Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20190630同體大悲恆利他Motivating Compassion and Altruism in People

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20190630同體大悲恆利他Motivating Compassion and Altruism in People Empty
發表主題: 20190630同體大悲恆利他Motivating Compassion and Altruism in People   20190630同體大悲恆利他Motivating Compassion and Altruism in People Empty周一 7月 08, 2019 5:41 am

At the Taichung Tzu Chi Hospital, I saw that our doctors have abided by their initial aspirations to save lives with the help of advanced technology. They dedicate themselves to saving the lives of many. This is very touching, and I am grateful for this.

There are many things to be grateful for. The nurses are like Avalokitesvara Bodhisattva who has one thousand hands and one thousand eyes. After being treated by doctors, patients need nurses to care for them. Caring for patients requires doctors and nurses to work in unity and harmony. Our doctors and nurses have done their best in fulfilling their aspirations of saving lives. This is the most noble and priceless.

I’m grateful to all doctors and nurses for their mindful efforts and service in the medical field. We are happy about this. The medical staff works in unity and harmony with love, which is a brilliant present to me. Writing through the day, I feel truly grateful. I think nurses, doctors, and all our hospital staff for their concerted efforts.

I am truly happy for what I have seen and heard. And, a thought came to me; about two months ago, Tzu Chi volunteers around the world came to the Abode for meetings. I told the volunteers from the US, I have no regrets in this life. I have lived this life without regrets.

Tzu Chi began with the charity mission. Because of disasters, we have helped 99 countries and regions. Take sending aid to East Africa for example, I am grateful for to all doctors and nurses. They have lent their hands and made donations.

I am also grateful to the superintendents of our four hospitals, for they delivered medical aid to East Africa with other TIMA members.  They discovered that people there truly live a suffering life. Such suffering is beyond words.

However, everyone has the same aspiration; it is to transform the lives of people in East Africa so that despite living in poverty, they can still have a secure and safe life to live. Let us hope that this happens in the near future.

Very quickly, people in Africa can live a prosperous life. Those who donated can understand Tzu Chi’s goal. After they receive help from Tzu Chi, In the future, they will also have a great strength to help people in other African countries. This is for sure.

Thus, Tzu Chi volunteers went there with a mission. After they’ve accomplished this mission, they returned to Taiwan happily. Volunteers sow Tzu Chi’s seeds in the countries they live. Local volunteers who came to Taiwan to be certified as Tzu Chi volunteers bring Tzu Chi’s spirit back to their country and inspire more local people to join Tzu Chi. Now, there are Tzu Chi volunteers in 59 countries and regions, and they continue to grow.  This is very touching.

Recently, I’ve been talking about don’t forget that year, don’t forget that person, and don’t forget our aspiration. Indeed, when we talk about not forgetting that person, we should say that don’t forget this large group of people—Tzu Chi volunteers. Tzu Chi’s work is done by this group of volunteers.

I‘m very grateful and that I have no regrets. I have no regrets in starting our charity work, Even though the work was hard. In the process of doing charity, we found the people who became ill because they were poor and needed Tzu Chi’s assistance. Some people became poor because of Illness, so Tzu Chi helped them. So, poverty and illness go together like twins.

Because of this, ten years after we started charity work, I thought of building a hospital. In Tzu Chi’s second decade, we started building a hospital. Our medical mission’s first hospital is in Hualien. This year is the Hualien Tzu Chi hospital’s 33rd anniversary and the 53rd year of Tzu Chi’s charity mission.

Since the early days of our coin bank program, Tzu Chi has been expanding its work. We established medical mission because of our charity work. We established cultural mission because our charity, medical, and education missions need a way to showcase their truth, goodness, and beauty. They need to be presented to the world. This is the function of our cultural mission.

I also mentioned Supt. Chien, who has engaged in different fields of work. He is a doctor, but he also hosts a medical program on Da Ai TV with more than 5000 episodes. He is also the winner of the Golden Bell Awards. All in all, all these accomplishments are accumulated through time. Everything is achieved through time.

Recently, I have been saying that we need to seize every second and give of ourselves solidly. This concept is easy to understand. Indeed, time is the accumulation of seconds; It is accumulated in minutes and hours. Everything is achieved through time. Tzu Chi’s charity work is the accumulation of volunteers’ efforts and time.

The CEO of our charity mission did some calculations. Adding up all of last year’s volunteer service hours, It is equivalent to over NT 10 billion dollars. Our volunteers give without asking for anything in return. The calculation was only hourly wages, it did not include transportation costs. Tzu Chi volunteers pay for their own expenses.

When making home visits to our recipients, patients or people in poverty, our volunteers would bring a gift. That was also not calculated.  The hourly wages alone was over NT 10 billion dollars. Such was how Tzu Chi started. Just counting Taiwan alone, of all the volunteers hours added from all volunteers each day, it is the equivalent of over NT 10 billion dollars a year. This is volunteers serving Taiwan.

In addition, Tzu Chi volunteers around the world have been serving solidly and steadily. Not just saving people’s lives, they also seize time to save our planet and purify the air. How do we slow down global warming? Every one of us needs to work on purifying peoples’ hearts and to serve as we carry out our own duties.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: