Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20180530勤懇開道菩薩行Diligently Paving the Tzu Chi Path to Pass on the Jing Si Dharma Lineage

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20180530勤懇開道菩薩行Diligently Paving the Tzu Chi Path to Pass on the Jing Si Dharma Lineage Empty
發表主題: 20180530勤懇開道菩薩行Diligently Paving the Tzu Chi Path to Pass on the Jing Si Dharma Lineage   20180530勤懇開道菩薩行Diligently Paving the Tzu Chi Path to Pass on the Jing Si Dharma Lineage Empty周二 6月 05, 2018 10:35 am

20180530勤懇開道菩薩行Diligently Paving the Tzu Chi Path to Pass on the Jing Si Dharma Lineage

The Tzu Chi Path was first laid out by our senior volunteers and is paved by those who have joined us over the years. Our senior volunteers always take in my teachings and live them out while paving the path earnestly and diligently. And as they've learnt life's truths and are walking onto this right path in life, they all resolve to walk the path and reach the destination not matter what difficulties they may encounter.

It's just like when one resolves to reach a summit but cannot find any water halfway, he or she will manage to dig a well until the water source is found. Our senior volunteers live out this very spirit of striving to reach the summit by doing their utmost to overcome difficulties when they pave the Tzu Chi Path, because they wish to pave a smooth path for people of future generations so they'll know the direction and walk onto the right path.

So, over the past few days, I've spoken of Tzu Chi's history, including its spirit, values, and so on, and there's truly much to be grateful for over the years. As time passes by unceasingly, everyone is subject to constant changes brought about by aging. Such is a law of Nature. Everything undergoes changes. Not only does time elapse unceasingly, but our body also undergoes constant metabolism, which makes us grow old little by little.

Yet, we have volunteers who are over 100 years old and do not let age hold them back. At one Year-End Blessings Ceremony last year, while our elderly volunteer, Mr. Wang, was receiving a hong-bao from me, he told me that he was only four years old as he'd deposited two 50 years of his age (into the age bank that I set up. )

Though already 104 years old, he still travels around Taiwan to visit the donating members that he's recruited. Although he bears the marks of old age, he's still very energetic and he lives out his vow, thereby nurturing his wisdom-life. Indeed, because of doing Tzu Chi's work, his life has become so fulfilling that our Da Ai TV produced a drama based on his life story. Though already 104 years old, he's still living out Tzu Chi's spirit. What Tzu Chi members need most is to review our history and spirit.

In the past, our Tzu Chi Monthly was only in print form. Readers could receive an issue every month and learn more about Tzu Chi through the magazine. Now, the magazine is more widely available. To protect the Earth and save more paper, we now publish the magazine in both print and electronic format. So, not only Tzu Chi members but also the general public can read it and learn more about Tzu Chi and its work.

Take for example our relief work following the strong quake that struck Hualien (this year). After the quake hit around midnight, instead of going back to sleep, all Tzu Chi members, including our doctors and our Dharma masters at the Abode, immediately mobilized to help. Some Tzu Chi volunteers' homes were also damaged by the quake, yet what first crossed their minds was to put on their volunteer uniform and go out to provide aid. Others hurried to prepare breakfast so the affected could have hot food to eat.

Many of our doctors and other medical staff also rushed back to the hospital to see what they could do to help. This is how we carried out the disaster relief in the immediate aftermath.

The next morning, I went out to survey the disaster situations, and as I saw the houses along the way, the first thing I expressed was how grateful I was. Why did I feel grateful? Because many old house remained intact. For that, I was very thankful. As I was approaching the downtown area, I was murmuring to myself; "I'm truly very grateful. " Yet, when I arrived at the hard-hit area and saw the severely damaged buildings, I felt great pain in my heart.

From the day on, Tzu Chi members from around Taiwan gathered in Hualien to carry out emergency relief work for eight days. In the immediate aftermath, they went to shelters, set up our foldable beds for those affected, kept the restrooms clean, and so on. This was possible thanks to our Tzu Chi members from all over Taiwan. Our recycling volunteers also helped by clearing garbage, sorting recyclables, and encouraging people to take up recycling.

We also held a prayer concert in our Jing Si Hall in Hualien. At the concert, I told those affected: "Return to your homes with peace and ease in your harts. "The reason we could devote ourselves to the relief work like this is because we walk the Tzu Chi Path. The path was laid out and has been paved. Yet, will we have people who can continue to pave this path?

Over half a century has passed, and I'm truly concerned about whether there are people still paving the path and guiding people to walk the path together. If we do not guide people towards the path, people of future generations will not know the right direction in life. This is very worrying. And if we do not pave the path, our next generation will have no path to walk on.

So we must pass on our Jing Si Dharma lineage by learning about our history, continuing to pave the Tzu Chi Path, and guiding people to walk on this path. If we don't pave the path, our children and future generations will not have a right path and direction in life. May you all take this to heart.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: