Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20191013修心利群清淨行Cultivating Our Hearts and Benefiting Others

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20191013修心利群清淨行Cultivating Our Hearts and Benefiting Others  Empty
發表主題: 20191013修心利群清淨行Cultivating Our Hearts and Benefiting Others    20191013修心利群清淨行Cultivating Our Hearts and Benefiting Others  Empty周四 1月 09, 2020 2:18 am

I feel bad about animals being killed, so I tell my mom and my dad that if we don’t eat meat, we can save animals.
If we eat meat, the earth will get sick, very quickly, all of us will become sick.
It is so obvious that she has compassion and can’t bear to see little chicks being killed. She said “How can you bear to kill little chicks? Their moms won’t be able to find them.” I think that for children, this kind of education is great.  

The Buddha taught us that every one of us must co-exist with the earth. We are interconnected with all living beings. How should we live our lives on the earth? We should show our gratefulness to the earth, cherish all living beings, and care for one another. This is to cultivate our compassionate nature.

To be able to open our hearts to encompass the cosmos, we must learn to get along with people by being grateful all the time, and caring for one another with selfless Great Love. Since the early time of Tzu Chi, these are the teachings that Tzu Chi volunteers have received.

So, not only do we practice the teachings, we understand that if we just recite the Buddha’s teachings, it is of no use. We must put them in action and live out the Dharma. Having an appearance of a cultivation ground is of no use. What we should do is go out to truly help others all the time and inspire others to do so.

I saw how hard she was working and other volunteers were working, I thought I might as well chip in and do my part as well. So for over a year and half, I have been driving not just out here but working in the dental station to register patient’s coming in.

We both have birthdays here, running a cake, it feels good. Everyone is nice, very efficient, impressively efficient, otherwise we won’t come back.

I will like to use this opportunity from bottom of my heart thank you for Tzu Chi, the Master, the organization, to create the opportunities for me, my parents, my family a have a place to work as volunteers.

I get to come home everyday knowing that I am helping a lot of people even thought I just sitting and stretching. Helping them check in, check out. One day when I get my degree, I want to come back here actually being a doctor.

We serve people and teach others to do the same by setting a good example for others, so we can lead people to head out the right direction on the correct path. This is the wondrous Dharma of praising others to serve. Because we rejoice in serving others, we agree this is a good thing, and we praise those who give of themselves, we are willing to join the effort.

Everyone is joyful in giving of themselves without asking anything in return and they express their gratitude to people they help. Such is true Dharma. Giving praises and expressing gratitude to one another, isn’t that common ways of interaction amongst Tzu Chi volunteers?

Though we serve, we also praise others for serving: “He does a lot more than me, and he is great!” But, haven’t we also served? Yes, we have. We help others serve and praise them for their deeds; it is the wondrous Dharma of giving praises. In helping others, they benefit and we too benefit; it is truly praiseworthy.

I’m really impressed that volunteers have already sorted out their recyclables at home, so when they bring in the recyclables, everyone can easily put them into the same category together.

You’ve worked up quite a sweat. I’m brimming with joy.
I feel happy when I do recycling here. I want to keep on doing this, do my best, and give all my strength.

While serving, we teach others to do the same and praise them. The Dharma is in our action and it is a path that people can walk on. This path is not a path of words but a path of action. So, those with merit cultivate their hearts. What is merit? Merit calls for us to benefit many others and do so with a sincere heart. This is quite simple, so please remember it, “Those with merits cultivate their hearts and benefit many.”

If we do not cultivate our hearts, there is no use to go amongst people because we cannot benefit others. Only when we have truly cultivated our hearts can we go amongst people and benefit them. Or else, there are so many people, when we go amongst people? Let us focus on cultivation; take this thought of cultivation with us as we go amongst people and guide them to develop a heart like ours and physically engage in serving others. In this way, we give of ourselves

In this way, we give of ourselves and other people also give of themselves. This is creating merits. What we do benefits people and makes us feel very solid and grounded. Merit is about cultivating our hearts while benefiting people.

What about virtue? Virtue is about living out the Dharma. Not only do we need to cultivate our hearts, we further need to put the Dharma into action. I often tell everyone that people watch our actions in daily life and learn from us. So, we need to show our spiritual cultivation through our daily conduct.

Virtue is about living out the Dharma. If we truly cultivate ourselves, it will show in our conduct and demeanor in our work and all that we do, without pretense; when people see us, they will feel that we look very dignified and well-mannered. No matter what we do, it will make people happy and they will give praises. This is having virtue.

If we are in a leadership role, as long as we cultivate our hearts and live out the Dharma, people will listen to us and help us accomplish what we want to do. Such is having merits and virtue. Such is spiritual cultivation, creating merits, and nurturing virtue.

This is the law of Karma. The law of karma applies to everyone’s life. If we create a cause, with karmic affinity, the effect will manifest. This is for certain. This is for certain. This is the law of karma. We must believe that cultivating ourselves and living out the Dharma is creating merits and nurturing virtue.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: