Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20190530聞聲救苦信願行Faith, Vow, and Action

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20190530聞聲救苦信願行Faith, Vow, and Action Empty
發表主題: 20190530聞聲救苦信願行Faith, Vow, and Action   20190530聞聲救苦信願行Faith, Vow, and Action Empty周六 6月 08, 2019 10:31 pm

A few days ago, a training camp was held by our volunteers from central Taiwan. Many who took part are entrepreneurs who enjoy a life of abundance. For three days, they attended the camp at the Jing Si Hall here. After they arrived, they participated in many training sessions. When listening to other volunteers sharing about how, after learning more about Tzu Chi, they'd changed their perspective towards life and carried out Tzu Chi's work ever since, they all felt deeply moved.

Hearing what they shared, I truly felt very touched as well. Also, they regretted not having worked to understand Tzu Chi in the past. Some of them said that previously, they only knew that Tzu Chi has a lot of members, but didn't understand Tzu Chi's spirit and values. At the training camp this time, as they learned much about Tzu Chi's spirit and values, they all felt deeply touched. They wish that they could have joined Tzu Chi much earlier.

When I gave a talk to them, I expressed my disappointment. We've been carrying out Tzu Chi's work for more than half a century, and whenever a disaster strikes, we always reach out to help. Yet, why do some people not understand Tzu Chi? They only know that there are many Tzu Chi members, but they do not understand our spirit and values. If there weren't out our work worldwide?

Our Tzu Chi members have set foot on almost half of the globe. They go abroad not for sightseeing but for relief work. If there weren't many Tzu Chi members, how could we have brought aid to so many people in suffering and reached out whenever there were people in need? Tzu Chi has a very humble beginning, for it began with a few volunteers saving 50 NT cents in coin banks every day to help the needy. We've been walking the Tzu Chi Path for more than half a century.

We can carry out our work for such a long time and have thereby benefited so many people. For that, we truly must harbor gratitude towards our volunteers who serve as living bodhisattvas. We could benefit so many people in the world because of the many Tzu Chi volunteers around the globe. We mustn't forget how many volunteers came forth to help in the aftermath of a major quake that hit central Taiwan in 1999.

It was 20 years ago. Actually, since more than 50 years ago, which was around 30 years before the quake, our volunteers have already harbored deep faith, made great vows, and taken action to carry out our missions. (This is the way of our volunteers.) So, in the aftermath of the major quake, our volunteers from southern and northern Taiwan could provide timely aid in central Taiwan. There were many of them and they truly formed a great strength by working together.

Whenever a disaster strikes, they always give of themselves to help, and in daily life, they care for the needy in communities. Everyone, as Tzu Chi volunteers, you truly play an important role in Tzu Chi's missions. I'm very grateful to you all.

In the aftermath of the major quake, our volunteers all shared the same heart. They put aside their work at hand and sacrificed their family time, taking turns to help with our relief work in central Taiwan. Both our Tzu Chi commissioners and Tzu Cheng members did so. From building roofs to paving bricks, they took prat in the entire school reconstruction work. Just within two years or so, they built 40 schools in central Taiwan.

Here in Tzu Chi, there are so many volunteers who share the same heart and dedicate themselves wholeheartedly to helping disaster survivors. This is truly not an easy feat. Our volunteers carry out Tzu Chi's work to bring peace to the hearts of disaster survivors and to help them get back on their feet.

Apart from providing emergency aid, they also built houses for the quake survivors and designed beautiful landscaping around the houses so each family could live there comfortably. Outside the houses, children could play and adults could enjoy the cool air or talk with other residents. Those who didn't know each other before could give mutual support and encouragement every day. So, they could go to work and prepare to rebuild their homes without worries. Nearly three years later, they moved out (as they'd recovered financially.)

"Our houses were leveled and we lost everything. Tzu Chi is really caring and gave us a safe and cozy home."

"Although the houses were small, they were fully equipped. We lived there very comfortably."

"Living in the houses Tzu Chi built for us, we were the most fortunate among all the quake survivors."

"I couldn't salvage anything from my house. This address plate is my one and only memento. I will always always remember that if we hadn't received help from Tzu Chi, we, as a family of four, wouldn't have had a place to live."

"Everyone got along well with one another. With mutual support and care, we were truly a big family."

They always remember how we went to their aid and how the houses helped them get back on their feet so they could prepare without worries to rebuild their homes. I learned that our volunteers had held reunions for them. Although they've moved out of the houses, they showed their mementos and shared their memories at the reunions.

In (southeastern) Africa, we've also learned of many poor people due to Cyclone Idai. We must find ways to lift them out of poverty. As long as we can all give with love and donate what we can, it is possible to make a difference. I'm grateful to you all. Thanks to your dedication, we can carry out Tzu Chi's work since its founding.

And to carry on our work, we need to make long-term plans. Wherever there are people in suffering, we must go to their aid. May all of us make vows and uphold our vows forever and ever.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: