Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20100818-- Working Towards a Better World with Love, Gratitude and Sincere Piety (用愛救拔‧美善共振)

向下 
發表人內容
如意
版主
版主
如意

文章總數 : 713
來自 : 嘉義
威望 : 253
注冊日期 : 2009-04-17

20100818-- Working Towards a Better World with Love, Gratitude and Sincere Piety (用愛救拔‧美善共振) Empty
發表主題: 20100818-- Working Towards a Better World with Love, Gratitude and Sincere Piety (用愛救拔‧美善共振)   20100818-- Working Towards a Better World with Love, Gratitude and Sincere Piety (用愛救拔‧美善共振) Empty周四 8月 19, 2010 6:47 am

Date: August 18th, 2010 (Wednesday)
Lecturer: Master Zheng-Yan
Subject: Working Towards a Better World with Love, Gratitude and Sincere Piety 用愛救拔美善共振

Yesterday, our Tzu Chi Hospital in Hualien celebrated its 24th anniversary.
I’m very grateful to our long-serving staff as well as to our Tzu Chi volunteers who have been giving me their support even before the hospital was built.
And after the hospital opened, our volunteers continue to serve as a bridge between our doctors and their patients.
That’s what they’ve been doing for over 20 years. For this, I’m truly very grateful.

Yesterday afternoon, the conjoined twins from Philippines who received their separation surgery at our hospital in Hualien, came to see me with their mother.
They’ve stayed at our hospital for over 4 months and they’re now returning home.
Their mother was very sad to be leaving.
See how love has brought us to them despite the fact that they’re so far away from us.
Such is the pure, enlightened love that Tzu Chi volunteers have for others as they serve as living bodhisattvas and walk on the Bodhisattva Path unwaveringly regardless of the difficulties they face.
The twins are going home tomorrow. We are very happy for them.
Yesterday, I told our volunteers in Cebu that after the twins return home, we must continue to care for them and give them whatever aid they may need such as food and other supplies.

Yesterday, I received a letter from Turkey.
I am sure all of you must still remember the major earthquake that brought severe devastation to Turkey in 1999.
At the time, TzU Chi volunteers went to Turkey to bring aid to those affected.
It’s been 11 years since the quake struck, and the people there still remember what we’ve done for them.

The letter I received yesterday was form PASIAD, a non-government organization based in Turkey.
In the aftermath of the quake, PASIAD worked together with Tzu Chi to give out supplies and help build temporary housing for the quake survivors in Turkey.
This year, representatives from PASIAD came to Taiwan and made donations to Tzu Chi to help those who were affected by Typhoon Morakot that struck Taiwan last year. The friendship between us is truly very precious.
In the letter, the PASIAD representative expressed their gratitude to Tzu Chi volunteers for the sincerity and friendship we displayed to the people of Turkey.

This is how grateful the people in Turkey are.
Seeing that, I earnestly hope that all of us here in Taiwan can also have the same love and gratitude for one another.
Only then will our society and the world be most beautiful. This is what everyone hopes to see. I am indeed very grateful.

Nevertheless, looking around the world, we see disasters occurring everywhere.
On Da Ai News, we see that Spain, Poland and Mexico have recently been affected by flood disasters due to heavy rains.
Seeing that, we are reminded of the severe flood situation in Pakistan that has affected the country for more than 20 days now, and the waters have yet to recede. Over 1,600 lives have been lost.
We can imagine how much pain such a natural disaster has brought to the people there.

A survivor, Lei Ma Tu La in Pakistan said:
“At the time, I couldn’t hold on to them.”
“As the water swept them away, I saw them come up from the water four or five times. Then, they were gone.”

A survivor, Mrs. BiBi in Pakistan said:
“I saw their heads come out of the water.”
“My husband and I screamed for help but no one came to help to us.”

Think how many lives have been washed away.
At present, over 20 million people have been left homeless and are going hungry.
With no clean water and no food to eat, the greatest threat to them now is the outbreak of diseases due to poor sanitation.

Dr. Ka En in Pakistan said:
“The three most common diseases now are diarrhea caused by unclean water and poor sanitation, respiratory infections due to being in the rain for too long, and skin diseases especially among children.”

How exactly are we to help the people there?
There are indeed many difficulties associated with bringing aid to this country. The locals are also reaching out to help

A resident Mr. A Mander in Pakistan said:
“Our country is being affected by a terrible disaster.”
“I give because I already have so much.”
“Anyone who has the ability to help should stand up to do what they can now.”

This is what some locals are calling on all to do.
Although relief efforts have begun, helping so many people in need isn’t so easy and straightforward.
With everyone stricken by hunger and afraid of not getting their share of food, many food distributions have become chaotic, making the relief effort very difficult.

The distributions organized by the government have been more orderly, but they only hand out goods to those wit ID cards.
But how many people would have grabbed their ID cards when running for their lives?
Because of this, many people who hoped to receive some food were turned away empty-handed.
Their disappointment and helplessness are indeed heartbreaking to see.
So, how are we to help them?
From many days now, we’ve been looking at the best way to provide aid, which cannot be done without compassion and wisdom.

We are also very worried about the disaster in China’s Sichuan Province.
Because of the major earthquake in 2008, the mountains there had been shaken loose.
So, the heavy rains this time have caused the already fragile mountains to collapse, leading to serious devastation in the area.

A few days ago, when were thinking about going to the disaster area to survey the situation, a local official said that due to damaged roads, even they were having problems bringing aid to the affected areas, and so were many other people.
Knowing that, many people are trying to bring aid there, I feel less worried.
Nevertheless, the devastation this time is said to be worse than that brought by the Sichuan Earthquake in 2008.

Some of those who lost their homes to the quake were again affected when the new homes that the government built for them were submerged and damaged by the floodwater.
See how heavy rains have triggered severe mudslides from the mountains that were shaken loose by the strong earthquake.
Due to this disaster, the residents there again had to relocate and there were casualties as well.
These people in the disaster areas will need help in days to come.

Seeing so many disasters occurring around the world, I am truly very concerned and worried.
I hope that every one of us can live every day with humble piety and vigilance and harbor pious sincerity within at every moment so that our love and piety can resonate to reach all Buddhas and Bodhisattvas above.

All in all, seeing all the disasters occurring around the world, we must awaken to the lessons they bring.

(Source: Da Ai TV 人間菩提)
回頂端 向下

20100818-- Working Towards a Better World with Love, Gratitude and Sincere Piety (用愛救拔‧美善共振)
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: