Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20180628聞法學佛如是行Taking In the Dharma and Living It Out

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20180628聞法學佛如是行Taking In the Dharma and Living It Out Empty
發表主題: 20180628聞法學佛如是行Taking In the Dharma and Living It Out   20180628聞法學佛如是行Taking In the Dharma and Living It Out Empty周五 7月 06, 2018 12:37 am

"Our beloved Master, "

"Master, I'm 29 years old. I have found my ultimate goal in life and will pursue it with determination. Seeing Tzu Chi volunteers in Malaysia bring hope to to those in suffering, I've been inspired to do the same back in Mexico. I've also vowed to recurit one million people to join Tzu Chi as soon as possible after I go back to Mexico. This is my calling. I'll devote my life to benefiting people and making Tzu Chi's spirit widespread in Mexico. "

As there are many people suffering in the world due to collective negative karma, Bodhisattvas have vowed to relieve the entire humanity from suffering.

The Buddha vowed to come to this world life after life (to deliver all living beings), as is explained in the chapter "The Life Span of the Tathagata" of the Lotus Sutra. We cannot make out exactly how many times the Buddha had come to this world because he'd had countless previous lives (before he attained Buddhahood. ) From beginningless time to the present, countless eons of time have passed. Also immeasurable is the number of the Buddha's previous lives. For eons of time, the Buddha went amongst people in order to deliver them all, as is explained in the Lotus Sutra.

As we've vowed to attain Buddhahood, we must be diligent in learning the Dharma, taking it to heart, and living it out. We must practice the Dharma to benefit people rather than understand its true principles only.

Religion is about the right direction in life and the education of life's true principles. As we've learned the Buddha's teachings and hence understood the right direction in life that he pointed out to us, we must apply his teachings to do what is right.

We see one of the doctors in our Tzu Chi International Med. Assn. (TIMA). He is already 102 years old.

"As I've deposited 50 years of my age in the age bank set up by Master, I'm now only 52 years old. I've become younger and served with even more joy. Because of my rich experience in medical practice, it'd be regrettable if I just stayed home without giving of myself. I'm truly happy to give of myself (to benefit the ill. ) "

He applies his seven decades of experience in medical practice to the work of our TIMA. He's still in good health, has a sound mind, and applies his expertise to benefit the ill. He must have cherished and protected lives in his previous life so the can now enjoy a long life and good karmic affinities with many people, and he is clear about his purpose in life.

With the dedication of our Tzu Chi members, who all serve as living bodhisattvas, we've carried out our work for over half a century. Tzu Chi is now in its 53rd year. When Tzu Chi was founded, there were volunteers who shared the same aspiration as mine and gave me great support along the way. Lamentably, some of them have passed away, but some of them might have come again to this world and are serving in Tzu Chi.

There are others who are still in good health. In Taipei, we have a volunteer who is over 90 years old. She remains dedicated to our work and shares her stories with others. She gives with loving- kindness, compassion, joy, and equanimity, and she upholds her initial aspiration at all times. I'm truly very grateful to her.

As my disciple, she's been unwaveringly upholding my convictions as her own and practicing the four values of unity, harmony, mutual love, and concerted effort, which I've often mentioned to you. In unity and harmony, she and other volunteers share their stories to pass on our Dharma lineage.

She's also shared how they've joined forces to serve as living bodhisattvas with mutual love and guided others to work together in concerted efforts so as to beset carry out our missions. Such is how our volunteers hold on to the four values for our missions.

In our volunteer training camp this time, I feel how our volunteers have truly worked together in mutual love and given of themselves with loving-kindness and compassion. With loving-kindness, they've sowed blessings for the world, and with compassion, they've reached out to those in need in high mountains and faraway places no matter how rugged the roads are.

They do what I expect them to do. They've taken my teachings to heart and lived them out by going amongst people to serve. There are indeed many touching stories to share.

Many volunteers take part in our training this time, so we hold the raining in two venues. The stories our volunteers shared in Banqiao are truly very touching, and what you've shared here in Sanchong is full of valuable life's truths and is also very touching. May you all watch other volunteers' sharings online and mindfully learn from their examples. May you listen to my Dharma talks more often.

I often encourage you to serve as living bodhisattvas in our lives. We must seize our lives to do that. May you take in what I've said, seize time to share it with people you meet, and inspire them to join you. Can you understand this? (Yes. ) Very well. May you also seize time to learn the Dharma and take action to live it out.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: