Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20190802有福付出最莊嚴Blessed Are the Ones Who Help Others

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20190802有福付出最莊嚴Blessed Are the Ones Who Help Others Empty
發表主題: 20190802有福付出最莊嚴Blessed Are the Ones Who Help Others   20190802有福付出最莊嚴Blessed Are the Ones Who Help Others Empty周五 8月 16, 2019 2:49 am

In 2002, China Airlines had an air accident. The next day mama we went to Penghu to help with the disaster relief. The most important  task Tzu Chi volunteers did was to provide emotional support. During that time, prosecutors and detectives who check on the victims’ bodies told us many times that they were grateful to Tzu Chi volunteers for being with them, which helped calm their minds. To them, being able to calm  their minds was a very big support.

Master told us to don’t forget that year. For the past few days, I kept on recollecting my memory about that accident. As the days went on, the smell became worse. When security personnel saw Tzu Chi volunteers, They asked Tzu Chi volunteers to go in with them. They showed luggage and bodies they’ve recovered to family members. Thank you, Master. I used to be very timid. But, after joining Tzu Chi, I learned to deal with death, including comforting family members to the point of calming them down.

We should not forget the air accident that occurred near Penghu Islands. Jingui and other volunteers went to Penghu to help. The family members were scared to identify the bodies and asked the volunteers to help. Volunteers were truly brave. They entered the morgue without any fear.

They were truly living bodhisattvas. If it weren’t for living bodhisattvas, who could do this? They were very brave. I am truly grateful. The volunteer Jingui kept on thanking Tzu Chi for letting her gain so many experiences. That’s right. But, it also depended on her and the other volunteers who aspire to take on Tzu Chi’s work. That was how they could gain so many experiences in their life.

We should not forget that year, and we should not forget that person. Today, I thought of the volunteers Jinyong. In the past, he drove a group of volunteers early in the morning from Siaogang to Shanlin every day, and they worked there the whole day in the sun until the evening. I heard his wife Lucia said Jinyong was often very tired when driving back. I hope everyone can remember Jinyong. Don’t forget this volunteer who gave wholeheartedly in building the permanent houses in Shanlin.

Jinyong had many things to say to Master but did not get a chance to do so. Every day, before leaving the construction site in Shanlin, he made rounds of the place. Because he was in charge of the work-for-relief program, he did not want Master to worry. He must make Master feel at ease.

So, no matter what happened to his life, he was determined to finish the construction project. He did not want Master to worry. He wanted the world to see that Master lives up to her words. He said that in this life, he was very happy to know Master. Master also kept on praising him. He had lived a truly worthy life.

That‘s right, we should not forget this living bodhisattva. Jinyong was a good disciple of mine. I believe everyone has the same mindset as Jinyong. My disciples and I have an affinity. This affinity is not just for this lifetime. We are continuing our affinity from the past, so we meet in this lifetime. Moreover, we are forming our affinity again for future lives. So, our affinities are forever, life after life, formed over many lifetimes.

Thus, in coming to Kaohsiung I thought about Jinyong. When our Jing Si Hall in Kaohsiung was being built, we saw him here, managing everything. Of course, there were many others, such as Mr. Li, Tzu Cheng volunteers, and our commissioners, etc., they were all here, and I am truly grateful.

Having such a beautiful cultivation ground now, there are truly many things to be grateful for. I am grateful to Mr. Eugene Duh and many others who served wholeheartedly and gave of their strength to make this place beautiful.

The beauty comes not only from the vest landscape and the building; the most beautiful thing about this place is the people here. Volunteers come here; they serve and receive training here. Year after year, many living bodhisattvas were nurtured here. I am very grateful as many things were accomplished here.

The other day, when my car went around the building, I saw the beauty of the surrounding area; I saw a lot of people, all volunteers, and the unity and harmony among them.

In the following year of my becoming a commissioner, Typhoon Morakot happened, so I went to help clean for affectees. Sister Chinju and I were assigned to a basement, there was a fridge that had toppled over for many days and a toilet covered in mud. At that moment, I thought, fortunately, I am here with a team if I was on my own I lack the courage and the ability to do this.

The smell was horrible and I was exhausted, but as I walked out and saw a clean basement, I thought, how will this family be able to clean all the mud if we did not show up and cleaned together?  Actually, while cleaning, all I thought about was how happy I felt, and that I am with a group of friends that do beneficial things together; we did not get together to shop, we got together to do good deeds, so, my happiness grew as I cleaned.

Indeed, there are thousands of things for people to do, and people can do thousands of things; all it takes is the power of vows, and things can only be done when people are mobilized. Many volunteers have shared that, without the happening of an event or incident, they could not have given of themselves. Typhoon Morakot was indeed an unforgettable event for those who lived in Pingtung or Kaohsiung.

In fact, everyone in the audience now is someone with blessings, because we are not dealing with a disaster now. Blessed are those who are not in a disaster; the blessed one serve and help those in suffering, and both parties receive joy. The memories you have recalled are what you have experienced in your life. The most valuable experience in life is helping others and being a person with enlightened love.

After all, things are accomplished by people. Nothing will be accomplished when people do nothing. As I heard you talked about using your hands to wash toilets and do dishes as a part of Typhoon Morakot’s relief efforts, I think your hands are the most beautiful and most able hands; they are praiseworthy. I hope you will have the affinity to serve people and make your hands the most useful hands in life.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: