Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20180427精進人生不留白Cultivating Oneself Diligently to Live Life to the Fullest

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20180427精進人生不留白Cultivating Oneself Diligently to Live Life to the Fullest  Empty
發表主題: 20180427精進人生不留白Cultivating Oneself Diligently to Live Life to the Fullest    20180427精進人生不留白Cultivating Oneself Diligently to Live Life to the Fullest  Empty周四 五月 03, 2018 10:57 am

Looking back 30-some years ago, I began to visit Taichung. Thanks to Dharma Master Da Hong; I had a place to stay. Master Da Hong’s place was like my home. I’m really grateful.

Then we found a place on Minquan Road. It was a Japanese-style building, which was almost abandoned. But it allowed us to have a place for the time being. Tzu Chi’s work there grew. It’s because of volunteers that we have the place.

This building seems very old. Ms. Xue, when we first moved in, did we need to do anything about it?

It was indeed very old, and the trees were all withered. There were a lot of cockroaches, fleas, and mice. We started to clean it up, but we only had seven or eight people. Some donation members came to help. We spent a whole month on it.

At last, we had our own place. Let’s look at the building after it was cleaned up; we can see the difference.

Yes. The Tzu Chi plaque by the entrance gate was inscribed with Venerable Yin Shun’s calligraphy. Everyone was so happy to have our own office. In 1986, on March 10th, which was the 1st of the 2nd lunar month, the office was inauguration.

Recalling those days, everyone was devoted to repairing and cleaning up this rundown place. After that, we started using it as our office. For the inauguration, someone suggested to pick a good day for holding a ceremony. I said it was not necessary as long as it was cleaned up and repaired. I told them when I would be there. Once the place was ready and people came, it there were a lot of people, the atmosphere would be worm. That’s how we started using that place.

For us, every day is a good day and an auspicious time. That was our branch office in Taichung, where we met every month, and I gave the Dharma talks on the Sutra of Forty-Two Sections.

In April and May, Master expounded the Sutra of Forty-two Sections. But the area of this place was only 645 sq meters, not much place for the event. At that time, our volunteer Ms. Lin Meilan borrowed things from people, such as protection screen. Everything was borrowed. The chairs filled up the front yard. On that day, over 1,000 donating members and Tzu Chi commissioners attended the event.

Every month I gave Dharma talks on one section. I could see attendees sitting on the floor. It was Japanese-style floor. The place was full of people and cozy. This building came about because Dharma Master Da Hong’s place was not big enough. Then, as our members grew, we moved to a place across that building. On Minquan Road, our Jing Si Hall was built.

Thanks to our volunteer, Mr. Hong Zhicheng, to start looking for another land. Our honorary board members joined together to help build another Jing Si HallTzu Cheng and commissioners also got involved. Our new Jing Si Hall now has a much bigger space so we can hold the annual certification camp there for Tzu Chi volunteers from around the world.

All in all, I am grateful that our Jing Si Hall in Taichung is connected to the world. Tzu Chi’s office on Minquan Road was where we started in Taichung. It is still full of volunteers, and they interact with people in communities. We should take good care of every Tzu Chi office. This brings back memories, and they are all Tzu Chi history. Think about it, things we did during that time were valuable; time just went by.

So, life is precious. We are all human and we do grow old as days keep passing by. Still, we should live our lives happily. Although our age is increasing, we should not feel old. If we want to stay young, the only way is to grasp every moment and never stop serving. We keep our strength and energy to continue our work, no matter how old we become.
That is not our concern.

We let our age increase, but we seize time to serve and do the right things. I am doing this too. I also hope we can often come together and interact with one another, and then we will not have problems that are associated with old age. We should seize every moment and keep volunteering. I’m still around, and I hope all the volunteers will keep on.

Indeed, we should all seize every second. Days go by very quickly, so we should make the best of our time and live our life to the fullest. We should not retire from volunteer work. If we do, we will waste time. Don’t wait until others ask us to volunteer, we should take initiative to do so. This is our mission, which we have chosen. This is where we belong.

Besides that, it is also where we nourish our wisdom-life. This is the cultivation ground for our wisdom-life. So, all of us, including myself, have devoted our lives to this cultivation ground for nurturing our wisdom-life. Thus, as I’m still around, we all stay in this cultivation ground to nurture our wisdom-life. We need to keep making progress and stay in this ground life after life. Therefore, I hope everyone seizes this cultivation opportunity.

As days go by very quickly, we should live our life to the fullest. Keep it in mind to seize every moment and make it everlasting. This is what I have kept telling everyone all these years. Indeed, our life is short, so we should live our life to the fullest. W should broaden our understanding of life. Every day, we should be happy, joyful, worry-free, and do the right things.

How do we make ourselves happy? By taking the Dharma to heart and really see life’s truth. Confucius said, “If one learns life’s truth in the morning, one can die in the evening without regret.”  If we learn life’s truth during our lifetime and apply it to our life to nurture our wisdom-life, then we can be free from worries. This is how we transform our consciousness into wisdoms.

Everyone, we should really transform our consciousnesses into wisdoms and grow in our wisdom-life. This is my greatest hope. I am also working on this. I have kept telling you about this and encourage everyone to do this. While I strive hard to do this, I hope everyone can do this too.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: