participate can learn what Tzu Chi is doing to help from Da Ai news so that when people ask you, you’ll know how to respond.

All in all, with the help of modern technology, when it is the right thing just do it. We need to be diligent and practice forbearance. These are virtues we need to nurture.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: