Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20180718戒慎虔誠除災厄Learning from Disasters and Reaching Out to People in Need

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20180718戒慎虔誠除災厄Learning from Disasters and Reaching Out to People in Need Empty
發表主題: 20180718戒慎虔誠除災厄Learning from Disasters and Reaching Out to People in Need   20180718戒慎虔誠除災厄Learning from Disasters and Reaching Out to People in Need Empty周二 7月 31, 2018 1:20 am

Typhoons and torrential rains have brought about devastation and suffering in different parts of the world during the past few days. Mudslides have destroyed many houses, causing injuries and claiming lives.

Our Tzu Chi volunteers have gone to the aid of those affected. For example, this time our volunteers in Tokyo, Osaka, and Okayama traveled to the affected areas so as to gather everyone’s effort to help those affected. In total, there are only about 20 volunteers who could go to the affected areas to provide aid.

Even so, they’ve shouldered the responsibility of doing relief work in the aftermath of the calamity, bringing aid such as food to those affected.

Over the past few days, I’ve been thinking of those living bodhisattvas of ours. I’m indeed very grateful because although there are not many of them, they’ve shouldered the heavy relief work there.

They’re truly very remarkable and they all uphold altruistic love. Indeed, by giving rise to altruistic love, we can all do more than we can to help the needy.

I didn’t know if having some vegetables or hot soup was possible. Originally, only instant noodles or something like that were available, so I really wanted to have miso soup. Now, you’ve prepared hot food for us, so I’m really happy.

It’s my first time helping with volunteer work. Working with other Tzu Chi volunteers, I realized that volunteering is not easy. Seeing them working so hard regardless of any difficulties, I’m very grateful and touched.

In the last few days, through the information from our volunteers, I’ve learned that both those affected and the government authorities there express their wish for more aid if possible. In Japan, foreign aid is usually not required in the aftermath of disasters.

But as we began providing hot food for those affected, they would soon feel at ease physically and take in sufficient nutrients. We’ve also comforted them to bring smiles back to their faces. I’m truly moved because our volunteers have made a difference despite sparse manpower.

In all, even if a country is well-off, when struck by disaster, it also needs help from people with a loving and sincere heart.

We also see China, whose weather patterns have been erratic recently. Although the rains that struck Sichuan were not brought by a typhoon, the y were abnormally heavy and the floodwaters were even higher than one’s head. And after the floodwaters receded, much sludge was to be cleaned.

In Jintang of Sichuan, our volunteers have been recycling PET bottles and they offer the yarns made from PET bottles to a textile factory to produce thermal blankets. So, many of our thermal blankets are made in Jintang. At the thought of the flood being so severe this time, I asked if the thermal blankets were flooded and was told that the blankets were fine.

When our volunteer training was held there, our volunteers encouraged the trainee volunteers to go to the community to help with the cleanup and to learn from the work they did. So, some of them went to help. After the y returned, they shared with others how they were filled with joy helping those affected.

The local government also thought highly of our Tzu Chi members. Seeing how we mobilized to help with the cleanup and bring care to those affected, the government authorities considered us truly exceptional, so they asked if we could provide more manpower the next day. So, more trainee volunteers of ours went to help.

At the first sight, I kind of didn’t want to go in because the sludge was really thick and smelly. I even got dizzy. Yet, working with my Tzu Chi family members truly filled me with joy and I’m also very happy that I could work with them and make the place so clean.

I’m grateful to everyone around me. Today we have no other goal than to clean up the streets so as to minimize losses brought about by the flooding.

Local authorities witnessed what great help our Tzu Chi members can offer and how they can soothe people’s hearts and minds, free them from fear, and inspire people to give in difficult situations. The local authorities were, again, moved by Tzu Chi members.

In all, in the three days’ cleanup work, more and more trainee volunteers went to help. And through the work, they’ve come to understand the Dharma deeper and truly know that “life is impermanent” and “the land is fragile”, as is expounded in the Buddhist teachings. They might all have heard about this principle before, but this time, they truly understood it as they saw how vulnerable the beautiful land turned when heavy rains came resulting in mudslides and floods. The floods brought disasters and affected both the rich and the poor.

Everyone experienced the impermanence of life. As life is impermanent and weather patterns have become abnormal, heavy rains now frequently happen, bringing damage to the land and suffering to people. So what can we do? I earnestly hope that we can practice the Dharma all around the world.

There are now many natural and manmade disasters. We must be grateful for being safe and well. Yet, we can never know whether or not we’ll remain safe and well all the time. So, may we all live with vigilant and sincere piety and constantly practice repentance.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: