Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20181024 樹立祥和妙境界Seizing Our Lives to Do Good

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20181024 樹立祥和妙境界Seizing Our Lives to Do Good Empty
發表主題: 20181024 樹立祥和妙境界Seizing Our Lives to Do Good   20181024 樹立祥和妙境界Seizing Our Lives to Do Good Empty周三 11月 28, 2018 12:21 am

We see that volunteers from 11 countries and regions came to attend our camp for entrepreneurs. They may not know each other personally, but they gathered together and attended the camp with joy. I’m grateful to our volunteers from southern Taiwan for helping organize the camp this time. All the volunteers showed mutual gratitude and joyfully familiarized themselves with one another.

Hearing what they shared, I felt deeply touched. The last volunteer to share a story was an entrepreneur from Vietnam. She is only 38 years old. At the age of three, she was infected with polio. As she grew up, she gradually found it harder and harder to come to terms with her situation. She even thought of ending her own life.

Later, with good karmic affinities, she had a chance to learn the Dharma and hence turned her life around. After she shared her story, she said that because she met Tzu Chi, she’s changed her life around. Every day she lives out her value in life and she is full of joy. She said she’s work harder in Vietnam. May she continue to serve and work hard.

Many people in Vietnam also live in suffering. Even if she’s physically-challenged, she harbors wholesome thoughts at all times and help people in their times of need. Every day she provides meals for more than 350 people in need. Thinking of that, I’m truly happy for her. Such is how we should rejoice in and support others in their goodness.

She offers meals to those needy every day. So, we need to rejoice in her good deeds. Joining Tzu Chi has turned her life around and she’s much happier than she used to be. I’m very touched.

To care for the Earth can be very easy. Simply just follow the “One-Three-Five Rule.” “One” is saving water by turning down the faucet until the water is as thin as “one “ chopstick. “Three” is eating “three” vegetarian meals a day. “Five” is always carrying the “five” reusable items when going out. We need to conserve water and practice vegetarianism.

How should we conserve water? Turn down the faucet. To conserve water, we must turn down the faucet until the water is as thin as one chopstick. Such an amount of water is enough for our use.

We see a very endearing boy. He is rather chubby and has a loud voice. He also shares about an installation art that consists of 1,000 plastic bottles in total.

The installation art comprises five cubes that consist of 1,000 plastic bottles in total. If we imagine that all the water on Earth fits into these 1,000 bottles, then the water in 975 of them will be salty seawater and fresh water only takes up 25 bottles. Of the 25 bottles, the ice in the North and South Poles takes up 17 bottles. Of the remaining eight bottles, the water in seven of them is equivalent to the underground water that is barely accessible for humans.

So, finally, only one bottle remains. Yet, two-thirds of the water in it is used by animals and plants. So, should we cherish water resources? We must also practice vegetarianism as it can save a large amount of water.

He made an analysis through the 1,000 plastic bottles and explained that the fresh water people can use only takes up a very small percentage of all the water on Earth. He’d like remind everyone to conserve water. Also, he promotes conserving water in his own way. Our volunteer Mr. Chen Zhe-lin crated gestures for people to easily memorize how to protect the Earth. And this boy internalized the ideas and promotes them in his own way.

Drinking bottled water means lots of garbage will be produced. So, we should carry drinking water with us rather than buy bottled water.

In truth, when I created this installation art, not only did I wish to promote conserving water, but I also would like to promote vegetarianism and the use of reusable items. The boy can explain these ideas very clearly. He truly has my admiration.

I’ll make some modifications to the tips he taught me and explain the ideas in my own words so I can promote environmental protection too.

Indeed, we should never underestimate how much one can achieve in life. Everyone came to this world for some karmic affinities. The boy has experienced many challenges in life as he suffered illness and had to receive treatment and surgery. Since a very young age, he has indeed experienced many frustrations and difficulties. Also, he does not have good eyesight now.

Yet, he is very independent and can even promote environmental protection. He not only feels happy when others promote environmental protection, but he also unceasingly promotes environmental protection himself, hoping that everyone can understand how to care for the Earth. What he does is truly meritorious. He gives with love and tries his beat to benefit the world. I’m very touched.

You have a good understanding of environmental protection.

Not bad, perhaps.

This is a gift of blessings for you.

Thank you.

He’s truly expert on environmental protection and even promotes it on streets. Perhaps we cannot draw people’s attention when we promote environmental protection on streets. His sharing are certainly very effective. In all, everyone is useful and we should never underestimate anyone’s ability. As long as we’re willing to benefit humanity through giving, we need to seize time and chances to give.

Otherwise, it’ll be too late. See how the Earth has been damaged by human beings. People in the world are subject to disasters, which have been frequently occurring. The imbalance in Nature’s elements has brought about erratic weather patterns. There are also many manmade disasters. All life is impermanent, disasters may strike at any time and cause unbearable suffering.

So, everyone, we must remain prudent and vigilant in times of peace and safety. We must live with vigilant care and sincere piety at all times. Also, we must always harbor sincere piety and pray for peace and safety in the world. I’m grateful that at a time like this, our Tzu Chi members have been walking and paving the Bodhisattva Path. The Bodhisattva Path should be paved for countless ages to come.

We do Tzu Chi’s work for our next generation and we need to inspire and guide them to serve for the good of their children as well. Only then can we make the air cleaner, protect the environment, and create a pure, harmonious, and wonderful world. This is not impossible, as long as we work hard at all times. May all of you seize every moment to attentively and mindfully listen to my Dharma talks and our volunteers’ stories.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: