Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20190925緣深不遲愛共鳴The Wonder of Karmic Affinity

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20190925緣深不遲愛共鳴The Wonder of Karmic Affinity Empty
發表主題: 20190925緣深不遲愛共鳴The Wonder of Karmic Affinity   20190925緣深不遲愛共鳴The Wonder of Karmic Affinity Empty周五 10月 04, 2019 1:52 am

We truly must seize time to give. I often speak of karmic affinities. What brought all of us together? Karmic affinities. With karmic affinities, people get together at a certain time and place.

When it comes to karmic affinities, I think of dr. Chien Sou-hsin. Karmic affinities are indeed very inconceivable. Although Dr. Chien served at our hospital in Hualien for as long as 11 years, I didn’t know him well because I rarely met him. When we began to build our hospital in Dalin, I asked Dr. Lin Chin-lon, CEO of our medical mission, for his support.

What I most wished for was not only the construction of the hospital, but most importantly, the establishment of the spirit of our medical mission at the hospital. So, CEO Lin selected a few doctors from our hospital in Hualien to serve with him at our hospital in Dalin. One of them was Dr. Chien, who is currently the superintendent of our hospital in Taichung. After our hospital in Dalin was inaugurated, he served as asst. superintendent.

And, before the inauguration, he and CEO Lin, who later served as the hospital’s superintendent, had to make many round trips to Dalin share Tzu Chi with Dr. Chien. Also, our Tzu Chi members in Jiayi and Yunlin often came together with CEO Lin and Dr. Chien to prepare foro the inauguration of the hospital. There was truly much work to be done before the inauguration.

The more Dr. Chien interacted with other Tzu Chi members, the more he understood Tzu Chi’s spirit and values. After the hospital was inaugurated, I once heard Dr. Chien say: “I’m very sorry that although I’d served at our hospital in Hualien for 11 years, little had I known about Tzu Chi. Not until I came to Dalin did I truly understand its spirit and values.”

And, besides gaining an understanding of Tzu Chi, he has also fully taken Tzu Chi’s Dharma lineage to heart. He is every inch a Tzu Chi member. This is why his medical program on Da Ai TV is so fascinating. He once said that at airports or other places, some people would greet him happily. He also has many fans around the world. Although he is a doctor, he has learned much about cultures.

Most importantly, he doesn’t understand Tzu Chi only superficially; he understands Tzu Chi’s core values. During the 11 years at our hospital in Hualien, he did not truly understand Tzu Chi. But, when he served at our hospital in Dalin, he quickly took Tzu Chi’s Dharma lineage to heart, thereby growing in wisdom. With a deep understanding of the spirit of Tzu Chi’s medical mission, he also established such a spirit at the hospital. His affinity with Tzu Chi is truly inconceivable.

Supt. Chao You-chen of our hospital in Taipei gained a deep understanding of Tzu Chi in only two hours. When we were looking for superintendent candidates for our hospital in Taipei, Dr. Shyu Rong-yuan, now one of the asst. superintendents of our hospital in Taipei, recommended Dr. Chao.

Dr. Chao then met with me at our Banqiao Complex and saw both our senior and young Tzu Chi members share how they’d carried out Tzu Chi’s work, how they’d guided new volunteers, etc. without a script, several Tzu Chi members on the stage about the work they’d done and how they’d practiced what they’d shared with others.

When the event was over and I was leaving Banqiao, I asked Dr. Chao, “Are you in a hurry?” He replied, “No. I’m available now.” So, I asked, “Could you go to Guandu with me?” he said, “No problem.” On the way there, I asked him: “After attending the event today, what do you think of Tzu Chi? Do you think you have an affinity with Tzu Chi?”

He replied, not hesitating at all: “I feel that I must serve with Tzu Chi and shoulder a wonderful responsibility.” I said, “What is the responsibility?” he then replied: “Taking care of Tzu Chi family members.” “Oh, family members!” I said in surprise.

“Those who I saw at the event today are all Tzu Chi family members, “ he added. “ Some of them are advanced in age and they all dedicate themselves wholeheartedly. They are very kind, just like my family. If I can serve with Tzu Chi, I will surely shoulder the responsibility of taking care of our Tzu Chi family members.” Hearing that, I felt we were truly close in heart.

Why did I wish to build a hospital in Taipei? I built the hospital for two purposes. Firstly, it was for the sake of our educational mission. There are many international talents in Taipei and with a hospital in Taipei, we can access new medical knowledge more quickly. Secondly, I wished to give back to our Tzu Chi members in northern Taiwan.

We must understand that we couldn’t have carried out Tzu Chi’s Four Missions without the dedication of our Tzu Chi members in northern Taiwan. They made donations, put in their efforts, and exercised their wisdom to help. So, to give back to them, we needed to build a hospital in Taipei so as to safeguard their health and lives and inspire love in more people.

Without any hesitation, Dr. Chao answered my question by saying: “If I can serve with Tzu Chi, I will shoulder the responsibility of taking care of our Tzu Chi family members.” This is truly heartwarming. With Dr. Shyu’s recommendation, he met with me and heard our Tzu Chi members share their experiences, thereby witnessing Tzu Chi’s harmony. Then, he agreed, without hesitation, to serve as superintendent of our hospital in Taipei. He made this great decision in only two hours.

This was made possible by his affinity with Tzu Chi. How quickly we decide to make connections with others, where we will meet someone, and who we will meet all depend on our karmic affinities with people. May we Tzu Chi members form deeper affinitiea with one another.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: