Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20150724 ~ 驚世災難務警覺 Giving with Love in Times of Disaster

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20150724 ~ 驚世災難務警覺 Giving with Love in Times of Disaster Empty
發表主題: 20150724 ~ 驚世災難務警覺 Giving with Love in Times of Disaster   20150724 ~ 驚世災難務警覺 Giving with Love in Times of Disaster Empty周五 10月 30, 2015 6:02 am

It’s been a year since a TransAsia Airways plane crashed in Penghu on July 23 last year due to a typhoon. The plane took off in Kaohsiung, and when it was about to land, it crashed into a village in Penghu. Learning of the accident, Tzu Chi volunteers in Penghu quickly mobilized to provide aid and give support in any way they could.

Tzu Chi volunteers in Koahsiung also mobilized. Some of them brought comfort to the families of those on board and helped them make arrangement for them to fly to Penghu while others went to Penghu to help at the funeral home and give emotional support to the families. They worked for over a week before everything was well taken care of.

A few days later, close to midnight of July 31, gas explosions occurred in Kaohsiung. In fact, at around 8 p.m. that day, people had reported smells of leaking gas to the authorities and the police and firefighters also quickly went to the scene and cordoned off the area.

Learning of that, Tzu Chi volunteers started preparing bottled water and bread for the police and firefighters as they knew they might work late into the night. At around 11 p.m. the police and firefighters were still working at the scene. So our volunteers brought the bottled water to them so they could drink when they got thirsty.

On their way, they ran into a former borough chief who was also delivering water to the police and firefighters to thank them for their service. So, he and our volunteers were both delivering water there. Having delivered the water our volunteers went back to the store where they had purchased the water to wait and see what else they could do to help.

Then, all of a sudden, they heard a loud blast behind them and then they were pushed into the store by a powerful force. After they were pushed into the store, they turned back and saw raging fires. Later, from the newspaper, we learned that the former borough chief was found dead.

He was there for delivering water while our volunteers left first. And in the blink of an eye, the explosions occurred. It was around the midnight of July 31.

Due to the explosions, over 40 people, including policemen and firefighters suffered from moderate to major burns. Life is truly unpredictable. During that period of time, Tzu Chi volunteers visited those affected from door to door to bring them comfort as everyone was frightened.

The roots of some houses collapsed and windows were broken. In several areas, power and water were cut off. So, Tzu Chi volunteers had been providing meals to people for around 40 days. This was a major disaster of last year.

After the dust explosion in Taipei this time, many of those injured during the gas explosion stood out to encourage the dust explosion victims.

“When I was hospitalized, many people came to see me, and I felt like my will to live became stronger and stronger. My family and friends have really given me great support. So, I want to say to those young people, ‘You can make it. You are the best. Get well soon.’’

Every day, my heart is with those injured in the dust explosion this time. When people were having fun, an explosion occurred all of a sudden, causing many young people to suffer from minor, moderate or major burns. All medical personnel in the major hospitals in Taiwan have been working day and night to care for the injured.

So, we should be very grateful to them for working so hard to care for those young burn patients so their families can put their minds at ease as they know that everyone is doing their best to help. Although we cannot bear to see the injured suffer, instead of just feeling for them, we should turn our grief into blessing and Iove for them.

There is a grape farmer in central Taiwan whose son was also injured in the dust explosion this time. So, he has to go to Taipei to take care of his son. But it was time to harvest his grapes. Learning of that, Tzu Chi volunteers decided to help him harvest the grape. They told him that, they’d not only harvest the grapes but also sell them for him. Hearing that, the father was relieved.

In early July, our volunteers went to help harvest and pack the grapes. They also purchased the grapes and sent them to hospitals caring for those injured in the dust explosion to thank the medical personnel for their hard work.

A few days ago, our volunteers went to help harvest the grapes again. I’m very grateful to the father for sending 20 boxes of his grapes to the Abode. It was really tasty. We also shared this story with our guests from abroad and gave them the grape as gifts.

They all said that Taiwan’s grapes are especially tasty. Indeed, the grapes are tasty. But, behind the grapes, there are many moving stories about anxious patents whose hearts ache for their children and injured young people who still have a long journey to recovery ahead. No matter what, everyone is doing their best.

Life is impermanent and unpredictable. When we are safe, we should be grateful. In everything we do, we must be cautious.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: