Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20181102濁世洪流荷使命Purifying the World by Purifying Our Minds

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20181102濁世洪流荷使命Purifying the World by Purifying Our Minds  Empty
發表主題: 20181102濁世洪流荷使命Purifying the World by Purifying Our Minds    20181102濁世洪流荷使命Purifying the World by Purifying Our Minds  Empty周一 11月 12, 2018 5:23 am

At the age of 29, Grandmaster decided to become a monastic practitioner so as to learn and practice the Dharma. Later, Grandmaster founded Tzu Chi despite scarce reassurances. Today, Tzu Chi’s Four Missions are being carried out around the world. All this has touched me very deeply.

Over the years, Grandmaster remains unwavering towards the goal of benefiting humanity. I feel deeply inspired and I truly must make good use of time to do charity work.

It is wonderful to see our young Tzu Chi volunteers. Each and every one of them is like a seed of goodness. They’re all like Bodhi seeds. The word “Bodhi” means enlightenment or awakening. In this world, where many are lost in deluded thoughts, rarely do people awaken to life’s truths.

Everyone, as young Tzu Chi volunteers, you have all awakened to life’s truths and therefore are different from other young people in society. Everyone makes different plans for the summer vacation. For example, some choose to go abroad.

In all, everyone’s plans are different and diverse. Yet, you as our young volunteers share the same direction in life, which is to give with enlightened love. We humans are sentient beings. All sentient beings have life and feelings. When going amongst people to serve, we can feel others’ suffering and pain. If we awaken to life’s truths, we’ll be enlightened sentient beings.

Instead of joining the many activities meant for young people, you came to attend our camp and give willingly as living bodhisattvas do. Although it’s hard work, I often encourage you to give with a joyful heart. Rather than living a life of delusions, we should work to give with enlightened love and serve as living bodhisattvas.

I often say that time is running out. Indeed, time is running out. We truly must understand that the Buddha came to this world to purify people’s hearts and minds. Only when people’s minds are purified can there be peace and harmony in the world.

More than 2,000 years ago, the Buddha foretold that the world in our time would be filled with disasters. The Buddha stated that our world would be one filled with impurities and calamities .The impurities include impure air.

Our world is filled with impure air and other impurities. Isn’t this a reality we are seeing nowadays? If it were not the case, we wouldn’t keep emphasizing the need to purify people’s hearts and minds. Nor would young people nowadays be aware of the importance of saving energy and reducing carbon emissions.

Everyone is well aware that air pollution is a serious issue. This is one of the impurities in the world. Our world is filled with impurities. Where do the impurities come from? From the excessive world population. How many more people can our Earth provide for? Humans have overloaded the Earth’s capacity.

Because of the large human population, even the breath people exhale can pollute the air. People breathe out impure air and have to breathe in fresh air. However, the air has become more and more impure. With the increasing population, more and more impure air is breathe out an air pollution has gone from bad to worse. So, our world is filled with impurities now.

Also, many people’s way of life has been harming the environment and polluting the air. All this can be attributed to humans. Our young Tzu Chi volunteers, I just cited a few examples. May you work to find out why I often speak of the excessive population and the impurities in the world.

As they have been harming the environment and posing threats to humans, I always feel very concerned and worried. Time waits for no one and passes by very quickly. Life is limited and not much time is left for me. Yet, there is a large human population and many haven’t found the right direction in life. What can we do?

More than 50 years ago, I determined my direction in life with a deep conviction to work for Buddhism and all living beings. My Dharma Master, encouraged me to do so. Back then, I wondered what the world would be like in the future. How many people in the world had understood something about Buddhism?

Would the world in the future be filled with suffering and challenges? Would there be peace and safety all around the world? Could the world be truly at peace and in harmony? Would there be any manmade or natural disasters?

I always have great expectations of you as our young Tzu Chi volunteers.  As you’re the pillar of society in the future, may you pass on Tzu Chi’s spirit. You still have much time in life to make a difference in society and the Earth. And most importantly, may you guard the seed of goodness in your heart. One seed can give rise to innumerable seeds.  So, may each and every one of you vow to sow innumerable seeds of goodness in people ,the world.

It’s my wish that with your dedication, innumerable seeds of goodness can be sowed and grows into a forest of Bodhi trees. We need to protect and care for the Earth by planting forests. We also need to plant a forest of Bodhi trees by inspiring people in the world to give with enlightened love.

Everyone can become a Bodhi seed. And each Bodhi tree shares the same root. That’s right. May all of from a forest of Bodhi trees that share the same root. May each and every one of you vow to become a seed. Can you do that? (Yes.) Very well.

I have great expectations of you all. As Tzu Chi members, we share the same aspiration to benefit the world through giving. As it is rare to be born as humans, it will be a waste of life if we are not clear about our purpose. When we are very clear about our goal to benefit the world, we will be truly living out our value in life.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: