Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20180926啟愛弭災育正念Giving with Love to Bring Peace to the World

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20180926啟愛弭災育正念Giving with Love to Bring Peace to the World Empty
發表主題: 20180926啟愛弭災育正念Giving with Love to Bring Peace to the World   20180926啟愛弭災育正念Giving with Love to Bring Peace to the World Empty周三 10月 24, 2018 7:19 am

There has always been suffering in the world brought about by manmade disasters or natural disasters caused by erratic weather pattern. People’s unwholesome thoughts and greed often lead to manmade disasters, making it difficult for there to be peace in the world. In addition, constant damage to the Earth and the ongoing changes in climate have been bringing about many natural disasters all across the world.

We see that in Zimbabwe, a major cholera outbreak and poor hygiene are truly very worrying. As cholera spreads through water, the local government is looking at ways to stop the epidemic from spreading and has requested Tzu Chi to assist in guiding the locals, through the radio, to frequently wash their hands with clean water.

Yet, as most locals live in suffering, it has always been hard for us to provide aid for all. Now, we also have difficulty bringing aid to the cholera-stricken areas because entry into those areas is prohibited. Our volunteers have made trips to the areas not affected by cholera to provide water purification liquids so that people there won’t have to drink contaminated water anymore. They have also guided locals to pay heed to hygiene.

In all, eth world is filled with suffering. At the present moment in this vast world, there are many different kinds of suffering in many countries. There are truly many countries in need of help. Some would say: “Tzu Chi is always bringing aid to foreign countries. What about Taiwan?”

In truth, we also carry out relief work here in Taiwan. When severe floods struck Jiayi and Tainan recently, our volunteers there mobilized at once and made their way through floodwaters to send out hot food to those affected. And how did they make it? Because their homes were also soaked in water, they prepared hot food with their food materials at home. Yet, there were people in need everywhere.

How could they come by more food materials? They managed to do so and set out again to send hot food. This is truly very touching. They mobilized and went through every street and lane to send hot boxed meals to those who could not come by or prepare food. After the floodwaters subsided, they also helped clean up the homes of those affected.

Also, our hospital in Dalin offered free clinics this time. I’m truly very grateful. Doctors in our medical system went in different groups to provide free clinics in each village affected. I’m indeed very grateful that many doctors went to help this time. Many TIMA doctors from Kaohsiung, Tainan, and other areas of southern Taiwan took part. Of course, doctors from our hospital in Dalin also shouldered the responsibility.

Our hospital superintendent is very considerate. He helped pomelo farmers reduce losses caused by the floods this time. The pomelos were bought and given out as gifts at our annual TIMA convention this year.

These pomelos were grown by some of our aid recipients and patients. Because of the floods, many pomelos were harmed and became undesirable in the market. To help these aid recipients and patients of ours get through the difficulty.

Staff members at each department took part in drawing on the pomelos. As some of their children are good at drawing, they even took some pomelos home and did the drawing with their children.

Our doctors, nurses, and other staff members of our hospital in Dalin seized the chance and pooled their efforts and love together to help the pomelo farmers get through the difficulty. Staff members of the Chinese medicine department also made herbal ointment so it could be given as a gift too. They’re all indeed very sincere and mindful. I’m truly very grateful to them.

Two famous bakeries in Kaohsiung also offered pastries. One of the bakeries made pineapple cakes this time so I could share them with our TIMA doctors. So, I said, “I’m truly blessed. My disciples have done everything for me.” Such is the way of Tzu Chi members. Tzu Chi is one big family and every family member always gives and serves unconditionally.

The volunteer doctors who attended our TIMA convention this year are all very dedicated. Doctors from 21 countries and regions attended. Some of them took part for the first time and some have never missed this annual event. Such is how love is passed on.

I’m sure that through what the doctors shared, all the attendees can have a deeper knowledge of the value of their own medical work, understand the suffering in life and in sickness, and devote their lives to caring others’ lives. Also, Teacher’s Day in Taiwan is approaching. It is my wish that our mission of education can work to inspire love in our students, which is most important.

To educate is to enlighten. Not only should we instill small children with wholesome thoughts, but we should also inspire and guide young people so they won’t be entangled in deluded thoughts. With so much incorrect information on the Internet, many give rise to deluded thoughts, become entangled in them, and even do wrongs, causing many troubles in the world.

In all, advanced technology should be used to guide people to have correct views and knowledge. We should spread life’s truths through education. May our teachers live out their value as educators and guide students onto the right path in life. This is my greatest expectation. I’d like to give our teachers my best wishes and I’m grateful to all of them for dedicating themselves with love. Thank you all.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: