Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20180420共行環保趨直道Recycling for a Better Life

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20180420共行環保趨直道Recycling for a Better Life  Empty
發表主題: 20180420共行環保趨直道Recycling for a Better Life    20180420共行環保趨直道Recycling for a Better Life  Empty周五 6月 01, 2018 2:01 am

More than ten year ago, when we initiated we had only two recycling stations. We could only recycle on Sunday, once a month. For each time, we had to mobilize more than 200 Tzu Chi volunteers. Why was that? Because we had to go from door to door and ask if people could give us recyclables.

Although we had only two recycling stations, we spared no effort and worked together. The executive team of our Tzu Chi branch also joined our effort. So, we worked to establish a recycling station under each volunteer team. Over the course of five years, our recycling stations increased from two to 38.

This is indeed thanks to everyone’s shared understanding and collective actions. It would never be achieved solely by our recycling team leaders.

Seven years ago, we set out to establish a recycling station under each Tzu Chi volunteer team. I’m very grateful that everyone shared the same understanding and worked together for the same goal. With everyone’s consensus and concerted effort, now 80% of the Tzu Chi volunteer teams have their own recycling stations. In other words, four out of five volunteer teams have their own recycling stations. At each recycling station, we’ve also inspired quite a few community residents to join us.

More than 20 years ago, I began to call for everyone to recycle with the slogan: “Turn garbage into gold. Turn gold into love. Turn love into a stream of purity. Let the stream of purity flow around the world.” Have we realized this vision? “Yes”

I’m truly very grateful and deeply admire you all because after I encourage you to recycle with the slogan, each one of you has started to recycle mindfully, and you’ve all done such a good job. Also, as you do our recycling work so well, international communities have also witnessed what we’ve achieved.

Earth’s natural resources are indeed limited. The best way to conserve resources is to save energy and reduce carbon emissions. In our daily living, we all need to conserve resources. For example, we mustn’t waste water.

Everyone, as long as we are mindful, we truly can work to make a difference. I’m also very grateful that as soon as I encourage you to recycle, you all work hard on it. I only mention my idea lightly, but you take it seriously and take it to heart. Also, you’ve been inviting community residents to take up recycling by sharing with them relevant environmental protection concepts and providing recycling tips so while they are doing the recycling work, they are also growing in wisdom.

And besides recycling, you also listen to my Dharma talks and live out the truths in your daily lives. When we learn the Dharma and take it to heart, we can purify our hearts and minds with the truths we’ve learned.

Before I joined Tzu Chi, I was a financial manager in an enterprise. I grew up in a well-to-do family. After I got married, I lived in an upscale neighborhood and led a life of luxury and comfort. But I feel a deep regret. I wasn’t a good daughter-in-law before. Being very haughty and proud, I didn’t live in harmony with my husband’s family.

In 2012, my mother-in-law, a certified Tzu Chi volunteer, introduced me to Tzu Chi’s recycling station at our neighborhood. After I began the recycling work, I learned to be humble. And in May 2015, I began to listen to Master’s Dharma talks. Master’s Dharma talks influenced me greatly. I came to realized that only if I reform will my problems be solved. At a Mother’s Day event held by Tzu Chi, I knelt down serving tea, to my mother-on-law, asking for her forgiveness. So, recycling helps improve my family relationship.

After I go back, I’ll encourage everyone around me to take up recycling. I’ll share with them how to sort recyclables and the importance of cleaning them before collecting them. Instead of using disposable items, we should use items that can be reused, repaired or recycled.

To protect the Earth and conserve our resources, the fundamental approach is to live a simple life. When everyone leads a simple life, we surely can conserve resources. Such is the ultimate goal for our recycling work. I’m truly grateful to you all for taking recycling to heart and practicing it in daily life.

It’s easier and faster to toss trash than to pick it up. One can throw away trash without hesitation, but it is hard for one to bend over and pick it up from the ground. We must seize time to act and recycle. I often say, “Time is running out.” Now, it’s nearly too late for us to reverse environmental deterioration which has reached an alarming level. So, we must all the more pool everyone’s effort together to inspire people to take up recycling.

I’ve been calling for everyone to start recycling in their daily lives. We must share with people what items can be recycled. And we must sort the recycled items accurately so they can turn into resources. In producing goods, we have already generated pollution. And wouldn’t it be wasteful to throw them away right after using them? We should recycle them and sort them accurately so they can be turned into something we can use in daily life.

Everyone, the uniforms that you wear, including our grey-and-white uniform, blue-and-white uniform, and men’s suits from our Da Ai Technology Company, are all made from fabric woven from fibers that were extracted from PET bottles. We also turn PET bottles into blankets that are sent to those affected by disasters around the world.

We can accurately sort the recycled items and turn them into goods that we use in daily life, which means we no longer need to extract oil from our lands and create more pollution. And all it takes is that we promote and do recycling as much as we can.

It’s very touching that in addition to recycling; you also get up early to listen to my Dharma talks. And it’s because you’re learning the Dharma that you can stay committed to what is right. May you always remain diligent in recycling and learning the Dharma to cultivate yourself. By listening to my morning Dharma talks to keep a pure heart and mind, and mindfully recycling in your daily lives, you can walk steadfastly on the broad and straight Bodhisattva Path.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: