Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20190915力行經道會菩提 Serving Personally to Gain Insights

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20190915力行經道會菩提 Serving Personally to Gain Insights  Empty
發表主題: 20190915力行經道會菩提 Serving Personally to Gain Insights    20190915力行經道會菩提 Serving Personally to Gain Insights  Empty周日 10月 13, 2019 11:55 am

The past few days were the annual convention for TIMA, our international medical association. For the past several years, TIMA members from different countries, where some might be far away, would try their best to come to Taiwan for the convention.

This year, there were attendees from 24 countries and regions, and lectures were interpreted into 7 languages. Attendees spoke different languages and listened to lectures translated into their own language, yet, as the lectures were translated, they came to realize the same principle. Everyone was happy and was full of gratitude.

I listened to them expressing their gratitude and the vows they had aspired to make. Take Dr. Alen Wen of South Africa for example; this young man is from South Africa, and when Tzu Chi volunteers invited him to take part in a volunteer mission in Mozambique, he replied, “That is a lot money for airfare. I think it might be better for me to donate the money toward the relief efforts.”

Someone encouraged him by saying: “You should go. Spend your money as airfare, and go there personally. The insights from your personal experience will be different. You should go, experience serving amongst people, and witness their suffering. “They encouraged him, “You are young, and you should go!”

So, he went with them. In the aftermath of cyclone Idai, he saw the affected children who suffered tremendously and lost all they had. Yet, they still remained pure-hearted, and the smiles on their faces were so innocent. This truly surprised him.

From this experience, I learned that the happiness and the smiles of the children, the smiles of the patients, and the hope of the affectees are so precious that money cannot buy them. So, having taken part in this relief effort is truly worth it.

It is good to donate to help. But, when we also taken action and join in the effort personally, we will be even happier. This is life’s principles. Being able to donate and serve, we can even gain Dharma joy. When people describe their experience, it is hard for us to feel what they went through.

But, we gain insights when we do it personally. This is what I often talk about, “the sutra shows us life’s principles, pointing to us the right path to walk on.” Only when we walk the path will we know the path is smooth, come in contact with the Bodhisattva Path, and realize the Buddha’s teaching in sutras. Such an understanding is true Dharma joy.

To fully understand the Dharma, we must see, recognize, and take action. After we serve, we will gain insights. We must know the Dharma, understand it, and practice it so that we can truly apply the Dharma in dealing with matters. I hope that everyone can know this well.

To do good deed is to give rise to wholesome thoughts, make donations, personally take part in it, and gain the experience. We went to places of suffering and personally experienced it. In taking part in doing good, it strengthens our faith for us to make great vows. This is how we develop and strengthen our wholesome thoughts.

Some may give rise to unwholesome thoughts: “It’s my money. I worked hard to earn it. Why should I donate money that I worked hard to earn? My money is for me to enjoy life, why should I give it to others?” Not only do they not support it, they are very mean and say nasty things.

Our thoughts, speech, and actions can create negative karma that accumulate into fruits of suffering. The mistakes we’ve made will lead us to suffering. Very few people can turn their unwholesome thoughts into thoughts of creating blessings, and then create and accumulate countless blessings, and walk the Bodhisattva Path. This is not easy to do.

Looking around the world now, the imbalance of Nature has caused many natural disasters. Around the world, news of earthquakes, typhoons, flooding, and wildfires is reported every day. These disasters are powerful and destructive. This is the consequence of Nature going out of balance. As Buddhists, we should know this very clearly.

Because of this, we need to be more diligent in learning the Dharma. In coming to this world, we need to live a meaningful life. To live a meaningful life, as I often said to everyone recently, is to give of ourselves. We need to make use of our time to give of ourselves to benefit people. This is the value of our life. This is life’s truth. We ought to go amongst people to help those in need.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: