Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20190712生生世世菩薩道Walking the Bodhisattva Path to Sow Blessings for the World

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20190712生生世世菩薩道Walking the Bodhisattva Path to Sow Blessings for the World Empty
發表主題: 20190712生生世世菩薩道Walking the Bodhisattva Path to Sow Blessings for the World   20190712生生世世菩薩道Walking the Bodhisattva Path to Sow Blessings for the World Empty周五 7月 19, 2019 9:52 am

In the aftermath of Typhoon Morakot, the kitchen of our office in Pingdong was also flooded. Even so, we still prepared boxed meals and delivered them to those affected. The photos show the army helping the affected and our volunteers giving out boxed meals.

We also see a volunteer, Ms. Li GUI-yang. When she led other volunteers to carry out the relief work, community residents would ask her: Your residence was also affected. Why would you come to care for us first? She replied: Your residences should be cleaned up first. I can clean my home later.

When we were doing the cleanup work, I saw many fellow Tzu Chi volunteers. So, I asked Ms. Li’s husband how many volunteers had come to help. He told me that around 100 volunteers came. We all truly admire Ms. Li.

Hearing our volunteers share their experiences, I am indeed very touched. When I was here half a year ago, I reminded you that next time I come here, I’d like to hear you share about your experiences of serving with Tzu Chi. As I am already advanced in age, I hope our Tzu Chi members can bear witness to the times and record the history of humanity.

Tzu Chi Is in its 54th year and Tzu Chi’s work has been carried out in Pingdong for more than 40 years. Our senior volunteers in Pingdong already visited the Abode in Hualien not long after Tzu Chi was founded. Back then, they truly had to trek through mountain roads to get there.

Having reached out to many places, they’ve traveled long distances and carried out a lot of good things. Although they are advanced in age now, as long as they are in good health, they will say don’t forget to ask me to take part in Tzu Chi’s work next time. I am still more than willing to give. This is how they live out their value in life.

In southern Taiwan, typhoons and floods have caused losses and damage over the years. It’s been 10 years since Typhoon Morakot severely affected southern Taiwan. It’s a year we must not forget. Aid and help was much needed in the aftermath of the disaster. With many Tzu Chi members working together, we had great strength in carrying out relief.

Also, it is because everyone shared one heart that the relief work was made possible. Regardless of social backgrounds, everyone was more than willing to give. Our Tzu Chi members from across Taiwan all took part in the relief work. When a disaster strikes, Tzu Chi members from all directions always bring care to the affected. This is the way of Tzu Chi members.

As we look back, we must not forget that year. There is much we must value highly. We gave of ourselves for the relief work and did our best to carry it out. All this is what we must value highly. I am very grateful that by pooling everyone’s love together, we had great strength in carrying out the relief work.
In the aftermath, we also built permanent houses in Shanlin of Kaohsiung and Changzhi of Pingdong to comfort those affected and help them get back on their feet. Residents from Shanlin have visited me recently. Some of them are painters or ceramic artists with fine craftsmanship. When I was in Kaohsiung, they told me that they live with peace and comfort in the houses we built for them.

I asked them will your families live there generation after generation? They replied, Yes. Thanks to Tzu Chi, everything in the village was well built. The roads were also well paved. Life is very convenient there. So, they can live there and go to work without worries. For that, they are very grateful. They also have a recycling station there. Whatever they need, they have them all.

Residents in the village we built in Changzhi also live in safety and peace. This is made possible by the love of our Tzu Chi members. So, we must not forget the work we’ve carried out.

I often tell you that when I founded Tzu Chi over 50 years ago, I was still young. It was a long time ago and I can’t rewind the past. I have been doing our work from youth to old age. In life, everyone goes through birth, aging, illness, and death. I have experienced the first three phases and I cannot escape the final one. After I go through the final phase, where will I be in my next life?

As I have sown blessings in this life, I can feel at peace and ease for my passing, and I’ve decided that wherever I will be in my next life, I will still seize karmic affinities to deliver all living beings. May all our Tzu Chi members cherish your karmic affinities with me.

In my next life, I will look for and reach our Tzu Chi members who have passed away before me. As to those who pass away after me, with my karmic affinities with them, they will come as soon as I asked them to join me. So, we will come together life after life to walk the Bodhisattva Path.

We strive to do good deed and sow blessings. I often say a family doing good deeds will be blessed. And we work to sow blessings for the world as we hope to mitigate disasters. Each of us truly needs to sow more blessings. As weather patterns have become more and more erratic, we must all work in a relay of love to sow blessings.

In all, by giving of ourselves, we will surely contribute to society and live out of our value in life. We give of ourselves by harboring good thoughts and sowing blessings for the world. This is how we live out our value in life. Instead of spending our days at the home, we may as well serve at our recycling stations. The recycling work can bring us joy and help us stay in good health.

Our recycling volunteers enjoy good health as they recycle every day. May everyone work to sow blessings so as to bring peace and safety to Mother Nature and every family. I’m very grateful to all of you for giving with love.

One of the purposes for my tour this time is to remind all of you not to forget Tzu Chi’s history, our Tzu Chi members, and our aspiration to inspire love in more people. May everyone give all we can and share Tzu Chi with people we meet so the Jing Si Dharma lineage can be passed on forever and ever. Let us work to turn evil into good at all times by walking the Bodhisattva Path. My best wishes to you all.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: