Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20180625人間典範道中行Being a Role Model as an Elderly Volunteer

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20180625人間典範道中行Being a Role Model as an Elderly Volunteer Empty
發表主題: 20180625人間典範道中行Being a Role Model as an Elderly Volunteer   20180625人間典範道中行Being a Role Model as an Elderly Volunteer Empty周三 6月 27, 2018 9:45 am

For our Tzu Chi camp this time, volunteers are from 27 countries and regions, speak different languages, and have different cultures, customs, and ways of life. But we are all of one heart, walking on the same path with the same direction, and we all have one common goal.

I hope everyone who attended the camp make good of their time. We truly need to make good use of our time. We should also self-reflect on the direction of our life. We should carefully evaluate the value of our life.

The age of everyone here is different. Some people have deposited 50 years of their age in my “Age Treasury”. This morning, a volunteer came to see me. He has deposited two 50 years, so he is two years old.

He took refuge and became my disciple when he was 101 years old. Now, he is 102 years old, and he has devoted himself to TIMA. Before he came to see me, he wrote me a letter.

It turned out that he was concerned about me. He said that I ate too little and slept too little. I will try to sleep well and eat well. Please don’t worry. I’m grateful that you care so much about me.

Dr. Chen Kuei Tsun, “Thank you! The first time when I heard Master say our age can be…”

Master, “saved in the Age Treasury.”

Dr. Chen Kuei Tsun, “So, starting from that day, I became much younger. And I can serve society again. To me, people in their 70s or 80s are still young, even if they are bedridden.

But when they see me, they can sit up and look happy. I’m very touched. This motivates me to serve with even more joy.”

Master, “So, you yourself are like a dose of medicine. Whoever sees you can sit up again. Good, I give you my blessings. Show more people that, at over 100 years old, one can still be young and motivate them to regain their strength. I give you my blessings.”

Dr. Chen Kuei Tsun, “I will do my best to serve.”

After this quick chat, he went to participate in a free clinic. See, don’t judge one’s age by the number. Both this mind and heart are still very young. At the abode, I also mentioned a professor who is also a physician; he is 99 years old.

When we talk, he often mentions his mentor. Even though his mentor had already passed away, he still talks about his mentor every time we speak. I find in him a real role model for students as he has such respect for his mentor and the medical profession.

He has been a physician for many decades now. He will turn 100 years old next year. In the medical profession, the direction of his path has always been very clear. He also served as the first president of the Tzu Chi Junior College of Nursing.

He has always been with Tzu Chi. Now he still comes to Hualien every Friday to see patients. He still examines x-ray images and teaches medical students. He will be 100 years old next year.

He always makes the most of his life and never wasted a second. He is a good example for us. He is still in good health now. Many people have devoted their life to Tzu Chi and supported me for half a century.

Volunteers, the power of love is boundless. Please make good use of your life and seize every moment to create blessings for the world. I am grateful to the volunteers for carrying out Tzu Chi’s missions.

I believe you can inspire more people to be Tzu Chi volunteers in our country. You can pass on the Jing Si Dharma lineage and carry out Tzu Chi missions in your country. You can also sow seeds of love in neighboring countries and train new volunteers locally. Seize this opportunity to learn.

I believe you will carry out what you have learned from this camp. When you have the Dharma in your heart, you can carry it out. So, everyone, we should seize the time to learn the Dharma. When I listen to my own past Dharma talks, I still find them useful and refreshing.

So, the Dharma is constant and timeless. It can stand the test of time and always refreshing. Don’t think that “when Master resumes giving Dharma talk, I will listen. I’ve heard the old ones already.

When I listen to Dharma talks I gave in the past, they still sound refreshing. You can benefit from them too. Do you understand? Yes. Good. If you do, you should be more mindful.

Time goes by very quickly. I gave you my blessings and hope that you can seize time to learn the Dharma, put it into practice, and benefit from it very day. I hope you can be more mindful of this. I give you my blessing, thank you.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: