Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20180207強震再現齊救援Bringing Timely Aid to Quake Survivors in Eastern Taiwan

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20180207強震再現齊救援Bringing Timely Aid to Quake Survivors in Eastern Taiwan Empty
發表主題: 20180207強震再現齊救援Bringing Timely Aid to Quake Survivors in Eastern Taiwan   20180207強震再現齊救援Bringing Timely Aid to Quake Survivors in Eastern Taiwan Empty周三 2月 28, 2018 9:33 am

Our house has become tilted. That house over there has collapsed. We’re leaving right now. It’s too dangerous.

Last night, a major quake hit near the coast of Hualien, Taiwan. Many buildings in Hualien have either tilted or collapsed. Seeing the severely damaged buildings, I really have no words to describe my deep pain and grief. The earthquake reminds me of the disastrous quake that hit Taiwan in 1999.

Coincidentally, when I visited central Taiwan recently, I kept reminding everyone to remember the lesson we’ve learned from the quake in 1999 and be grateful to be living in peace and safety. The strong quake in 1999 traumatized many of us here in Taiwan, and we shouldn’t forget the damage it brought about. This is what I often mentioned when I visited Taichung and Nantou recently.

On my way back, the superintendent of our hospital in Hualien told me on the railway platform that a strong quake had hit Hualien. While walking with me, he told me that a strong quake had hit one day before I came back and that there was surgery going on when the quake struck. Everyone is still feeling quite alarmed.

According to geologists, there’ll be more earthquakes in Taiwan due to the 100-year earthquake cycle. Not long after this information was issued, several earthquakes have hit Taiwan. And this time, it was a devastating quake. This is truly very dreadful.

When in Taichung during my recent trip, I shared about how deeply pained I felt in the aftermath of the strong quake in 1999 to the point that I was speechless. I mentioned this several times in Taichung. Seeing the damage caused by the strong quake last night, I feel the same pain and grief, which is truly indescribable.

Exactly what can we do to help people in Hualien to recover? As far as we know, three buildings have been severely damaged, yet how many people’s homes have also been damaged is still unknown. To help the needy, we need everyone to give with love. And to quell disasters, we truly must live with sincere piety and vigilant care. This is what I often remind you of.

Since last night, Tzu Chi members have been giving with love in relief work. For example, we prepared ginger soup in the immediate aftermath of the quake. Because it was too cold, Dharma masters at the Abode were busy preparing ginger soup for those affected. We also wasted no time in preparing instant rice so that those affected could have hot food to eat and stay warm on such a cold night.

This morning, when I went to the kitchen and asked them about their work, they were still busy preparing hot food for the quake survivors. Apart from hot food, we’ve also sent thermal blankets, portable beds, and other supplies to those in need.

Although it was very cold, Tzu Chi members went all out to help. Everyone has been working tirelessly to bring food and aid supplies to those affected. They are also there with those affected, comforting them and caring for them. Escaping from the quake, some of the affected are not warmly dressed. This is truly heartrending to see and I’m indeed very worried about them.

They must also have been startled by the quake, and the quake has certainly caused great pain and suffering among them. We must continue caring for those affected and look at ways help them recover and rebuild their homes. Staff of our hospital in Hualien were also very busy. It is said that about 200 people were injured, and more than 100 people were sent to our hospital.

Among those who sent to our hospital, two had already passed away. Such is life’s impermanence. Disasters may strike at any time. Some of those affected are tourists who were planning with joy last night where to travel today. And some of the affected are from all walks of life and were planning their work schedules for today. Yet, the quake struck, unexpected to all. We can never predict what will happen next. Such is life’s impermanence.

Seeing the damage and suffering the quake brought, I truly feel great pain and grief that no words can describe. In all, as life is impermanent, we must live with vigilant care and seize time to live out our value in life. How can we protect the Earth and gather everyone’s love to make a difference? We need to support one another with love in serving humanity and take steadfast steps as we work to safeguard Mother Earth. This is the theme for our work this year, and we must put it into action.

And what we need to do is give with love every day. See how our elderly volunteers persevere in recycling to protect the Earth. One of our volunteers who became certified this year is already 96 years old. In fact, she has been recycling for over 20 years, and she offers to help with whatever she can, including preparing meals for everyone. She is truly good at cooking.

Everyone relies on food for survival, so it is important for us to be able to prepare or provide food for people in need. As we started to conduct relief work, our Dharma masters at the Abode also began preparing hot food in the immediate aftermath of the quake. For volunteers at the front to focus on relief work, they offered to help prepare hot drinks and food. And they’d been working from last night till this morning without any rest.

Food is very important in the aftermath of a disaster, and it is crucial to continue to send food to those affected by the quake. In all, we should give with love unceasingly. We need to do so whatever our age. When something is right, we should just do it without any hesitation.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: