Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20191127顧好道心成永恆Finding Meaning in Life Through Giving

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20191127顧好道心成永恆Finding Meaning in Life Through Giving Empty
發表主題: 20191127顧好道心成永恆Finding Meaning in Life Through Giving   20191127顧好道心成永恆Finding Meaning in Life Through Giving Empty周二 12月 31, 2019 10:29 am

Several young people who had survived the 2015 dust explosion incident in New Taipei City came and shared their stories. In the aftermath of the incident, the youths who were affected and their family visited me in our Guandau Complex. I gave them my encouragement and they’ve all got over the pain from the incident.

The first time I visited Master, I couldn’t help crying, for I really didn’t know what I could do. Master told me: “With life comes strength. We need to respect life. As long as we are alive, we have unlimited potential and hope.” I said, “Given his situation, I hope his two elderly brothers can help with taking care of him in the future.” But, Master told me: “He will surely be able to take care of himself.” Indeed, he has made it.

It doesn’t worry me that I’ve lost my limbs. I keep in mind that I’m still alive. I’m very fortunate because I can still speak. I’ve given speeches in many places. It is truly worthwhile to inspire others by sharing my story. I’ve received a lot of love. Tzu Chi members and many people in society have been caring for and helping me.

I hope that I can take care of myself in the future. I’m even learning to walk so my parents won’t be worried about me. I’d like to share with Master that I will achieve this goal by the end of this year.

With his body as an example to everyone, this young man works to remind young people that life is impermanent. The incident happened unexpectedly and it truly took much work for him to recover. See how life is truly filled with suffering. The Buddha told us that there is much suffering in life. Coming to this world, the Buddha witness life’s suffering, and to find true value in life, he walked onto the path of spiritual cultivation.

I’d like to remind all of you that as mundane beings, we are often unenlightened. Now that we’ve learned and understood the Dharma, we must cultivate ourselves with utmost sincerity, which is what cultivation is truly about.

Some would tell me: “Master, I’m not a monastic practitioner. Am I still able to cultivate myself?” I’d told them: “You cultivate even better than I because in addition to learning the Dharma, you also have to attend to your own families.” As a monastic practitioner, I deem every family as my family and everyone is like my family. This is why I have no afflictions within.

Yet, although I have no afflictions, I’m worried about the world and the needy. Do you know the difference between afflictions and worries? Yes. Worries are different from afflictions. We give rise to afflictions when we think too much. For example, when people speak ill of us, we might feel unhappy, holding grudges and hatred deep in our hearts. Then, we might speak ill of them too, creating bad karma as a result.

This is how our minds become tainted as we give rise to afflictions. When cultivating ourselves, instead of giving rise to afflictions, we must harbor gratitude at all times. Instead of giving me applauses, what do I often ask you to do with your hands? Recycling. That’s right. Sounds can be a source of pollution. The sounds we hear may obscure our pure nature. Scientists also speak of noise pollution.

So, instead of giving applauses, may we put our palms together to express our gratitude, respect, and love. And, apart from expressing gratitude to one another with our palms together, what else should we do with our hands? Recycling. By doing recycling, we will be free of worries and enjoy good health.

And why should we recycle? Because nowadays people use many plastic items, such as plastic bags, boxes, and so on. Without recycling, plastics will end up being buried underground and the land will become hardened and barren. What is this? A plastic bottle. A plastic bottle can be recycled and made into a pen. This is how resources can be fully recycled and reused. Everyone, this is why we do recycling.

Young Tzu Chi members at our DA AI Technology company seek ways to turn recyclables you collect into useful resources. Can you understand what I’m saying? Yes. Can you hear me clearly? Yes. I have to muster all my strength to give a talk. Everyone, you share the same aspiration as mine and live out what I’ve shared with you in everything you do.

As recycling volunteers, we vow with utmost sincerity to not forget our aspiration. No one recycled as we did back then and our recycling work is recognized globally now. With wisdom, we recycle resources and reduce garbage. With deep faith, we live out our vows by going amongst people to serve. With safety as priority, we will continue to carry out recycling work. We will follow Master closely. We will follow Master closely. We will follow Master closely.

Your voices have really rocked heaven and earth. I’m truly grateful to you. you all have the heart to follow me. Yet, what’s most important is for you to follow me life after life, forever and ever. May you always follow me closely. Yes, we will. May you, from now on, always keep in mind the vows you have made. May you go amongst people to serve and live out the Dharma to guide and inspire all. I’m grateful to all of you for taking the Dharma to heart. Thank you all and my best wishes to you.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: