Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20191003聞法解脫識轉智Nurturing Our Wisdom by Taking In the Dharma

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20191003聞法解脫識轉智Nurturing Our Wisdom by Taking In the Dharma Empty
發表主題: 20191003聞法解脫識轉智Nurturing Our Wisdom by Taking In the Dharma   20191003聞法解脫識轉智Nurturing Our Wisdom by Taking In the Dharma Empty周五 10月 25, 2019 2:40 am

Climate change is noticeable and is indeed happening now. The environment is deteriorating faster than the Buddha foretold. (Like all matter,) the Earth goes through formation, continuation, destruction, and annihilation. Indeed, the Earth is being damaged very fast. Our body also ages very fast, reminding us that it is rare to be born as humans.

Since we have been born as humans, we must make the most of our lives. We must not let nay second slip by. By making good use of our lives, we can truly make a difference in the world.

Confucius had his mind bent on learning at age 15. At age 30, he could stand firmly in society, for he'd served as an official and achieved much success. He said, "I had no more doubts at 40." When he turned 40, he'd gained a clear understanding of all truths in the world, including ethics and moral. At the age of 50, one should know the will of heaven, which is Confucius's philosophy of life.

At the age of 50, whatever we hear, we must be able to tell right form wrong clearly. When we hear something right, we must take it to heart, and when we hear something wrong, we must ignore it so we will not be misguided or give rise to afflictions.This is what Confucius taught us.

And, when we turn 70, we can follow our heart's desire provided that we do not cross the line. This is how we can live our life. Confucius taught us to give of ourselves for others. When he no longer had to worry about the affairs in society, he still reminded everyone not to cross the line and practiced this virtue himself.

The Buddha's philosophy of life is different from that of Confucius. The Buddha taught us that life has no beginning and no end. We all have countless previous lives. We all have countless previous lives. In Buddhist sutras, we can see such words as "countless eons before the Buddha's time." Also, we reap what we sow and the karma we create leads us to remain in the cycle of rebirth in the six realms.

The Buddha taught us that we are all subject ot the karma we've created; it leads to our endless coming and going, life after life, in the six realms. we must learn the Dharma so we can bring blessings with us and sow blessings in the world in our future lives. We are blessed to learn the Dharma, and by learning the Dharma, we can eliminate our afflictions and turn our consciousness into wisdom. This is what the Buddha taught us.

I feel that I still have the responsibility to certify our volunteers this year. I truly must work hard to energize myself so I can certify our volunteers and encourage them to carry on Tzu Chi's missions. Ms. Tang Mei-yun said that she vowed to when I fastened her Tzu Chi commissioner ID card on her chest. As soon as I fastened the card on her chest, she felt she had to shoulder responsibilities and she vowed to carry out Tzu Chi's work wholeheartedly. So, she and her opera troupe try their best to pass on Tzu Chi's Dharma lineage in an artistic manner.

The other day, at our Jing Si Hall in Hualien, she represented all the important events in the life of Dharma Master Zhi Zhe in a short period of time. In only dozens of minutes, she conveyed many truths through the opera. Over 50 people represented the life of Dharma Master Zhi Zhe, including how he cultivated himself, attained enlightenment, and dispelled evil spirits. They truly have my admiration.

Ms. Tang then told me that the moment I certified her, she vowed to carry out Tzu Chi's work wholeheartedly. So, she keeps passing on our Dharma lineage regardless of the opera production costs. As I asked them to play out the history truthfully rather than put on operas based on fictional scripts, they always make sure each material they refer to is historically true and accurate so as to truthfully represent the life of each great Dharma master.

Ms. Tang passes on the Dharma in her own way and strives to spread it around the world. When I asked why it is that I feel so familiar with the lines in her operas, she said that it is because they've been referring to the truths I've expounded. What they do is truly not an easy feat. All in all, we must carry out all our work with mindfulness.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: