Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20100903-- Tzu Chi's Advanced Surgical Simulations Realized by Body Donors' Selfless Giving (臨床教學再進階)

向下 
發表人內容
如意
版主
版主
如意

文章總數 : 713
來自 : 嘉義
威望 : 253
注冊日期 : 2009-04-17

20100903-- Tzu Chi's Advanced Surgical Simulations Realized by Body Donors' Selfless Giving (臨床教學再進階) Empty
發表主題: 20100903-- Tzu Chi's Advanced Surgical Simulations Realized by Body Donors' Selfless Giving (臨床教學再進階)   20100903-- Tzu Chi's Advanced Surgical Simulations Realized by Body Donors' Selfless Giving (臨床教學再進階) Empty周三 9月 29, 2010 11:33 pm

Date: September 3rd,2010 (Friday)
Lecturer: Master Zheng-Yan
Subject: Tzu Chi's Advanced Surgical Simulations Realized by Body Donors'Selfless Giving 臨床教學再進階

The vast sea of medical knowledge is indeed boundless, and there is still much for us to explore and learn.
As we know, life begins when a mother becomes pregnant.
That is when our life comes into being.
As we go through life’s stages of birth, aging, illness and death (生老病死),
everyone will need medical attention at one stage or another.

Life begins at birth and aging is the natural process that follows.
But what about illness?
It is something that no one can avoid and no suffering is worse than that brought by illness.
For those in the medical profession, what they do every day is to relieve the suffering of patients.
To treat illness, medicine is needed.
And, since there is still much to be learned about the human body, medical research is essential.
So, we must constantly explore and learn because there is indeed a very vast sea of medical knowledge for us to delve into.
And, to treat illnesses of the body, we must start by understanding the human body.

In the past few days, advanced surgical simulations for clinical doctors and medical educators were held at Tzu Chi University.
In the past, thanks to Tzu Chi volunteers who donated their bodies to medicine after their passing, medical students and residents were given the opportunity to learn more about the mysterious workings of the human body.
This time, the surgical simulations were more advanced as the participants were all experienced clinical doctors and medical educators who not only work to guidetheir students and younger doctors, but also keep expanding their medical knowledgeand bettering their skills by taking part in these surgical simulations.

A professor, Lai Mingkun: “In the medical profession, one must keep learning, so I’m here today not as a professor, but as a humble student to learn. It’s wonderful that Tzu Chi University is providing such a program for us.”

A doctor, Yen Chengan: “Through advanced surgical simulations, we’re able to practice and improve our medical skills. I think this is a marvelous, innovative program. So, I’m grateful for this chance and I appreciate the body donors very much.”

Among the participants of the advanced surgical simulations this time are our doctors from urology, plastic surgery, and otolaryngology. (泌尿科, 整型外科, 耳鼻喉科)
Renowned doctors and medical educators from across Taiwan also participated.
Altogether, 40 plus doctors from over 20 hospitals at home and abroad took part in the surgical simulations.
What they’ve done is very meaningful.

Every time a surgical simulation is held, I always feel grieved yet grateful.
Among the body donors this time, there were two Tzu Chi commissioners.
I am deeply saddened at their passing as they were both good disciples of mine.
One of them was Yue-kuan. She was both ahonorary board member and a Tzu Chi commissioner.
(月款她是榮董, 也是委員)
She was inspired to become our volunteer after the 921 Earthquake hit Taiwan in 1999 and she had been very dedicated ever since.

But in 2007, she began to feel unwell, and was experiencing back pains.
After many hospital visits, the cause of her illness was still unknown.
Despite being ill and in pain and still undergoing examinations, she never stopped volunteering for Tzu Chi.
In December 2007, she was sent to the ER at our hospital in Taipei as she was in excruciating pain.

She was diagnosedwith lung cancer, and the cancer had already spread to her bones.
It was terminalstage cancer and her doctor told her that she had only six months left to live.
Both her husbandand sister were deeply saddened by the news, but Yue-kuan felt very much atease with it.

A Chi Tzuvolunteer, Yue-kuan: “Throughout my illness, I’ve felt that Master’s words about being at ease with death have really inspired me. Master says, “Understanding death, is not as good as appreciating it. Appreciating death is not as good as being at peace with it. And, being at peace with death is not as good as making the most of it.” (上人著作生死皆自在裡面幾句話, 給我有很大的啟示, 就是: 知生死不如體會生死; 體會生死不如契合生死; 契合生死不如利用生死). I’ve really gone through these three stages.

See how she had taken my words to her heart.
That’s why she was able to face death with a peaceful mind and serve as a volunteer even more diligently.
(生死都很自在, 所以能輕安自在, 更精進)
Although she was seriously ill, she still went around sharing with other patients the lessons and truths she had learned from her illness.
Although her doctor told her that she had only half a year left, being at ease and realizing that death is but a natural course of life, she ended up living for another year and a half.

What touches me even more is that to help survivors of Typhoon Morakot, which devastated Taiwan last August, she even requested to be discharged from the hospital for some time in order to help solicit donations.

A Chi Tzu volunteer, Yue-kuan collected donations for helping survivors of Typhoon Morakot: “Thank you. Thank you, everyone. Thank you so much.”

Even at the last stage of her life, she still wanted to collect donations to help those affected by the typhoon.
So, living in this world, we must know how to make use of our life.
Yue-kuan had truly lived her life to the fullest.
We must all understand the meaning of life.
Being born into this world, we must realize that the day will come when we have to leave and part with our loved ones.

A Yue-kuan ‘s husband and also a Tzu Chi volunteer, Mr. Huang Guosian: “The doctor said that she had fluids surrounding her lungs and that her left lung had stopped functioning, causing her discomfort and shortness of breath. He told her they could insert a chest tube to drain the fluids and lessen her pain. But that would leave an open wound. She refused the treatment. We talked to her several times. But she insisted on bearing with pain. What was more important to her was to keep her body intact without wounds, so that she could donate her body for medical use when she passed away. She truly lived up to Master’s words of beinga brave warrior life. (生命的勇者)

See what avaluable and meaningful life, she had created for herself.
Today, our body donors will be cremated and we’ll hold a memorial service for them.
Indeed, life is precious. As long as we make good use of our life, we can benefit others in this world and sow blessings for our future lives. (生命的珍貴, 能及時好好運用都可以造福於未來, 真的是功德無量)

Let us give our most sincere and pious blessings to these eight body donors.
May their vows to return to this world and give of themselves be fulfilled (乘願再來, 為人間而付出).
Their families who were able to let go and helped fulfill their loved one’s wish are truly admirable and full of wisdom.
May every one of our body donors’ families have peace, safety and auspiciousness.
(祝福無語良師每一個家庭都是平安吉祥)

My thanks to all the doctors who have helped fulfill the donors wish to benefit others.
May the doctors carry on the donors’ wish by using what they’ve learned to help their patients.
Thank you all very much.

(Source:Da Ai TV 人間菩提)
回頂端 向下

20100903-- Tzu Chi's Advanced Surgical Simulations Realized by Body Donors' Selfless Giving (臨床教學再進階)
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: