Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20190718積極推素護生靈Remembering the SARS Outbreak in 2003

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20190718積極推素護生靈Remembering the SARS Outbreak in 2003 Empty
發表主題: 20190718積極推素護生靈Remembering the SARS Outbreak in 2003   20190718積極推素護生靈Remembering the SARS Outbreak in 2003 Empty周五 8月 16, 2019 2:42 am

"Back then, a volunteer, Ms.Tang, asked me to help with making isolation clothing. Seizing the chance to serve, I consented immediately. I designed three production areas and six production lines. There were ten sewing machines and sergers in each production line, in which an isolation gown could be made in one go. As everyone offered to help, we got more than 70 sewing machines and sergers just in three days.

As many volunteers offered to help make isolation clothing, I arranged for them to work in three shifts. This way, we could make the isolation clothing much faster. We could make nearly 2,000 pieces a day."

"Back then, I harbored a simple intention. By making isolation clothing, I could help protect medical professional from being infected so they could save the lives of others. With this simple intention in mind, I took part in making the isolation clothing from start to finish."

"Although I supervised the overall work, whenever someone left his or her seat, I'd take over the sewing work. See how desperate I was in doing the work. When I saw reports on the SARS outbreak, I truly felt very anxious. Master, please do not worry. I will always stay committed to Tzu Chi's work and cherish my good karmic affinity with Tzu Chi. Thank you, Master."

We truly must not forget Tzu Chi's history. If we didn't share our history, we'd really forget it. My visit has brought you closer together. You've worked hard to reach our volunteers who we may have almost forgotten and to bring them together. Your close bonds are like that of needle and thread. You've brought our volunteers together, which is like you've drawn back many threads. It's truly worthwhile to recall our history.

The SARS outbreak was a horrifying disaster early this century. With that, we must awaken and guide others to do the same. It's been 16 years since the SARS outbreak. May we mindfully look back to those incidents so we will recall more of the work we've done.

We see several photos that were taken during the SARS outbreak. (To make isolation clothing,) we used nearly 80 sewing machines and sergers and turned (our old office in Kaohsiung) into a large, temporary clothing factory. We go so many sewing machines and sergers in a short time. This is truly amazing. And we quickly had all the fabrics in place. This is also very inconceivable.

A large quantity of isolation clothing, including caps, gowns, etc., was made. Due to the epidemic outbreak, many Tzu Chi volunteers came together, learning to make isolation clothing and seeking ways to acquire equipment and materials. Many living bodhisattvas came forth and carried out many things to combat the disaster that shook society and the medical field.

During that period of time, everyone in Taiwan needed to wear a surgical mask. Everyone on the streets wore a surgical mask and this phenomenon lasted for a very long time. The situation in Taipei was even more critical. Our Tzu Chi members in Taipei shouldered the responsibility to carry out relief. Some people who visited hospitals where there were SARS cases or friends who had been infected would be quarantined and couldn't go out during the epidemic outbreak. So, our volunteers would send meals to them.

When I was in Taipei this time, our volunteers shared with everyone their effort in the relief. Indeed, once we share Tzu Chi's history, many other Tzu Chi members will recall more of the work we've carried out. For the medical field, the SARS outbreak could by no means be taken lightly. Good epidemic control could ensure that everyone would remain safe and well. Otherwise, any negligence would lead to terrible consequences.

I'm truly grateful that back then, many Tzu Chi members mobilized for the SARS outbreak. Over 3,700 volunteers shifts were arranged to make isolation clothing. From statistics and figures, we can better understand Tzu Chi's history. In the future, at events held by the United Nations, we should also present statistics and figures related to the work we've done.

"On April 30, 2003, we set up a coordination center. I served as the team leader. From May 23 to June 8, we made 12,841 isolation gowns, 12,753 isolation caps, and 1,081 scrubs. A toatl of 4,369 volunteer shifts were arranged to carry out the work.

For Kaohsiung Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chung-Ho Memorial Hospital, Kaohsiung Veterans General Hospital, Kaohsiung Armed Forces General Hospital, Kaohsiung Municipal Min-Sheng Hospital, and Penghu Hospital, and also individuals, we made 31,153 vegetarian boxed meals."

I'm grateful to our volunteers for promoting vegetarianism. Int the past, we encouraged people to go vegetarian and now, we must do our best to promote vegetarianism. To satisfy people's craving for meat, over 200 million animals are killed per day. In other words, over 2,000 animals are killed per second. This is terrifying.

The air we exhale is impure, but we need to breathe fresh air and inhale oxygen. This is also true of animals. They need oxygen, but they also exhale impure air. Just think, over 200 million animals are killed every day just because people crave meat. This ceaseless cycle of supply and demand for meat has created bad karma. So, we must work more diligently to promote vegetarianism.

According to the United Nations, meat production is a proven source of pollution. Apart from plastic, meat also causes pollution. May everyone understand this. With an ever-growing world population, there will be more and more pollution on Earth. So, we must all heighten our vigilance.The collective bad karma from killing animals has resulted in erratic weather conditions. In Buddhism, killing animals creates very serious bad karma, which in turn brings about severe retributions.

As Tzu Chi members, we've shared the benefits of vegetarianism with one another. Yet, we must work hard to promote vegetarianism rather than simply encourage others to go vegetarian. I'm grateful that you gave out over 30,000 vegetarian meals during the SARS outbreak saving many animals lives.Thank you all and my best wishes to you.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: