Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20171211開闊生命蘊深智Broadening Our life and Nurturing Profound Wisdom

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20171211開闊生命蘊深智Broadening Our life and Nurturing Profound Wisdom Empty
發表主題: 20171211開闊生命蘊深智Broadening Our life and Nurturing Profound Wisdom   20171211開闊生命蘊深智Broadening Our life and Nurturing Profound Wisdom Empty周二 1月 23, 2018 6:06 am

Are you all happy? Yes. We are happy. Every year at this time, we have new volunteers joining our Tzu Chi family. It’s a joyful moment every year.

Our Year-End Blessings Ceremonies for volunteers in Taiwan started in Changhua this year. One ceremony there left me a strong impression. A skit about caring for elderly with dementia was performed on stage.

An old grandma kept wanting to eat. But, she made a mess all over the table. After this has gone on for some time her daughter-in-law became very upset, and raised her voice at her.

The grandma was scared like a child. Seeing this, I felt truly sorry for the poor old grandma. Later, Tzu Chi volunteers showed up and took her to a community class for the elderly, provided by Tzu Chi, our hospital and other organization.

In the past, when I saw the elderly, I thought aging was part of the law of nature. I didn’t feel it so strong like this time because the elderly I saw this time have dementia.

They have forgotten who they are, acting like children of three or four years old. Seeing this skit, I felt heartbroken. I asked about the age of these elderly. They are in their 70s, close to 80.

But some already have severe dementia. I was truly shocked by this. Most of these elderly are younger than me. One is about my age, maybe a little older than me.

So, seeing this group of elderly people, I was shocked to realize that I am in their age group. Some of them are younger than me; some are the same age while others are older. After that day, I realized I am quite old now.

I come to Yunlin again and I see these volunteers in their 80s who gave good sharings about their experiences on stage.

Recycling volunteer Liu Tsai-rei, “I’m happy to see Master today. I’m happy to see Tzu Chi brothers and sisters. Amituofo. This year, I am 87 years old, and I’ve been doing recycling for over 20 years and am happy doing it.

People always tell me not to do it, but I insist on doing it to the day I can’t. Master is always saving people. I watch Da Ai TV and know that Master is always saving people.

I’m not doing anything, just recycling, so Master can save people. I will do it till the day I can’t. I’d rather die while doing recycling than die from illness. It’s hard being sick, so I will keep on doing recycling.”

79-year-old recycling volunteer Jiang Ing, “I am happy to do recycling. I love Master; I love Mother Earth. We save people by keeping the Earth well.”

80-year-old recycling volunteer Shin Mao Zong, “I’m very grateful and very happy. I also love Master.”

At noon, they came to the meeting room to tell me, “Master, we made a vow to not die on a sick bed but in a recycling station.” Their words encouraged me,

Indeed, I should make a vow like them. I should keep on expounding the Dharma for people who have karmic affinities with me until my very last breath. Indeed, I look forward to keep doing this.

Everyone, although we have no control over the length of our life, we can determine the breadth and depth of our life, and see how far we can broaden our life.

It is like what our volunteers have been doing in Mexico. Our blankets from Taiwan have arrived and gone through customs successfully. Our staff, Mr. Shyong, said that after been through so many international disaster relief missions, standing in front of the container, he cried this time.

Three other volunteers with him also cried. I was at the verge of breaking into tears too when I heard this. Indeed, the blankets are the work of our volunteers, especially the recycling volunteers.

Boxes of blankets we sent to Mexico are made from plastic bottles collected by volunteers. These blankets are specially made to be thicker and then shipped out.

Everyone is thus involved in the international disaster relief work. Right now, Tzu Chi volunteers from over 10 countries are in Mexico. They started distributing aid on December 7.

They will be holding distributions in six places. One mayor is greatly moved. Everyone, our power of love is accumulated bit by bit every day. We cannot predict how long we will live, but we can broaden our life.

In Taiwan, we can see volunteers carrying out Tzu Chi’s missions around the world, which we have contributed to the effort. To deepen our life, we need to be more diligent by walking the Bodhisattva Path and learning the Buddha’s teachings piously.

This is how we increase the depth of our life. We need to transform our consciousnesses into wisdoms. We use not only knowledge but also wisdom to help others in the world.

This is what I want to share with you. As Buddhist practitioners, we must understand the Buddha’s heart. So, I hope you can emulate the Buddha’s heart and take my missions as your own.

I have aspired and made the vow to walk the Bodhisattva Path. Every one of you, who practice the Buddha’s teachings, should make such a vow like I have.

So, you and I have the same vow to inspire more people to walk the Bodhisattva Path. This is the Buddha’s heart and my missions. Please keep this in mind.

We, Jing Si disciples of Tainan, vow to Master; we will be diligent to uphold precepts, develop Samadhi, nurture wisdom, and take care of our action, speech, and thoughts.

We work together with gratitude and respect, and care for one another with the Four Bodhisattva Virtues. Practicing the six paramitas, we walk into communities and purify people’s hearts. We will be mindful, very mindful. Master, please be assured about this.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: