Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20190708 永續承擔法脈傳Continuing the Jing Si Dharma Lineage

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20190708 永續承擔法脈傳Continuing the Jing Si Dharma Lineage Empty
發表主題: 20190708 永續承擔法脈傳Continuing the Jing Si Dharma Lineage   20190708 永續承擔法脈傳Continuing the Jing Si Dharma Lineage Empty周五 7月 19, 2019 9:40 am

I often say that we must safeguard and continue the Jing Si Tradition. This is passing on our Dharma lineage. We truly need to do so. We need to have a pure, selfless heart and not seeking anything in return, so our Dharma lineage can continue and be everlasting.

When doing recycling, why must we sort plastics into different categories? We make sure that the PET material is not mixed with PP or PE one. Even a little bit of PP or PE gets into the whole bag of PET, when making threads, they will break.

So, it is important to sort out the plastics in detail. Passing on our Dharma lineage is the same; how do we pass it on? We must do this with a pure heart. That is why I often feel grateful to Dharma masters of the Abode.

I am also comforted that they can talk to volunteers. I myself admire my monastic disciples too. They are always busy doing work in their daily life, still, they are able to take the Dharma to heart, this is not easy.

Sometime before this tour, nearly 30 doctors from Malaysia came to the Abode to experience the life at the Abode. They took on the task of weeding. Despite doing the same task, each gained different insights on the Dharma from this.

However, they all mutually felt touched and grateful. In the evening, Dharma masters of the Abode chatted with them, then they shared their experiences. When doing weeding during daytime, they were mindful in removing weeks in the field.

They tried to figure out how the weeds grew and where its roots started and ended, so they could get rid of weeds successfully. This is exactly like purifying our inner-field.

If we do not clear away weed-like afflictions, the wisdom within us cannot grow. So, volunteers, how do we learn to become living bodhisattvas? We must start with purifying our own hearts and get rid of our afflictions first.

Tzu Chi volunteer Lee Lun Shuo, “Is it hard to recruit volunteers? It’s super hard. But, because it’s super hard, we’ve got to do it. Because there are many people without a house to live in and food to eat.

Volunteers, though at the beginning of this year, we set a goal, but I don’t think we need to be limited by a goal, let us recruit volunteers life after life, and tell people about Tzu Chi anytime and anywhere because that’s what Tzu Chi volunteers do.

Therefore, today, I’m afraid of vowing to Master with a number, so I’m inviting all of you, let’s work hard together, never mind the number, let us focus on how many hearts of people and volunteers have we connected.

Young people have been learning Tzu Chi’s ways. I want to say to all the uncles, and aunties, we have felt your companionship, and we’ll follow closely the footsteps of the Tzu Chi brothers, sisters, uncles, and aunties, and most of all, the footsteps of Master; let us do Tzu Chi’s work life after life, and help those in need, life after life.”

Seeing young people sharing on stage, I felt very comforted. I’m also grateful to senior volunteers; we can’t deny that we have aged. Comparing now to the end of last year, my mindsets are different; suddenly, I feel that I have aged.

The law of nature is something everyone must go through, but everyone hopes that we can serve until our final breath, with a healthy body and without illness. Perhaps, we have some kind of illness, I tell myself every day, “I live in a world of unbearable suffering, and I interact with people.

Without illness, I have no way to know what kind of suffering people go through.”  Bodhisattvas are ill when living being are ill. It is an ordeal for us to know the suffering of old age, and for us to realize a body organ has deteriorated.

This way, I will keep in mind, “I need to accept reality.” Every one of us needs to seize time and live each second to the fullest. Do not think, “I’m old; I should retire now. I don’t need to do anything, it’s none of my business.”

That is not correct. We need to do more because we have aged, and we are now racing against time; when I served an hour, I gained an hour, and when I gave a talk, I gained a talk.

When I say something beneficial to others, I will form good affinities with others. We need to seize that. Therefore, volunteers with experience, let us take care of one another, that is “caring for our fellow volunteers.”

Let us also accompany and pass on our experience to the younger volunteers. I’m happy to see that in Yunlin and Chiayi there is a group of young volunteers who are very willing to shoulder responsibilities.

Every time I come here I feel very hopeful. Even though we are getting older, we have young people who are shouldering Tzu Chi responsibilities. They made the aspiration to shoulder the responsibilities to sustain Tzu Chi’s missions for thousands of years to come.

Having such a spirit, I feel that we truly need to be grateful for this, whether to these young people or to people who have created, paved, and broadened the path we’ve walked on, do you understand this? Yes.

So, we need to truly seize our time. We need to truly care for our fellow volunteers. If we only focus on taking care of our own family and not volunteering with Tzu Chi, we might be alone because our children are working and cannot be with us.

That’s the situation most elderly people face now. In joining Tzu Chi, look at our big family. Each volunteer’s family where everyone cares for one another whtih the love of a big family.

I want to tell everyone that we need to cherish this group of senior volunteers who have created and paved the Tzu Chi Path. We need to cherish and care for one another.

To the younger volunteers, we need to encourage and guide them. The young volunteers need to be grateful to these senior volunteers for having worked hard to develop Tzu Chi’s work.

Our society and the future world belong to young people. If we don’t inspire people who will be living in the future world, our world will become a bad place to live in the future.

So, at this time, where we are living in a world full of five turbidities, if young people do not quickly stimulate the altruistic part of their brain, we cannot imagine what our future will be like.

All in all, we need to purify people’s hearts, which can create blessings for the world. This is not only my responsibility, but everyone’s. The future belongs to young people, which is our next generation.

So, we need to encourage one another to do good, do you understand this? Yes. Time passes by very fast; today is almost gone. Everyone needs to encourage and cherish our affinities with one another.

I give you my blessings. Thank you. We must walk this Bodhisattva Path. This is a must, do you understand? Yes. Good, best wishes to you.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: