Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20180712親自體驗得法喜Experiencing the Joy of Giving Through Action

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20180712親自體驗得法喜Experiencing the Joy of Giving Through Action Empty
發表主題: 20180712親自體驗得法喜Experiencing the Joy of Giving Through Action   20180712親自體驗得法喜Experiencing the Joy of Giving Through Action Empty周六 7月 28, 2018 9:01 pm

We can always see our Tzu Chi members serving as living bodhisattvas. Our Tzu Chi volunteers attended the recent UNHCR-NGO consultations and they've come back to give a sharing, from which we see that there are indeed many refugees in the world. They became refugees due to poverty, climate disasters, manmade disasters, or many other kinds of disasters or suffering that they have no control over.

Given the disasters and the suffering, we need more people to give with love so that the love gathered form everyone can accumulate to help those in need.

"I've been living in a well-off environment since birth. Instead of being grateful for it, I wanted more and did what I could to get it, and I took everything I had for granted. I feel very sorry for that. "

We see one of our volunteers in Taoyuan. He came to Hualien to attend our camp for entrepreneurs this time. (Recently, )when I was in Taoyuan, he shared with me how he learned more about Tzu Chi in camp and thereby realized the dedication of Tzu Chi volunteers.

"While taking part in the camp for entrepreneurs, I saw the dedication of Tzu Chi volunteers. Before that, I could never imagine that there could be so many people selflessly giving of themselves. After the camp, it came to me that as a boss, I'd considered myself superior to everyone else.

The camp made me realize that I'm actually not that important, because all Tzu Chi members, for instance the Tzu Chi volunteers whom we see on the streets or in Tzu Chi's events, are truly much more admirable. During the camp, I was often moved to tears and after I went back, I've changed my old ways. "

Awakened, he's been taking part in our work and evens after he went back. The more he dedicates himself, the more joy he feels. He also told me that dedication to our work and caring for others through giving have truly brought him much joy. After his sharing, I asked him :"Now, you're full of joy, yet I heard you say that you were dissatisfied with and stood against Tzu Chi. Why did you feel antipathy towards Tzu Chi and refuse to join us? " I wanted to know the reason why.

By referring to "my old ways, I mean that I made money only for my own good, and I wondered why I should help others. I had to get up so early and work so late, and I had so many employees, so I must make more money for their sake. Then, all I wanted was buying a luxury car or a big mansion. Such were my old ways. I'd never changed myself so much as after I took part in the camp. "

"You're now happier than ever before. In the past, you'd been wondering why you should help others with the money that you made through hard work. So, you were not happy at the time. But now, as you ceaselessly give of yourself, you're full of joy. "
"Yes. "

"Very good. My best wishes to you. May you continue to give and be full of joy. "

Why should he donate money to help people when making money is not easy at all? He harbored the thought in the past. Without telling right from wrong, he was dissatisfied with Tzu Chi because of some people's opinions. For no other reason than this, he seldom thought of doing good.

It wasn't until years later that he had the chance of truly understanding Tzu Chi's spirit and became filled with joy through giving. He eventually witnessed the genuine sincerity of our Tzu Chi members, and is full of joy doing Tzu Chi's work. This is what he shared with me in Taoyuan a few days ago.

I also heard the sharings from our volunteers who have vowed to walk the Tzu Chi Path and have just started to learn about Tzu Chi's spirit. For that, I'm truly filled with joy. I hope that they can be diligent and dedicate themselves to serving as living bodhisattvas. May everyone do their best to learn more about Tzu Chi and the work Tzu Chi has done for over half a century.

This morning, I also heard the sharings form mor than 30 former or incumbent principals of the school we helped in the aftermath (of the major quake in 1999.) They shared about how we helped them rebuild the schools.

"It's nearly 20 years since Jhushan Elementary School was rebuilt. Everything was difficult after the quake struck. Yet, thanks to Master, the school rebuilt in the aftermath of the quake is very sturdy and artistic and displays the beauty of culture. It is really very nice and wonderful.

Yesterday, regardless of the rain, I went to the school and had a look at it. Nearly 20 years have passed, and I'm already advanced in age, yet the school is as new and beautiful as it was nearly 20 years ago. "

At the time, we built a total of 50 high schools and elementary schools in Taichung and Nantou. Tzu Chi alone couldn't afford all the costs, so we encouraged people to give what they could and pooled together everyone's love. This is how Tzu Chi develops by inspiring people's sincere heart of giving and remembering that there's much hard work to do, but we must do it all same because there are so many people suffering in the world and awaiting our help.

I've also heard our honorary board members, including Dr. Ji. They've not only walked on the Tzu Chi Path, but they're also working to inspire more people to serve as living bodhisattvas and walk the path. Thanks to them, some have vowed to walk the Tzu Chi Path and have begun to learn more about Tzu Chi's spirit. As I've just mentioned, I hope that everyone can cultivate diligently at all times.

And I hope that those who haven't joined us can know Tzu chi more through participation and listening to our volunteers' stories, which will leave one with much joy. I hope that everyone can have the chance to join Tzu Chi so we can work together for the good of society, guide people's hearts and minds, and have a right and meaningful direction in life.

Time is always passing by quickly and never awaits anyone. Our lives are limited, so we must seize time and opportunities to work hard.

I also hope that everyone can see the importance of environmental protection and take up recycling. May everyone work together to recycle every recyclable item rather than throw them away. We shouldn't waste even a penny because by pooling together every bit of money, wecan do many good deeds.

In all, by making vows, we'll have the strength to bring peace and happiness to society and families. And everyone can enjoy a healthy body and mind. I sincerely wish you all good health and well-being. May your families and our society be in harmony and at peace. Let us work together with one heart. Can you do that? (Yes. ) Thank you and my best wishes to you.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: