Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20191014齊做環保護乾坤Do Recycling to Protect the Earth

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20191014齊做環保護乾坤Do Recycling to Protect the Earth Empty
發表主題: 20191014齊做環保護乾坤Do Recycling to Protect the Earth   20191014齊做環保護乾坤Do Recycling to Protect the Earth Empty周五 10月 25, 2019 3:12 am

We saw devastations in Japan. A super typhoon with its torrential rain and strong winds caused great devastation in Japan. What was even more unfortunate was that before the typhoon a tornado and an earthquake struck Japan. A serious of disaster brought great damage to the country. Many rivers burst their banks and flooded nearby houses.

The residents never imaged that the rain would be so heavy.  Now, people there need to deal with destroyed houses, roads, etc. It won’t be easy to clean up and recover after the disaster.

We also see wildfires in the US and Australia. Different areas are on fire. Besides forests being destroyed, the lungs of the earth, the Amazon rainforests are also being destroyed. Distraction of forests will have an impact on the whole world. So, I am very worried and anxious; where is the hope for our future? I hope that through trying our best to purify people’s hearts and awaken their wisdom people know to protect our Earth.

We see that Tzu Chi volunteers and elderly volunteers are doing their best to protect the earth by doing recycling. Tzu Chi’s recycling efforts will be 30 years old next year. Although our volunteers have been doing recycling for nearly 30 years, It wasn’t until five or six years ago that people around the world slowly began to see the importance of recycling.

Talking about the plastic problem will not solve it; It takes actions to encourage others to act. Though people advocate it, no one implement it; people just know about it and recognize it, yet no one is willing to implement it.

Nevertheless, Tzu Chi volunteers have been doing recycling for nearly 30 years. They have such wisdom to engage in recycling, no matter who they are or what they do for a living. Recycling volunteers have no attachments when it comes to recycling. They are passionate about doing recycling. Owners of big businesses can humble themselves to join the recycling efforts by collecting and sorting recyclables; they truly have the bodhisattva spirit.

The  entrepreneur once told me, someone said to him, you’ve collected so much on your truck, If you sell them, how much would that be? The entrepreneur replied, at least NT$200 or NT$300. The man said, the spare change in your pocket is probably more than that! It’s not the same, the entrepreneur explained, taking money from my pocket or from my bank is not a problem, but to pick up recyclables or stack up a paper neatly for sell. that’s a different experience.

Why don’t you join me? it won‘t cost you a dime. The man responded, no way, I can’t. It‘s not worth my time for a few bucks! It is not for a few bucks, It is that this recyclables will damage the earth and will never biodegrade. So, if people are going to use them, we need to take part to recycle them. This is a way to educate people.

Not only people with knowledge can educate others; by visiting the recycling stations, when these grandmas and grandpas start to talk about the principles behind our waste, what they say is quite profound.

Our volunteers do recycling to protect the environment. Tzu Chi‘s recycling effort has been going for almost 30 years. We see that this recycling volunteer is very wise. She sticks various types of plastic on sheets and make several sample folders. On each sheet, each type of plastic is marked with its content element. Plastics are sorted out into different categories. This is truly remarkable. I am full of praise for her.

I have many disciples who are PhD researchers, or doctors of the environmental protection. I also have many disciples who are experts in recycling waste. I’m truly touched. They are indeed living Bodhisattvas. They serve amongst people, make themselves useful to the world; they do not idle their time away. Everyone is busy giving of themselves. I am truly grateful to them.

Two days ago, a fire broke out in Hualien. While we were in a meeting around 4 PM, the fire went on. Tzu Chi Volunteers quickly mobilized and met at the fire scene to carry out emergency aid. We prepared some water, hot meals, bread, and meal boxes for people in need. We also have some facemasks and other things. We give care and distribute aid to people whenever they need our help.

Masters from the Abode came here in no time to give care to the firefighters and the fire affectees. Master De Ru distributed emergency cash and gave comfort to the affectees in person. We are truly grateful that the Abode have prepared dinner boxes and deliver them here for the firefighters.

Volunteers are truly living bodhisattvas. The fire happened after 4 PM. After I came out of the meeting, Volunteers have packed up bread, water, boxes of hot meals ready to be delivered. So, a large number of people worked together and joined in the effort to give aid, which helped speed up the process.

I am grateful for everyone’s effort and hope that everyone‘s power of love is not waning, but connects together and continues on. Such is giving our power of love. Thank you.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: