Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20191219弘揚善道心富足Inspiring More People onto the Path of Goodness

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20191219弘揚善道心富足Inspiring More People onto the Path of Goodness Empty
發表主題: 20191219弘揚善道心富足Inspiring More People onto the Path of Goodness   20191219弘揚善道心富足Inspiring More People onto the Path of Goodness Empty周三 1月 15, 2020 11:56 pm

Tzu Chi's work in Myanmar first began when we brought aid there in 2008. Seeing many people in poverty and suffering when carrying out relief there, we held free clinics and brought material aid to the poor. In addition to relief supplies, we also gave out rice seeds to local farmers so they could resume farming and get back on their feet. We've been carrying out various missions in Myanmar ever since, and this is mad possible by our affinities with Myanmar 11 years ago.

With affinities we've formed with people there, we've reached out to many people in need. As Myanmar has a large territory and population, we bring aid and care to the needy every year. Apart from giving out rice seeds, we've also carried out school rebuilding projects. As we brought aid and care to those in need, they've been inspired to help the worse off and even encourage fellow villagers to do the same.

Despite being materially poor, they've been inspired to give and have become spiritually rich. I often share how they save a handful of rice from each meal every day to help others and how they've been passing on this spirit to more people. They even help other farmers by giving them rice seeds they've harvested. As they can save one handful of rice from each meal to help those worse off, so can we save what we can every day to help others. Doing so will not affect our life at all. Contrarily, by pooling everyone's love together, we can bring aid to many people in need.

By sharing how we can save what we can to help others, we've guided and inspired people in Myanmar to save rice and help those worse off. This is how we've inspired love in families and the society there. We've also inspired many people in Myanmar to give with love and volunteer with us. They take part in our volunteer training sessions and observe Tzu Chi's precepts. Many of them have changed their unwholesome habits.

"Master, I vow not to chew betel nuts, smoke, or drink any longer. Sometimes, when I want to chew betel nuts, I'll eat preserved fruit, which costs only 50 kyats (0.033 USD.) This is how I quit betel nuts."
"I began to chew betel nuts in 1987. I've had the habit for over 30 years, but I'm determined to quit."
"From the training, I understand that chewing betel nuts can cause oral diseases. I buy betel nuts, chew them and spit them out, which is indeed a waste of money."

In addition to observing Tzu Chi's precepts, they must also cultivate the ten wholesome ways, and work to benefit others with loving-kindness and compassion. Only then can they become certified Tzu Chi volunteers. And, not only should they change their unwholesome habits, but they also strive to inspire more people, including their own families, to volunteer with Tzu Chi. This is also a form of education.

How are we to guide and inspire everyone? We must start with purifying people's hearts and minds. By sharing wholesome teachings with others, we can inspire them to give and serve from the bottom of their hearts. Seeing how our volunteers in Myanmar have been sharing wholesome teachings with people, I'm deeply touched. I often share the stories of our volunteers there such as Mr. U San Thein, Mr. U Thein Tun, etc.

They care for all life and use no pesticides in their fields. Every day, with sincere piety, they give best wishes to their farms and speak good words to the rice plants. It is amazing that Mr. U Thein Tun enjoys better harvest than others. His rice plants are taller and his rice grains are larger than those from other farms. Like U Thein Tun, many farmers have witnessed how they can reap good harvest by harboring sincere piety. Their stories are truly extraordinary.

Our volunteer are planning to turn the village into an exemplary model. We've helped the villagers improve their farming practices. Favorable weather conditions are also helpful for their harvest. But most importantly, the villagers harbor sincere piety in cultivating their fields. With these advantages, they've enjoyed good harvest. So, if we can give rise to goodness, we can help many people in need.

As long as we are willing to give and often care for the needy with love, we can transform their lives for the better. This is how we can live out our value in life. See how our volunteer in Myanmar have lived out their value in life by transforming lives there. I'm grateful that our volunteers have always been giving with love. They pay everything out of their own pockets and do all they can to serve. They are truly living bodhisattvas.

Let us harbor gratitude towards one another. We must harbor gratitude to our volunteers who have brought relief to Myanmar. Also, we must vow to bring continued aid there and take action to live out our vow. This is how we serve as living bodhisattvas.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: