Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20191205落實關懷結好緣Embracing Everyone like Family

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20191205落實關懷結好緣Embracing Everyone like Family Empty
發表主題: 20191205落實關懷結好緣Embracing Everyone like Family   20191205落實關懷結好緣Embracing Everyone like Family Empty周三 1月 01, 2020 4:22 am

"You've developed edema in both feet. You might have slight heart failure, which can cause edema in your lower limbs."
"Can you understand? He said that you'd better see a cardiologist for an accurate diagnosis."

"There is a wound on his left leg, but he covered the would with a pain relief patch, which was quite unexpected. With close look at the wound, we found that it has suppurated and the skin around it has become red and swollen. Generally, patients with such a condition would have to be hospitalized."

"Today is Sunday, so outpatient clinics are closed. But you can register at the ER."
"Can I go to the ER tomorrow?"
"Absolutely not. You must go now."
"As the wound has suppurated, you must have an IV and receive treatment now."
"You don't need to endure the pain."
"Didn't the doctor ask you to receive treatment now? You mustn't put it off any longer."

It's very cold. May all Tzu Chi members care for the elderly in our communities more often. May we pay more attention to them so we can learn of their situations and provide timely care and aid if need be. Oftentimes, the elderly have health problems. May we always wish them longevity. Yet, we don't give Dr. Yoshio Tanakawell-wishes like that, for he is already 102 years old. Does he retire from volunteering due to old age? No. He still takes part in our medical outreaches. He goes to the mountainous area of Shuangxi with other Tzu Chi volunteer doctors in order to provide free clinics and interact with the elderly. (We see how Dr. Tanka inspires the elderly who are much younger than he.)

"Two doctors are here to see you."
"He's already 102 years old."
"Due to the build-up of lung fluid, I suffer from the shortness of breath. My younger brother reminds me to take a rest more often. Yet, I shouldn't take rests all the time. As the weather is fine today, I insist on taking part in the medical outreach.

"I'm already 102 years old. "
"Oh! How truly blessed you are!"
"Life is a gift from heaven. Instead of wasting my life, I must seize time to serve people." Despite old age, he still puts his life into good use by offering medical care to others.
"Life is precious. We must not waste our lives."

Seeing how he still works hard despite old age, we truly shouldn't complain about how tired we are. He has truly inspired many people to seize their lives to give. We must respect all life with gratitude and love and live in harmony and reverence to sow blessings for the world. Everyone has innate love. May we inspire everyone to give with love so as to sow blessings for the world.

Just think as long as we take action to give, we can help numerous people, which is truly meritorious. I'm very grateful that our Tzu Chi members have set an example by giving of themselves. May everyone follow their example to inspire love in people all around the world. May we set an example by serving as living bodhisattvas earnestly and diligently without asking for anything in return.

In this life, I've been carrying out my convictions without asking for anything in return from the world or other people. We must guard our minds at all times. Do we harbor greed, anger, ignorance, arrogance, or doubt within? Do we harbor arrogance because we do good and have benefited many people? If we do, we are craving merits. We can sow blessings by doing good, but we will deplete our blessings if we do good for the sake of merits.

For example, if we have a bowl of noodles at restaurant simply by paying money for it (without harboring gratitude to anyone, we are not sowing blessings.) We just pay for the food, (and the restaurant simply sells us food.) This way, we cannot form good affinities or sow blessings. We need to be grateful to the restaurant for serving food so we can fill our stomachs. Even if we pay for the food, we should be grateful to the restaurant, for without it, we'd have nothing to eat.

If everyone harbors gratitude, respect, and love towards one another, our society will be filled with joy, peace, and harmony. If we live together in harmony and respect, our society will be filled with love and warmth rather than quarrels and disputes. This is how we can safeguard families and countries. May we work daily to bring peace and harmony to each family and community. This is how we serve as living bodhisattvas.

I'm very grateful that Tzu Chi has good affinities so that there are now Tzu Chi volunteers in so many countries and regions. Our overseas volunteers, who all understand Tzu Chi's spirit and carry out Tzu Chi's work steadfastly, have inspired numerous locals to join our rank. So, whenever a disaster strikes, Tzu Chi volunteers can always mobilize quickly and carry out relief with local resources.

"All their food has been destroyed (by the wildfires.) With our cash aid, they can buy food."
"We've learned from those affected that they hope to receive kitchenware."
"Tzu Chi brought us care in our time of need. I'm very moved, so I'm in tears. I thank Tzu Chi for coming to our aid."

See how our volunteers spread love around while they carry out relief. This is how they inspire numerous locals to join our rank and help the needy. We often see aid recipients exclaim "Tzu Chi" again and again to express their gratitude to us. Indeed, we must not forget Tzu Chi's humble beginnings, the work we've been carrying out, and our Tzu Chi members who have been sharing the same heart in giving with love. Let us harbor gratitude at all times.

We must know that in this winter season, many people are still suffering from the freezing cold. May everyone give with love to help the needy. May we all support one another in serving communities and forming good affinities with more people. This is how we walk the Bodhisattva Path. Do you understand? (Yes.) Very well. My best wishes to you all.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: