Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20190613用愛培育啟悲心Inspiring Giving in Children

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20190613用愛培育啟悲心Inspiring Giving in Children Empty
發表主題: 20190613用愛培育啟悲心Inspiring Giving in Children   20190613用愛培育啟悲心Inspiring Giving in Children Empty周六 6月 22, 2019 12:12 am

We mustn't forget to harbor thoughts of goodness. Thoughts of goodness are very precious and we must seize time to inspire goodness in others. Two days ago, students from the elementary division of our senior high school in Hualien came to visit me with the company of our teachers. With great propriety, they told me that they'd graduated from the elementary division. They also expressed their gratitude.

They are grateful that thanks to Tzu Chi, they could study in such a good environment. They are also grateful to our teachers for guiding them to understand proper manners in life and inspiring love in them by encouraging them to save money in coin banks to help the needy. Wherever there is a disaster, students of the entire school always pool their coin banks together to send love and cash aid to those affected.

As every bit of money can accumulate considerably to help the disaster survivors, all of the students give with love and donate what they've saved. Also, as our teachers had arranged for them to take part in international exchange activities, they showed me an artwork in which they crafted the national flags of the countries they'd visited. They did so to express their gratitude for having graduated.

This is what these children did two days ago and will also become part of Tzu Chi's history. We'll always remember their good thoughts. Next year, or the year after that, we'll share with one another about how these children all shared the same good thoughts. This is worth recalling and it is worthwhile for us to inspire goodness in others as well.

To inspire people to do good, we must begin with education. Little children can accomplish great things. Young as they are, students at our kindergartens all learn to do good withini one or two years. This is what education is meant to do. We've truly inspired love in our students.

"If we can count our blessings, we'll do what we can to sow more by helping others. As our students, all of your are truly remarkable. Your coin banks are heavy as they are full of your love."

"I'll seize every chance to give and do all I can to help everyone lead a happy life the way I do."

"Whenever I save money in my coin banks, I always feel very happy because I've saved some more money to help the needy."

"Many disasters have occurred around the world, so through this event, we hope to help those affected rebuild their homes."

Our principals have established a good spirit at our schools, our teachers have guided our students towards the right direction, and our students have been more than willing to learn. Our students donate what they've saved, thereby paying love forward. Indeed, they've been giving of their love. Whenever there are people suffering in the world, they always provide them with timely aid. They are truly admirable.

So, we must always keep in mind our history, our Tzu Chi members, and our initial aspirations and encourage one another to do so.

I've very grateful as this is what education is all about. When guiding people, we must use proper methods.  The Buddha also used proper methods to guide people. He guided us with the Small, Middle, and Great Vehicle. He expounded, in the first place, how life is impermanent and filled with much suffering by explaining the of suffering, its cause, the cessation of it, and the way to end it so we can understand the truths of suffering.

"Grandmaster, I wish to donate it to the needy."

"Grandmaster, I wish to donate it to those suffering in Africa."

"Through this event, I have learned that starving is indeed very unbearable and I can all the more understand why Grandmaster calls on everyone to eat 80% full and save the rest to help others."

This is giving with love indeed. Young as the children are, they've been guided to save money bit by bit in their coin banks to help the needy. This is made possible by our teachers who always guide them with patience. By learning the Dharma, we can gain insight into everything in the world. How should we practice the Six Paramitas? What is giving truly about? To practice the ways of Bodhisttvas, we should give first.

Giving is not merely about giving material aid. We can also give by cleansing our minds and sharing all the knowledge we've acquired to inspire and guide others. So, giving also means being all-embracing to all living beings and working to inspire and guide them. To practice the ways of Bodhisattvas, we have to learn, in the first place, that giving is more than giving of tangible things. With our intangible minds, we can take on the mission to deliver all living beings.

To do that, we need to educate and guide others. We must serve like farmers who are all-embracing to everyone, sowing seeds of goodness in people's minds and guiding them unceasingly. To serve as living bodhisattvas, we must go amongst people and guide them. For that, we must uphold the Lotus Sutra, which is learning the ways of Bodhisattvas. Only those who learn the ways of Bodhisattvas will aspire to uphold the Lotus Sutra.

To learn the ways of Bodhisattvas, we need to practice the Six Paramitas, and the first of them is giving. Be it giving tangible or intangible things, it is most important that we give. May all of us be mindful and give with utmost sincerity. Only then can we truly uphold and live out the Dharma. Without sincerity within, how can we purify our sense organs?

Without sincerity within, when we encounter those who wish to cultivate, we will only choose those who have good affinities with us or are easy to guide. In truth, all living beings are equal and share the same Buddha nature. It is just that everyone has different habitual tendencies, and we need to guide them in different ways. So, we must serve people through giving and find ways to inspire and guide them.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: