Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20190710點滴無不是力量Seizing Time to Give and Help Transform Africa

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20190710點滴無不是力量Seizing Time to Give and Help Transform Africa Empty
發表主題: 20190710點滴無不是力量Seizing Time to Give and Help Transform Africa   20190710點滴無不是力量Seizing Time to Give and Help Transform Africa Empty周五 8月 02, 2019 7:27 am

Everyone, during my trip this time, I keep reminding our Tzu Chi members that we must encourage one another to seize time and take each step firmly for our work. Tzu Chi is in its 54th year. I’ve heard a married couple, both of whom are Tzu Chi members, share about Tzu Chi’s history as well as our faith, vows, and action. Honestly, I don’t remember every single part of Tzu Chi’s history.

But, I can clearly remember those people in the early days after Tzu Chi was founded. When I think back to the times, Ms. Zhang Xiu-hui, Uncle Jin (Mr. Jin Yi-zhen) at Lo-Sheng Sanatorium and Hospital, and others will come up fresh in my mind. I always remember Mr. Xu )Xu Cong-min) and his family as well. I will never forget those people, and I will always harbor gratitude to them.

Back then, I cherished my karmic affinities with them although I had scarce resources. It’s been nearly 60 years since my monastic disciples and I began to work to support ourselves. Not only did we make baby shoes, we also did other crafts before that. Not long after we began to make baby shoes, I founded Tzu Chi. I feel deeply for all living beings with the suffering of birth, aging, illness, and death.

For example, both the fetus and the mother experience the suffering of birth. The fetus suffers greatly as it is confined in the mother’s body, and when its sense organs mature and it is time for birth, the fetus also experiences great suffering when it is forced out of the mother’s body. And the mother suffers even more greatly due to the pain of labor and delivery.

A fortunate infant will be carefully wrapped in a blanket and well looked after. The mother will receive postpartum care, and many people will bring her their best wishes. Yet, in Africa, because of poverty, many infants can only be wrapped in rags or old clothes and lie on the ground.

This March, three African countries were severely affected by Cyclone Idai. It is our wish that everyone’s donation, large or small, can be pooled together to help those affected. Every little money, once accumulated, can amount to a great sum. Boundless merits can also be created. We’ve brought care to those areas affected by floods and carried out relief depending on the scope of damage and the number of those affected. This is how we’ve seized the chance to reach out to those in need.

We also hope to help them improve their living conditions in the future. Now, we should bring them continued care to pt their minds at peace and help them resume farming to get back on their feet. Having brought them relief and care, we should also inspire and guide them to give with love and compassion and to cultivate wisdom. May everyone work in a relay of love to guide and inspire them.

To turn those areas into fields of blessings, we must serve like farmers and sow seeds of blessings there first. As one seed can give rise to innumerable seeds, if each of us sows a seed there, the seeds will each produce numerous seeds. Every bit of effort, one accumulated, can truly make a difference. Thank you all. My greatest purpose for this tour is to express my gratitude to all of you and call on you to help transform the lives of the poor in Africa.

And most importantly, I’d like to remind you not to let any second slip by. We should live out our value in life by seizing our lives to go to people’s aid in their times of need.

Thank you all. Let us keep calling on everyone to bring relief to southeastern Africa. What counts is not how much one can donate. Most importantly, we must share Tzu Chi with everyone we meet. If we do not pass on Tzu Chi’s spirit to our future generations, it will be hard to inspire love in all humanity.

We all know that imbalanced Nature’s elements have caused erratic weather conditions and many natural disasters. The only way to bring about favorable weather conditions and mitigate natural disasters is by sowing more blessings in the world with a heart of sincere piety. May you encourage one another to head towards this direction and share Tzu Chi with people you meet so as to inspire everyone to do the same.

This way, weather conditions will become favorable and the world will be in peace and safety. May you all understand this and take it to heart. May you be mindful always. Thank you all.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: