Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20190711代代相傳菩薩心Serving with a Bodhisattva Heart Life after Life

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20190711代代相傳菩薩心Serving with a Bodhisattva Heart Life after Life Empty
發表主題: 20190711代代相傳菩薩心Serving with a Bodhisattva Heart Life after Life   20190711代代相傳菩薩心Serving with a Bodhisattva Heart Life after Life Empty周四 8月 08, 2019 12:10 am

Everyone, time passes day by day, and we grow older year by year. When entering here, I saw several Tzu Chi volunteers. I asked some of them, "Why don't I recognize you?" Not having seen them in a long time, (I couldn't recognize them,) for their appearances have changed over time. My appearance has changed too.

Thankfully, you can still recognize me as you see me on TV every day. Yet, even so, you may say, "In this old video, Master looked different from the way she does now." I also feel the same way. Compared to how I looked a few years or a decade ago, I look different now. For example, staff from Da Ai TV made a video clip to show how I'd already shared certain ideas ten years before.

When I watched the video, I also saw that my appearance had truly changed over the past ten years. Back then, I still had good eyesight, but now I cannot see well. We see our volunteer, Xiu-feng, share about how over 40 years ago, she and other volunteers attended a seven-day Buddhist retreat in Hualien. They were the first volunteers to do so.

"Forty years ago, I met Jing Zhi, who encouraged me to join Tzu Chi. She told me that just by saving 50 NT cents every day, we can help the needy. So, I joined her in the practice. After that, I learned more and more about Tzu Chi and began to share with others what I'd seen and heard when I visited the needy as well as what Master had carried out.

Guess what? I inspired more and more people to become our donating members and in the end, a total of 17 people joined us. This is what Master says:' Recruit unlimited donating members and create unlimited blessings.' Back then, there were only a little more than 30 Tzu Chi commissioners in Pingdong. As more and more people have joined us, there are over 1,600 Tzu Chi volunteers in Pingdong now. "

In the photos taken during those early years, our volunteers all looked very young. Indeed, your appearances have changed with time ticking away second by second. So, we must seize time to give. Back then, we truly had scarce resources, and I even had to personally teach our volunteers how to hold a bowl and use chopsticks properly, how to dress and make our hairdo neatly, how to walk decently, etc. That was over 50 years ago and now it is hard for me to do that again.

In the beginning, there were only a few Tzu Chi volunteers, but now, many people have joined our rank. There are over 1,600 Tzu Chi volunteers in Pingdong now. Over time, we will grow old, but we can inspire more and more people to join our rank. Our volunteersw are of all ages, and among our elderly volunteers, some are very senior Tzu Chi members, such as Jing Li and many others.

Jing Li has missed me very much, and as to Jing Xing, I can never see her again. Indeed, if our elderly volunteers do not visit me, it is hard for me to see them. So, our younger Tzu Chi members should care for our elderly volunteers and tell them that I also miss them very much. I hope they can keep in mind that having served as living bodhisattvas in this life to benefit people in the world, they can uphold the spirit of Bodhisattvas life after life.

"In 1985, as Master hoped to build a hospital in Hualien, I vowed to support Master. Yet, due to the financial status of my family, I couldn't afford to make a large donation. Yet, I thought I could do recycling and donate the proceeds to support Master in building the hospital. So, I began to recycle and encourage each family to join in the cause. I've been doing recycling for 33 years. Master, please do not worry. I will keep doing what I should do."

One of the purposes for my tour this time is to remind all of you not to forget Tzu Chi's history. We've been doing recycling work because we hope to purify the air and mitigate erratic weather patterns. To protect Mother Nature, I began to call on everyone to take up recycling nearly years ago. Now, all around the world, there have been many calamitous floods, storms, and rains. This is horrifying.

The Buddha also said that in the era of decay, the Three Major Calamities and the Three Minor Calamities will strike frequently. what incurs such calamities? The collective bad karma of all living beings. We must live with vigilant care, uphold our precepts, stop killing animals, and protect all living beings with loving care.

So, the theme I have given you for our work this year is respecting all life with gratitude and love and living in harmony and reverence to sow blessings for the world. If we can take this to heart, our minds will be at peace every day, for we will harbor gratitude and respect towards one another. To practice the ways of Bodhisattvas we must live together in harmony and respect rather than fight with others to get what we want.

If we fight against one another, disputes will surely arise because we've spoken anything but good words. We must not defame others. It's wrong to think that others are at fault and we are right. In all, we must live together in harmony and respect so as to bring peace and harmony to society and sow blessings for the world.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: