Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20100820-- A Milestone for Tzu Chi's Missions in China (善之足跡在神州)

向下 
發表人內容
如意
版主
版主
如意

文章總數 : 713
來自 : 嘉義
威望 : 253
注冊日期 : 2009-04-17

20100820-- A Milestone for Tzu Chi's Missions in China (善之足跡在神州) Empty
發表主題: 20100820-- A Milestone for Tzu Chi's Missions in China (善之足跡在神州)   20100820-- A Milestone for Tzu Chi's Missions in China (善之足跡在神州) Empty周六 8月 21, 2010 7:56 am

Date: August 20th,2010 (Friday)
Lecturer: Master Zheng-Yan
Subject: A Milestone for Tzu Chi's Missions in China 善之足跡在神州

On August 20, 2002, eight years ago today, Gushi Tzu Chi Senior High School in China’s Henan Province was inaugurated.
To relocate and rebuild the school, the local government provided a piece of land and funding for the building of the school.
However, as their funds were strained, Tzu Chi helped with part of the construction fees.

The school broke ground in April 2001, and the inauguration ceremony of the school was held on August 20, 2002, which was eight years ago today.
This school has now become one of the best high schools in the province with many of its graduates being admitted to the country’s best colleges every year.

The principal at the time was Mr. Rao. He was a good principal with firm resolutions to set us a model school.
After the school was built, he made two trips to Taiwan and had the chance to see how we guided the students in our schools.
So he was determined to follow in the steps of our schools in Taiwan.
Knowing the importance of teaching by example, he decided to quit smoking and drinking and to become a vegetarian.
He also incorporated Jing Si Aphorisms in their curriculum.
See how hard Mr. Rao strived to make his school a model school that nurtures character in students.
He and his faculty have truly achieved this.

Indeed, it’s been almost 20 years since Tzu Chi began its charity mission in China.
In 1991, when devastating floods, ravaged its central and eastern regions.
Since then, we’ve helped to build schools in remote areas and in disaster-stricken regions in many parts of China.
Over these years, we’ve built a total of 54 schools there.

Take for example Baizhu Elementary, a school in a very remote part of Jiangxi Province which had been destroyed by a tornado.
When Tzu Chi volunteers learned of what had happened, we took on the project of helping to rebuild this school.
Apart from that, we’ve also been helping the students with their tuition fees and visiting them every year.
Through our visits, we discovered that some families were really having difficulty sending their kids to school.
The parents all understand how important education is and are determined to send their children to school no matter how poor they may be.
For the people there, having a primary education is already very good.
However, this father we see in the footage believes that his kids must not only have a primary education, but also go to college.
However, they cannot afford their children’s tuition fees.
Seeing that, Tzu Chi volunteers told this father that Tzu Chi would help pay for his children’s tuition fees, so he didn’t need to worry.
It was because of this that his eldest daughter could attend high school and is now in her fourth year at college.
She is also the very first person in Baizhu to attend college.

A daughter’s father, Mr. Yi Huanjin said:
“I just thought of her future. Having an education would be better for her, and for society as well.”

A college student, Yi Cinglan said:
“He (her father) always believes that only education can lift us out of poverty and help us to become better people who can benefit our country and society."

See, despite being impoverished and living in such a remote area, this father still cares very much about his children’s education.
What’s even more touching and joyful to see is how his daughter knows that she must seize this opportunity and study hard.
She is indeed very remarkable.

So, in nearly 20 years, Tzu Chi helped build 54 schools across China after some of them were damaged or destroyed by either floods, typhoons, or earthquakes while others were simply to dilapidated.
In total, we have helped built 54 schools in China. The students at these schools all study very hard.
Every year, we hear news about children from these schools being admitted to the best colleges in China.
They’ve truly done very well in their studies. This is what brings us the greatest joy.

Every day is a day in history, and today is also an important day in Tzu Chi’s history.
I am truly very grateful that Tzu Chi Foundation is today granted an official presence in China with an inauguration ceremony being held at our bookstore in Suzhou.
I am very grateful to many officials of the Chinese government for supporting and affirming Tzu Chi’s work.

From 1991 till now, its been almost 20 years since Tzu Chi first started its charity mission in China and today is the inauguration for Tzu Chi’s official presence in China.

I am very grateful to the many government officials who are present to grace the ceremony, including Mr. Chen Yunlin, chairman of the Assn, for Relations Across the Taiwan Straits, and Mr. Qi Xiaofei, deputy director of the State Bureau of Religious Affairs.
Both of them traveled all the way from Beijing to Suzhou.
I am also very grateful to various government officials in Suzhou for their presence.
Although I am not able to personally attend the ceremony, from here in Taiwan, I’d like to express my sincerest blessings and gratitude.

From today on, we bear an even greater responsibility, so we must work harder to steadfastly carry out Tzu Chi’s missions in even more places around the world wherever there are people in need.
May Tzu Chi members give of themselves to benefit people around the world with selfless Great Love.
As part of a global humanitarian organization, this is the same heart of love and compassion that every one of us should bear.

(Source: Da Ai TV 人間菩提)
回頂端 向下

20100820-- A Milestone for Tzu Chi's Missions in China (善之足跡在神州)
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: