Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20180618禮敬菩薩真實法Respecting Those Who Live Out the Dharma

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20180618禮敬菩薩真實法Respecting Those Who Live Out the Dharma Empty
發表主題: 20180618禮敬菩薩真實法Respecting Those Who Live Out the Dharma   20180618禮敬菩薩真實法Respecting Those Who Live Out the Dharma Empty周日 6月 24, 2018 1:02 am

Hearing stories of how volunteers in Africa live out the Dharma, I feel very grateful and I praise them. From the bottom of my heart, I pay my respect to them; I’m so moved by them.

Volunteers in Africa live very far away from me; their life has a lot of hardships, however, their spirit and values are very similar to mine. Look at their diligence and such dtermination.

Tzu Chi volunteerYuan Ya Chi, “ Grandma Mini Ngcobo was one of the founding members in our international volunteer team, which was created in 2012.

This team has now travelled over nearly 180,000 km, and made 120 visits to other counties. In each of the international outreach missions, Grandma Mini was a part of it.

You can see that it wasn’t so easy for her to get around, yet, she was the guardian of our team. Whenever we visited a new community, many people would pay attention to what we were doing and would look at the relief aid we had brought with us.

Grandma Mini was the protector of this team, who always took care of everyone. The other volunteer, Grandma Eunice Mchunu, lived 50 km away from our gathering place, yet she was the volunteer who had attended the most events in 2017.

She was a volunteer leader responsible for training new volunteers. She said, “Though I’m ill now, I vow to carry out Tzu Chi’s work till my final breath.”

It turned out that, when she was in a lot of pain, she dreamt that the Devil went to see her. Grandma Eunice asked the Devil, “Do you want to be a Tzu Chi volunteer?

I’m a Jing Si disciple of Master Cheng Yen. Why don’t you come with me and volunteer with Tzu Chi?” The Devil replied, “Sure, I can volunteer with Tzu Chi with you, but let me have your life first.”

Grandma Eunice was so happy. She said, “Okay! Kill me now, then, you’ll need to be a Tzu Chi volunteer.” She also added,” You must remember, as a Tzu Chi volunteer, you must foloow Tzu Chi’s ten precepts.”

“The first one is do not kill. So, you can no longer kill others, and you must eat vegetarian.” When we heard of her dream, we were surprised that when a person was very weak, her willpower might also be weak, but, even in her dream, she remained clear-minded.

There was another volunteer leader from Eswatini who passed away in April. Other local volunteer leaders still miss this volunteer, Sister Rose Magagula, dearly.

They told us that they still remember a song she sang, which was her favorite song. The lyrics of the song mean I want to be a disciple of Master Cheng Yen.

The lyrics repeated: I want to be a disciple of Master Cheng Yen. These grandmother volunteers that I know, every time I see them they would hold my hand and tell me,

“Even though I’m old, I will not quit. I’ll volunteer with Tzu Chi until my final breath, until I can no longer volunteer. Then, I’ll quickly come back.”

My heart truly goes out to these three disciples. When they come again, they will follow me closely. For the past six years, volunteers in South Africa have travelled over 100,000 kilometers.

It’s not just getting into a vehicle and go. In order to make the trips, they need to save up money to purchase gasoline. Africa is very big.

To communicate with volunteers from other countries, they need to gather in one place to hold videoconferences via the internet.

Yet, they have to save and collect money to pay for the internet service so they can receive the most updated information on Tzu Chi.

I saw how the volunteers recorded down all the donations in details, such as so-and-so donated one dollar, two dollars, or one carrot.

They recorded all these down. People even donated carrots and cabbages. These were all recorded down. All the donations are used to feed over 3,000 orphans.

There are also over 1,000 care recipients who are poor, ill, or in worse situation. Everyone, see what the volunteers in Africa are doing, how can we not be moved by them?

Also, in Lesotho, a place of hardship, we have over 3,000 local volunteers caring for over 1,000 care recipients by their own means, such as collecting donations of crops.

With such meager resources, how can they take care of so many people in need? Hearing this, my heart goes out to them. They’ve never asked Tzu Chi Taiwan for help.

They are very close to my heart and follow my spirit and teachings very closely. One volunteer even donated maize flour from her almost empty food canister to give it to a physically impaired and ill care recipient.

Tzu Chi volunteer Mamota, “I can only give a little bit of flour, and I feel sorry about that. I don’t have much of it, so it’s only a small bag.

It’s the same with laundry detergent. We will give a little bit of it to our care recipients. When we bring the detergent, we will also help them wash their clothes.”

“You don’t have much income yourself, why do you want to be a Tzu Chi volunteer?”

Tzu Chi volunteer Mamota, “Although I am poor, there are others who are poorer than me. If I help those people, God will bless me. Moreover, whether I receive anything from it, I want to help those who need help.”

The volunteers walked step by step and with each step, they sang. They were very sincere and mindful. They sang and walked at the same time.

Each of them had a little bit of food on their hands for people in need. Everyone, how can I not be moved by them? They are living bodhisattvas.

They live a hard life, but they do not complain. They take the Dharma to heart, and they are happy. See these volunteers in Tzu Chi’s blue and white uniform serving others in the faraway harsh land.

Let us contemplate. Everyone, living bodhisattvas do not necessarily live in a rich and beautiful place. What the world needs is people like them, with the bodhisattva heart, in every corner to lead people to the correct direction.

Everyone is capable of giving of themselves. When we work and act with one heart, we can bring our power of love together.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: