Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20180930深心信解轉法輪 Discovering the Essence of the Dharma to Deliver People from Suffering

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20180930深心信解轉法輪 Discovering the Essence of the Dharma to Deliver People from Suffering  Empty
發表主題: 20180930深心信解轉法輪 Discovering the Essence of the Dharma to Deliver People from Suffering    20180930深心信解轉法輪 Discovering the Essence of the Dharma to Deliver People from Suffering  Empty周五 10月 05, 2018 6:11 am

20180930深心信解轉法輪 Discovering the Essence of the Dharma to Deliver People from Suffering

At 90, each day I volunteer is an extra day gifted to me. Master says we can turn garbage into gold, but I didn’t understand why. I just simply did it. Later, I realized we could sort out the recyclables and reuse them. They can become “gold.” Master says we’re running out of time. So am I, because I ‘m so old. If I don’t volunteer quickly, I’ll be wasting time. I have a back problem, so I wear a waist support. I enjoy volunteering.

When learning the Dharma and listening to it mindfully, we develop faith and have an understanding of it. In addition, we must future develop deep faith and have a clear understanding of the Dharma. Just believing and understanding in the Dharma is not enough, we must go deeper to develop deep faith and a clear understanding of the Dharma.

If we are truly mindful, we’ll know that there is a slight difference between “having faith and understanding in the Dharma” and “having deep faith and a clear understanding of the Dharma”. Having faith and understanding in the Dharma means that when people tell us about the Dharma, we know, understand, and believe their words, and take them in.

However, to truly understand the Dharma, we must contemplate about it, and know that the Dharma is very deep. Hearing just a few words, we believe and say we understand it; but, is that simple? There lie deep meanings in the Dharma, because of this, we must go deeper and deeper to discover its essence, which is the marrow of the Dharma.

The essence of the Dharma is like blood to our life. Blood keeps us alive. Bone marrow produces new blood cells. If it no longer functions normally, people may develop diseases like leukemia. Finding a match in several hundred thousand donors to carry out hematopoietic stem cell transplantation is not easy.

The cells from one person are transplanted to another person. Will it be a successful transplant? It depends on the Karmic affinity of the patient. For some, the treatment is successful.

This is similar to accepting the Dharma. Typically, as mundane beings, we have many delusions. Like all the Buddhas, we have an intrinsic nature that is as pure as the Buddhas. Our intrinsic nature is wholesome and untainted. Yet, we are mundane beings, we are tangled up with a lot of ignorance, which have been accumulated for a long time.

Ignorance is like bacteria cause infections and diseases. Over 2,500 years ago, the Buddha taught us to use the Dharma in the era of turbidity, and we are to have faith and understanding in the Dharma; have deep faith and a clear understanding within. Everyone ought to take in the Dharma. We are to take a principle that we’ve learned to heart and use it in our interactions with others.

As we heard something useful, we should hold on to it. This teaching is valuable and it can help you, let me share it with you…. Like the volunteers who recently went to Mexico. There are free clinics held by TIMA members, followed by distributions. I was moved while hearing their reports on the trip which was more than ten days.

At the same time, it was heartbreaking to hear the poverty, illness, and suffering of the people in Mexico. I told the volunteers, helping the people there through free clinics, you gave them heartwarming care and warm embraces; this is the greatest and grandest gift of all. Now they know there are many, many people in their life who love them, and they are not alone.

In their mind and deep within their heart, they know there is a group of kindhearted people who are helping them. This heals their hearts.

For the TIMA members who went to Mexico for the free clinic, I believe that, although their work is hard and tiring, they are happy to serve the people there. Tzu Chi provided disaster relief for people in Mexico. Now, volunteers have the opportunity to serve them again, despite having to travel long distances.

Though they were not able to treat some of the patients, perhaps when they go next time, our services for the people there can be more comprehensive. How much we can help depends on our karmic affinities there. Once we create a path, we need to pave it smooth, so that the path will become smoother and smoother for living bodhisattvas to walk on.

I saw the joy of the volunteers who partook in the free clinic in Mexico. After hearing their sharing, and seeing how joyful they were after doing a good deed, we felt happy for them too. This is rejoicing at the good deeds others have done. Seeing their good deeds, and knowing what they’ve done, we praise them. Beside praising them, we should help and sign up to serve in the next free clinic.

We are happy to see others achieve good deeds, and gained insights. So, we volunteer ourselves to serve as well. After we serve others, we also gain insights ourselves. Since we have insights from serving people, we definitely are able to share our experience with others.

This is spreading and passing on the Dharma. We can share with others the suffering we saw and encountered to let people know they should cherish what they have. Thus, when living beings receive the help they need and we participate in helping them, we will gain joy too. This is the concept of rejoicing at good deeds others have done, and we gain merits from doing this.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: