Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20190823慈悲利他法脈傳Seizing Time to Benefit Humanity and Our World 中英

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20190823慈悲利他法脈傳Seizing Time to Benefit Humanity and Our World 中英 Empty
發表主題: 20190823慈悲利他法脈傳Seizing Time to Benefit Humanity and Our World 中英   20190823慈悲利他法脈傳Seizing Time to Benefit Humanity and Our World 中英 Empty周四 9月 12, 2019 2:03 am

On the night of February 16, 1998, it was windy and cold, and an air crash happened in Taoyuan.

Upon learning of the air crash, we Tzu Chi volunteers rushed to the airport. The families of the passengers were arranged to stay at the transit hotel, and we unceasingly offered them aid and care. They hoped that e could also do religious chanting at the air crash site. When we arrived there, it began to drizzle. There were many rescuers and it was so cold.

As ginger tea could help them stay warm, I asked our teacher, Ms. Cao Xue-fang, who lived nearby, to prepare ginger tea as soon as possible. By four o’ clock, she’d got all the ingredients ready and begun to cook. Also, as the rescue work had lasted overnight, the many people there surely needed hot food. So, I asked our volunteer, Ms. Chen Tian Mi-zhi, to prepare hot food as soon as possible.

Although she was already over 70 back then, I still hoped she could help out. She was really fast. By six o’clock, hot food was available.

Just a little more than two years later, on the night of October 31, 2000, the ferocious Typhoon Xangsane affected Taiwan and another air crash happened.

It was really stormy that day, and it was very hard for us to get to the air crash site. Before we arrived, ouor volunteer, Mr. Luo Qing-yuan, had prepared ginger tea. We offered ginger tea to people there, they all asked if we were Tzu Chi volunteers. It was really heartwarming to hear that. The following day, the prosecutor also asked us to accompany the families of the passengers when they identified the bodies. I’m truly grateful that our relief work was highly recognized by all.

We heard our Tzu Chi volunteers share the disasters relief they’ve carried out. Life is impermanent and we must not forget the lessons from past disasters. In times of safety and peace, we must harbor gratitude within. Erratic climate conditions have caused many natural disasters. See how Tzu Chi members carry out relief in unity and harmony.

We carry out our work selflessly as we share the same aspiration. As my disciples, you all share the same aspiration as mine, which is benefitting the world and all humanity with loving-kindness and compassion. With karmic affinities, I renounced the lay life, extending the love towards my family to all humanity. I’, grateful that our Tzu Chi volunteers have all made the Four Great Vows and share the same aspirations from the bottom of the hearts.

See how they work hard to help the poor and inspire the rich to give. We need to keep inspiring and guiding well-off or influential people to join our rank. When they give with love and serve as living bodhisattvas with us, we can form a greater strength to make a difference in society. So, we need to keep guiding them to join us.

In Tzu Chi, I’ve always felt deeply moved all along because regardless of financial and social status, our Tzu Chi members all carry out our missions with the same dedication, which has been the greatest relief to me over the past 50 years and more since the founding of Tzu Chi.

It was the Buddha's wish that all living beings could be equal. Though we have not yet realized this, all our Tzu Chi volunteers have been equal because once they put on their uniform, be it the blue-and -white, the grey-and white uniform, the suit with a Tzu Chi necktie, or the Mandarin gown, for all kinds of occasions, they always work together with unity and order.

With a sincere heart they always display beauty when working together. Also, they all seize every second to carry out Tzu Chi's missions. They've truly live out their value in life. As there are many disasters caused by erratic climate conditions, we are still carrying out relief in many countries. To mitigate disasters, we need to harbor sincere piety within. It doesn’t work if we only pray for help.

May we bear witness to the times in carting out Tzu Chi’s work and record the history of humanity by recalling the work we’ve done, sharing them with one another, and recording them down. Rather than living our lives in vain, we must seize every second o give, for to seize our lives to give is to truly live out our value in life. The Dharma teaches us that we reap what we sow.  By forming good karmic affinities in this life, we will enjoy good karmic affinities in our future lives. May everyone cherish time and our affinities. My best wishes to you all.

We must keep working to pool love together by sharing Tzu Chi’s history and our initial aspirations with one another, respecting everyone, and regarding all as living bodhisattvas. With the passing of time, we are becoming older. So, we must pass on the Jing Si Dharma lineage and follow it with diligence.

As you are all my disciples, let us live our lives in vain. To truly live out our value in life, we must work to benefit others. May all of you recall and share how you’ve lived out your value in life by working to benefit others with loving-kindness and compassion. This is how we pass on our Dharma lineage and inspire love in the younger generations. By doing so, there will be more peace and harmony in our society.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: