Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20190812扇解脫風培植愛 Developing the Habit of Giving Love

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20190812扇解脫風培植愛 Developing the Habit of Giving Love  Empty
發表主題: 20190812扇解脫風培植愛 Developing the Habit of Giving Love    20190812扇解脫風培植愛 Developing the Habit of Giving Love  Empty周二 8月 20, 2019 1:02 am

For the past few days, the dates August 7 and August 8 have been on my mind, as I have been saying recently, do not forget that year, do not forget that person, and do not forget that aspiration. Indeed, let’s not forget the year of Typhoon Morakot.

It happened 10 years ago, 2009, and brought on the Flood of August 8, which caused devastating damages in the mountainous areas of Kaohsiung and Pingtung, and lives were lost; many lives were lost in Siaolin Village. In Shanlin of Kaohsiung, Tzu Chi took 88 days to build a housing complex of over 700 permanent housing. It has been 10 years.

What I feel for the past 30 years is that we’ve been living there with ease. I thank Tzu Chi and especially Master. We often think fondly of her.

Besides being grateful, more importantly, we pray that after such devastation, we should be more united.

Now, take a look at the housing complex, Trees have grown, end it the houses look the same, as the pebble wash finishing remain ageless. Beside the trees and some houses built after, nothing has changed; that is what I was told. It’s been 10 years, for the Flood of August 8, Tzu Chi used 88 days to rebuild homes for the affectees, so that they could welcome the Lunar New Year in their new home.

We also thought about their livelihood; presently, the handicrafts marketplace is still ongoing. This is to recall that year; it’s been 10 years already. In term of taking care of children in need, A retired school principal, Ms. Zu, and her sister, who was also a teacher, and many members of Tzu Chi Teachers’ Association came together and responded quickly. They held activities and invited children to participate in them.

The children could be at ease and happy while their parents cleaned up their home without worries. This is what it was like 10 years ago. The efforts went on for several months. The love of Tzu Chi volunteers last not only three or five days, but for a very long time. 10 years have gone by.

Let us not forget the year 2009, nor those people who took part in the relief effort. Look at the Tzu Chi volunteers. It’s been 10 years, and they have created their values in life. Volunteers devoted their lives to the relief efforts and benefited people in suffering at the time. People mindfully gave of themselves with their power of love, which is truly meaningful.

Whenever I look back to the efforts that Tzu Chi volunteers have done, I feel amazed and full of praise for them. Tzu Chi volunteers are truly extraordinary and remarkable. This is part of Tzu Chi’s history, we can recall that year every day.

On the other hand, a few days ago, Typhoon Lekima became truly threatening with its growing strength. For several days, I had kept an eye on its movement, and felt very worried. I hope that everyone stays vigilant and sincerely pious to reduce the impact of disaster. Eventually, the typhoon changed its path slightly, and we were spared.

But, Typhoon Lekima made a landfall in China and devastated the province of Zhejiang greatly. Several adjoining provinces were also impacted by the flood and strong wind it brought. At least six or seven provinces were affected, and many people were devastated by it. The force of nature is truly immense and powerful.

There is also a flood disaster in Myanmar. Many countries are experiencing disasters. Everyone, we should remind ourselves to always be vigilant and sincerely pious.

Yet, there is a peace of heartwarming news of a kind-hearted person who truly wants to save another person’s life. A physician found out that he is a match for bone marrow donation. At the time he was a scheduled to donate his peripheral blood, a typhoon was incoming. Then, an earthquake occurred, which delayed his train. But the typhoon, the earthquake and the train delay did not deter him from saving a person’s life. This is truly touching.

This is the power of love. As long as we give rise to love, we can overcome many, many challenges. All in all, love is something that we give every day at any moment but continuously giving of ourselves until we develop the habit of giving love. Then, naturally we will be able to give off a waft of cool breeze. When ignorance or affliction is about to arise in our mind, we will naturally generate a cool breeze that cools down our mind and quelle the fever of affliction.

We also need to create blessings often. Even if there are typhoons, No matter how the pressure system develops, blessings can mitigate a potential disaster or even avoid it all together. This is being vigilant and sincerely pious. So, it is very important to nurture our love all the time. Every day, I live in gratitude. Though I have a lot of worries, I am still full of gratitude. All right, I hope we can nurture a sense of gratitude, vigilance, and sincere piety in our hearts.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: