Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20180705珍惜資源少汙染Cultivating Blessings and Wisdom by Upholding Our Altruistic Vows

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20180705珍惜資源少汙染Cultivating Blessings and Wisdom by Upholding Our Altruistic Vows Empty
發表主題: 20180705珍惜資源少汙染Cultivating Blessings and Wisdom by Upholding Our Altruistic Vows   20180705珍惜資源少汙染Cultivating Blessings and Wisdom by Upholding Our Altruistic Vows Empty周三 7月 11, 2018 4:45 am

20180705珍惜資源少汙染Cultivating Blessings and Wisdom by Upholding Our Altruistic Vows

Recently, on our Da Ai TV, there was an in-depth coverage of how clothing manufacture entails a great consumption of resources, such as energy and water, among others. In particular, it generates many pollutants that cause erratic weather patterns and damage the environment. And we humans are to blame. Nowadays, all living beings are creating negative karma, and the more the negative karma, the more all living beings will suffer.

Thankfully, we have living bodhisattvas who lead people in protecting the environment. Everyone, many of you have been recycling ofr more than 20 years, and some of you have even been serving for nearly 30 years.

Nearly 30 years ago, I encouraged everyone to take up recycling. This is how our recycling work began, and indeed, everyone has since been recycling unwaveringly. You're truly close to me in heart. As my disciples, you do the recycling work for me and join efforts to protect the Earth. For that, I'm very grateful.

I've heard our volunteers sharing about our Zhonggang Recycling Station. I once visited it many years ago, and I remember that I saw many collected items that were still new and useful, which truly amazed me. Yet, I also felt that if people could have cherished those things and preserved them at home, they could have been passed on generation after generation. So, that visit left a deep impression on me.

I've also visited our recycling station under the Wanhua Bridge. It also left a deep impression on me. I couldn't bear to see our volunteers working so hard in sorting collected items, yet I was also deeply touched by their dedication. Their dedicated hearts are truly treasures. I've learned that they've also cultivated together by listening to and discussing my Dharma talks in addition to doing recycling work. They've indeed lived their lives to the fullest and nurtured their wisdom-life at all times.

I've been expecting you all to do the same. I've guided you onto the Tzu Chi Path and I expect you all to lay out and pave this right path in life so that more people can walk onto this broad path and live out the Dharma to benefit the world. I earnestly hope that everyone can grow in wisdom and transform their consciousness into wisdom. Such is how we deeply enter the Dharma.

To enter the Dharma, we should not only learn the Dharma, but we should also put it into practice. See how our elderly volunteers unwaveringly uphold their vows and live out the Dharma on their path in life, so the path they walk is very broad and vast.

The Sutra of Forty-tow Sections teaches us that if we only have a broad knowledge of Buddhist teachings, we cannot truly enter the Dharma because when we only want to listen to as many Buddhist teachings as we can without ever putting them into practice, we cannot realize what the Dharma is. If we listen to many Buddhist teachings and wish to attain the truth, but we do not practice the teachings ourselves, we cannot attain the truths.

So, the Sutra teaches us that we must uphold our vows and live out the Dharma so our path in life will be broad. At our hospital in Hualien, we have a doctor who is also a PhD and a professor, and has contributed a lot to research on clinical medicine. He's been serving in Tzu Chi for 30 years. When he heard me share this true principle, he changed his direction in life and his perspective towards life, and began to hold fast to the principle. Indeed, if we uphold our vows and live out the Dharma, our path in life will be broad.

We truly must uphold our vows unwaveringly and look at ways to deliver all living beings. As my disciples, you've followed me to take action to benefit all living begins and ceaselessly sow blessings. Then, we must also cultivate wisdom.

In dedicating ourselves to Tzu Chi's missions, we're also walking onto the path of wisdom. In walking the Tzu Chi Path, we're sowing blessings for the world, and we must continue to cultivate wisdom through our Jing Si Dharma lineage. When living out the Dharma, we're showing people in the world the true meaning of living bodhisattvas.

Everyone, I'm deeply grateful that you all mindfully give of yourselves with love. In my life, you're truly the ones who have helped me carry out my convictions. So, you're all precious to me. May you all care for one another with love.

Being advanced in age, our elderly volunteers might walk or react more slowly, so I hope our younger volunteers can accompany them as much as they can. When our elderly volunteers come and leave our recycling stations, you must care for them and remind them of safety. For example, in this urban area where there's much traffic, you must remind our elderly volunteers to stay away from traffic, follow traffic signals, and so on.

We all must accompany our elderly volunteers as much as we can and remind them of safety at all times. It's my wish that you can all care for one another, stay healthy, live in peace and safety, and be clear about the right direction in life. No one can escape aging as it is a law of nature. Yet, as we age, it also means we have more time to cultivate blessings and wisdom in this world. For that, we must seize our lives, and most importantly, we must take care of our body and mind.

May everyone in our big Tzu Chi family sow more blessings for the world as you're all living bodhisattvas who relieve suffering in this world. May you all aspire to be living bodhisattvas who lvoe and support one another. Remember that by upholding our vows and living out the Dharma, our path in life will be broad and vast.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: