Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20171213見苦造福護地球Counting Our Blessings and Harboring a Heart of Gratitude

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20171213見苦造福護地球Counting Our Blessings and Harboring a Heart of Gratitude Empty
發表主題: 20171213見苦造福護地球Counting Our Blessings and Harboring a Heart of Gratitude   20171213見苦造福護地球Counting Our Blessings and Harboring a Heart of Gratitude Empty周四 12月 21, 2017 3:37 am

Everyone, we truly must harbor a heart of joy and gratitude at all times as we live every single day in peace and safety.

Around this time every year, my heart is filled with gratitude. I find every Year-End Blessings Ceremony I've attended this year to be all very touching because in each ceremony, I've seen how our Tzu Chi members all over the world have been working hard to benefit society and mankind.

"I'm a policeman. After joining Tzu Chi, I've extended my commitment from caring for and serving the public to caring for and helping the ill and the suffering. I'm very grateful to this lady by my side, Mrs. Liu. We paid home visits to her, and she's become stronger, leaving her sorrow behind. Such is an encouragement to us on this Tzu Chi Path. "

"I had many frustrations in life. My first son passed away due to a work accident. My second son was a businessman, but he was betrayed (and became indebted. ) I lost the ones I loved the most. Later, my husband also fell ill and passed away. Being old and having no one to rely on, I lived in pain, struggling alone. One day, Tzu Chi volunteers came to visit me. After that, they cared for and encouraged me, so I could forget my pain and sorrow. I'm really grateful to Tzu Chi volunteers for their love. "

Although her sons are no longer by her side, our volunteers often visited and cared for her. So, although she has no family to rely on, she has our volunteers who are just like her family. Isn't it truly heartwarming the way our volunteers care for her like family? So, we must inspire everyone to give with love so that we can truly bring peace to society.

Many Tzu Chi volunteers who work as policemen are also present today. If everyone in society obeys the law and harbors goodness within, certainly the police won't have to be all nerves. Yet, this is possible only if we persevere in going amongst people to serve and purify people's minds so that we can inspire goodness in everyone and thereby bring peace to families and society.

So, we truly must grateful that we have a peaceful society and a life free of worries. We need to always harbor gratitude within and give of ourselves to benefit people. When a country is in turmoil its people have no choice but to flee for survival and face an uncertain future. No matter how much property they have, they cannot take it with them. Such is life's impermanence, suffering, and emptiness. This is what is expounded in the Dharma and the lessons we can learn from the refugees.

So, we must be grateful that we can live in a peaceful society. Indeed, every one of us needs to harbor gratitude within at all times. With gratitude, we'll have a heart of abundance and want less. I'm truly grateful that our honorary board members all give selflessly and often express gratitude to one another.

I'm also grateful to our recycling volunteers. Although many of you are advanced in age, you take recycling as a way to stay healthy and dedicate your time to doing recycling to safeguard the Earth. Through recycling, you also help safeguard our future generations by creating a sustainable environment.

Indeed, it's my wish that everyone can be safe and well. So, everyone, we should work to benefit people both in Taiwan and around the world. We should work to serve humanity. Wherever there are people in need, we should go there to help and care for them. On this path of relieving people's suffering, every one of us must take every step steadfastly and leave behind footprints to be remembered.

For example, when we look back on how we've worked to benefit people in communities, we'll realize that we're living out life's value through giving.

There are truly many stories I'd like to share with you. I'm grateful to our recycling volunteers here in Tainan. Through recycling, you're giving with love to protect the Earth and safeguard people's health.

And I'm filled with joy to see that you stay sound both mentally and physically by doing recycling work. Thanks to your dedication, we can protect the Earth by reducing garbage and prevent natural resources from being depleted by reusing the recycled items or by turning them into useful things. For example, we can turn plastic into fabric.

The uniforms that you are wearing now, such as the gray polo shirts and white pants, are all mad from PET bottles. After sorting and cleaning the PET bottles, we can extract fibers and make them into clothing. I'm truly very grateful to you for safeguarding Mother Nature with love.

May you all continue to recycle every day and stay healthy and free of worries. Thank you for safeguarding our future generations by protecting and preserving natural resources. I can't express my gratitude to you enough.

"Our beloved Master, we vow to be your good disciples, cultivate blessings and wisdom in recycling work, provide education with diligence and dedication, pay love forward with the hard work of honorary board members and policemen who serve as Tzu Chi volunteers, and carry out our missions to your satisfaction. We vow to follow Master life after life. "

Very well. I'm truly grateful to all of you for giving and inspiring love in society as well as gathering every bit of love to reach out to countless people in need. This power of love also points out a path for our young volunteers. So, may our young volunteers also work with mindfulness and serve as living bodhisattvas to relieve suffering. Do you understand? (Yes. )
My you work hard at all times and cultivate both blessings and wisdom. My best wishes to you for the coming year.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: