Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20191226信願力行籲環保Recycling---A lifetime Mission

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20191226信願力行籲環保Recycling---A lifetime Mission Empty
發表主題: 20191226信願力行籲環保Recycling---A lifetime Mission   20191226信願力行籲環保Recycling---A lifetime Mission Empty周日 2月 02, 2020 4:40 am

We see a lot of Tzu Chi members (here at our Jing Si Hall) in Kaohsiung. The atmosphere is truly vibrant. During these few days, I've heard many of our Tzu Chi members share how they go amongst people to serve and carry out Tzu Chi's work unwaveringly. Their stories are all very touching.

Our most senior volunteer in Kaohsiung began to serve with Tzu Chi more than 40 years ago. Since then, one person after another has been inspired to volunteer with us. These volunteers of ours, who cultivate sincerity, integrity, faith, and honesty at all times, put Tzu Chi's missions before their ow work and live out my words with all their hearts in serving as living bodhisattvas to benefit all. Every day, I've heard our Tzu Chi members in each session share how they work for the greater good.

The Buddha said that his greatest purpose of coming to this world was to teach the ways of Bodhisattvas. Indeed, the world needs Bodhisattvas. Why is that? Because the world is filled with much suffering. In the Buddha's time, he foretold that with the accumulation of more and more impurities, the world in our time would be one filled with impurities and disasters.

Our staff members have attended the 2019 UN climate change conference (COP25) to understand how human beings are to adapt to climate change in the future (and to explain how Tzu Chi has been working to protect the environment.)

Two young staff members attending the conference are our overseas Tzu Chi members. One of them is from Singapore and the other is from the Philippines. They are truly very dedicated to Tzu Chi. Whatever work I want to do, they think about it from the perspective of young people. Keeping my words in mind, they research and seek different ways to carry it out.

Before they left for the conference, I told them:" Recycling can truly help counter climate change. Take with you this pen made of plastic bottles so you can show it to people you meet and share our recycling work with them."I'm very grateful that we can turn a recycled plastic bottle into a pen. This is made possible by our Tzu Chi members. We've truly reused and remade recyclables we've collected.

We can turn recyclables into various products that people can use in daily life. We can even turn plastic films into pavement bricks. See how recyclables can be remade into useful resources. As many people do not recycle, a lot of garbage has accumulated. And, as there are truly too many recyclables to collect, we should also urge everyone to reduce waste and to use reusable items.

This is how we can care for Mother Nature in daily life. We must be mindful in this regard. Yet, being mindful is not enough. Most importantly, we must take action. Our recycling volunteers are not only mindful, but they take action to protect the Earth. This is their faith and how they live out their vow.

The way we reuse recyclables has drawn much attention at the UN climate conference. Not only have we shared our recycling work at the conference, but we've also presented how we've made recyclables into clothes, shoes, belts, and other products. We've shared how these products come from recyclables that have been cleaned before they are reused and made into others things. I'm truly thankful for this and I'm grateful for everyone's efforts.

To protect the earth, counter climate change, and mitigate rising global temperatures, we've shared our recycling work and emphasized the importance of recycling at the UN climate conference. It's not enough if we are the only ones doing recycling. We should show people around the world how we recycle to protect the Earth and encourage everyone to do the same.

I hope our recycling volunteers continue to recycle and promote recycling in communities. This is truly a good thing. See how we've offered long-term care to the needy and the elderly. Speaking of the elderly, I'm also advanced in age. What is the right path in life for the elderly? I'm very grateful that I've been walking the right path in life ever since I began to dedicate myself to Tzu Chi's work more than 50 years ago.

Our elderly volunteers, you've also been on the right path in life. Since I said we should recycle, you've been recycling with diligence, thereby "turning garbage into gold, turning gold into love, and turning love into a stream of purity that flows around the world." Through recycling, you've not only reduced garbage, but also protected the Earth and helped turn recyclables into new resources.

You've truly set a good example by protecting the land and making the air cleaner for the wellbeing of future generations. It is very important to make the air cleaner so everyone can breathe clean air and enoy good health.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: