Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20190818分秒典藏善足跡Recording the Wholesome Deeds in this World

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20190818分秒典藏善足跡Recording the Wholesome Deeds in this World Empty
發表主題: 20190818分秒典藏善足跡Recording the Wholesome Deeds in this World   20190818分秒典藏善足跡Recording the Wholesome Deeds in this World Empty周三 8月 21, 2019 3:36 am

20 years ago Turkey was stricken by a big earthquake on August 17, 1999. Around that time, our volunteers Hseih Ching-kuei, Josephy Chen, and Li Yancheng were in Kosovo. As they were about to return to Taiwan, I asked them to change their plan. They then went to Turkey from Macedonia instead.

Just then, Mr. Faisal Hu’s article appeared in the United Daily News; He asked in the article, where is Taiwan while Turkey has a disaster? After this article was published, I quickly made it clear that there were already Tzu Chi volunteers in Turkey; the volunteers and Mr. Hu quickly got in touch.

We all know that brother Faisal is a Muslim. When he first met with us, he did not know about Tzu Chi, and we are Buddhist organization. So, brother Faisal quietly observed what we did.

Now I am in Tzu Chi’s uniform. But, little did I know that the efforts of four Tzu Chi volunteers would move me and inspire me to join Tzu Chi. It have been 20 years. I hope all volunteers know that we must not underestimate ourselves, because whatever good we have been could very likely turn into inspirational factors for those who observed what we do.

Now, Tzu Chi has helped more than 3,000 children in Turkey. Our volunteers may not see what these children are like now. But, 20 years later, they will still remember Tzu Chi, always remember Dharma Master Cheng Yen and Tzu Chi volunteers. They would not know our names, but that they would recognize Tzu Chi’s blue and white uniform, In which I am proudly wearing. 20 years from now, the children we’ve helped will become capable adults and be able to lend a helping hand to more people.

Indeed, we truly must remember and cherish those years, that group of volunteers, and their aspirations. I truly feel that we should recall the things we have done and not forget our aspirations, so that we can have consensus and take action together. So, with common understanding, we must have consensus and take action together. When time goes by, even a second could not stay behind, nor could a femtosecond or a microsecond.

Yet, time is passed and accumulated in femtoseconds and microseconds. Half century’s time has gone by, and Tzu Chi is in its 54th year.

In recalling those past years, we see many events. After someone had documented them, there were footprints left for those events. As people seized the chance to promptly document an event, impressions would be left for it, as well as a trail of footprints to trace.

Take our recycling effort for example. Think about it, with a thought to do recycling 30 years ago, Tzu Chi’s recycling efforts has been ongoing for nearly 30 years. Next year, our recycling effort will be 30 years.

I still recall that scene sometimes. That day, I was in Taichung, I was on my way to see my master, and we drove by the night market. It was in the early morning, so all the vendors had left. We drove by the night market in the early morning and just then came a gust of wind. It was around the beginning of autumn, and the gust of wind picked up paper and plastic trash on the ground.

That evening, I was leaving a speech at the Shin Min high school, and I heard rounds of applauses, so I said, I hope everyone can do recycling with the hands they are applauding. From that day on, Tzu Chi’s recycling effort began.

It is approaching the 30th year mark. Recycling is now a major topic around the world. Look at the elderly volunteers guarding our recycling effort; each one of them is a treasure, and our recycling stations would not exist without them. Our recycling stations are scattered around various places,

All in all, for each second of our time, whether a short span or a very long while, we are not to look down on it. How can we advocate this idea? Only our cultural mission can best take on this job. Our cultural mission is to preserve those unforgettable years, people, and aspirations.

Look at the photos taken by photographer Mr. Michael Xiao, they were shot with his mindfulness. In a flash of time, he has captured each scene. Between the milliseconds and his mindfulness, he took photos that serve as a documentation of time; I am truly grateful for this.

Our cultural mission is to shoulder the responsibility of recording the development of Tzu Chi four missions. Indeed, we need to cherish all the missions of Tzu Chi. The charity mission is to safeguard people’s innate nature. Why did I start Tzu Chi with the charity mission? It was not just to help the poor people, but to inspire people to save the goodness in their nature.

Even now, I keep on saying don’t forget Tzu Chi’s beginning of the NT 50 cents donations. When added up, tiny contributions can accomplish great things. Not to mention the charity mission is to safeguard people’s innate goodness. Everyone, please watch the news. It’s best to watch the Da Ai news. I am its biggest fan. Da Ai TV does not have sensational news, yet, it can calm people’s hearts and inspire kindness in people.

This is the goal of Da Ai TV. Of the four missions, our medical mission is to safeguard people’s lives. Our education mission is to safeguard people’s wisdom-life. We must always remember that we need to integrate charity into our education and let students know about the suffering in the world and teach them to care about the world. This is a part of our education. We must let students know what Tzu Chi is doing in this world.

To teach students this, professors must first understand Tzu Chi. If they don’t understand Tzu Chi, in their classes, they will not teach students about caring for this world. Thus, Tzu Chi’s schools need to know more about what’s going on around the world and Tzu Chi’s charity work. We also need our cultural mission to safeguard history.

All in all, of the four missions, our cultural mission must have a great sense of mission to record every second of the past, events of past years, and people’s aspirations. We should record Tzu Chi’s history for the present and the future as well.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: