Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20191212法脈人文齊傳承Education: The Hope of Humanity

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20191212法脈人文齊傳承Education: The Hope of Humanity Empty
發表主題: 20191212法脈人文齊傳承Education: The Hope of Humanity   20191212法脈人文齊傳承Education: The Hope of Humanity Empty周四 1月 09, 2020 7:55 am

"As we can establish an international school in accordance with the government's policy, we're building this international school to carry out Tzu Chi's mission of education. Some people thought that this school is aimed at making a profit. I told them, 'Tzu Chi is an NGO and we build the school not for the sake of money.' "

"There are many international schools in Malaysia. But, Tzu Chi teachers guide students with love and emphasize students' virtues and moral character. Such an educational philosophy cannot be found at other international schools here. I truly identify with this spirit and I'm more than willing to join the efforts to help build the school."

We see that many Tzu Chi members in Malaysia (have helped build a school there) to carry out Tzu Chi's mission of education. Three years ago, Tzu Chi members from Malaysia presented a blueprint to me and told me that they'd acquired a piece of land on which they all had the heart to build a Tzu Chi school. They asked for my consent. As it was a good thing to build schools, I gave my consent without any hesitation.

With that piece of land and my consent, they began to make plans for construction. They could begin the project very quickly because they've always worked in unity, harmony, mutual love, and concerted effort.

"Growing up, we couldn't receive an education. So, learning that Tzu Chi members have the heart to build a school, we're filled with joy and we'll do our best (to help build the school.)

"As we can't afford to make a large donation, I asked for my mother's help in raising funds by saying:' Tzu Chi decided to build a school. Tzu Chi's hospital in Hualien by pawning their gold jewelry, holding charity fairs, making donations, and doing all they could to help.' My mother agreed without any hesitation."

"As it'll be a school for people of all religions, I said to my daughter:' I have no other skills than cooking. We can raise funds by selling food.' Honestly, it's a bit tiring. Yet, I'm truly filled with joy because with the school, many children can receive an education, which is great. As I couldn't receive an education, it's my wish that every child can go to school."

See how our volunteers in Malaysia worked hard to help build the school by pooling everyone's love together. Many experts also had the heart to help build the school. From the blueprint to the construction, the architect, the contractor, and many others worked together to make the school possible. Our volunteers said that setting up the school is not for the sake of money. They even made donations to help build the school. See how they give of themselves.

Recently, they presented me the architectural simulations three years ago and the photos of the newly completed school. They even showed me a video on the new school. With the passing of three years, the school was completed, and it looks exactly the same as the simulations. They were precise in building the school. They truly have my admiration.

Also, the stairways are not steep and are very easy to climb, and the hallways are spacious even if the school land isn't very large. The school will be officially opened next January. Many parents have tried hard to have their children enrolled into this school. See how popular the school is even if its first semester has not begun yet.

In addition to the dedication of the construction contractor and the architect, our volunteers in Malaysia made donations and did all they could to help build the school, such as holding charity fairs. By pooling everyone's strength together, they've built the school so well. I've learned that many parents hope to send their children to our school. The school can admit 1,000 to 2,000 students, but over 2,000 students have made an application.

In all, this Tzu Chi school in Malaysia has become very popular has become even before it is officially opened. Indeed, as long as we are mindful, we can always carry out our missions successfully. The school principal also visited me and shared how she'd manage the school and how she'd guide and care for the students just like her own children. I truly believe in our Tzu Chi members in Malaysia.

The school's education quality can surely compare to that of its counterparts around the world. I'd like to give my best wishes to our Tzu Chi members there. Seeing how they've built the school by giving of themselves, I'm deeply moved. We see how our Tzu Chi members in Malaysia have integrated Tzu Chi's Dharma lineage with the school. This is how Tzu Chi members work to pass on Tzu Chi's spirit and values and preserve the  beauty displayed in the image of Tzu Chi.

Our school rebuilding projects (in Taiwan) are still ongoing. We are constructing quake-resistant buildings for many schools that have become dangerous to stay inside. I have said, "When disaster strikes, it will then be to late to rebuild the schools. We should rebuild the schools now." We carry out our work with resources from society, so we wish to give back to society by constructing sturdy building for the schools so that students can receive their education in safety.

(Some of) our rebuilding projects for 26 schools are still ongoing, and we've been carrying out the construction work unceasingly. In all, our Tzu Chi members have been giving with love for the common good, which is indeed very touching. I truly hope that Tzu Chi's lineage and spirit of unity can be passed on ceaselessly from Taiwan, where Tzu Chi was founded, to all over the world.

Our young volunteers should also take in this spirit. Let us  care for them and pass on this spirit to them because they are the pillars of society in the future. Having carried out Tzu Chi's work steadfastly for more than half a century, we've paved the right path for future generations. We should guide our children onto the path and guide our young generations to understand how they can contribute to society in the future.

Given the problems caused by climate change, restlessness in people's minds, and the ever-growing world population, we should all the more work to pass on our spirit and values. May we Tzu Chi members pass on Tzu Chi's spirit and values to future generations so there will be more stability and peace around the world in the future.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: